Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Suggestion Box, Make suggestions here!
Skeleman 
Posted: 23-Aug-2008, 04:34 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: North Carolina

male

QUOTE (Leelee @ 22-Aug-2008, 02:20 PM)
If you are invited to join a Clan, should you? Who is doing the inviting????? When you click on "information" it only gives you the Coat of Arms & also the Clans name - Clan description and rules. You click on Clan Description and rules, nothing happens. unsure.gif

I wondering the same thing. What purpose do the clans serve in the game? Is it just to show what kingdoms are allies or does it actually effect gameplay in some way?

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C. S. Lewis

"The Enrichment Center promises to always provide a safe testing environment. In dangerous testing environments, the Enrichment Center promises to always provide useful advice. For instance, the floor here will kill you. Try to avoid it." - GlaDOS - Portal
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog                
subhuman 
Posted: 23-Aug-2008, 06:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacWillow

Realm: 127.0.0.1

male

or does it actually effect gameplay in some way?

For one, armies attack at half-strength if you attack someone in your same clan.
For this reason, Clans are a good way to ensure non-aggression with someone.

(this is explained in the help files.. they're there for a reason)

--------------------
I have two modes: wiseass and dumbass. Mode is determined by current blood alcohol level.

Drinking is a sport. In order to be competitive, you must practice on a regular basis. Although you can practice alone, it is much more fun to practice with friends. If you're out of shape and practice too hard, you will regret it the next day.

Life is a disease. It is sexually transmitted and always terminal.
PMEmail Poster               
ranger 
Posted: 23-Aug-2008, 07:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Western Kentucky

male

There is still problems and questions about it when you don't know who is inviting you. That was one of the main points to the inquiries, I believe. All you get is the invitation with no way of finding out who it is doing the invite.

--------------------
"...so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

'The Lord of the Rings' - Book one
PMEmail Poster               
Skeleman 
Posted: 23-Aug-2008, 07:23 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacHolly

male

QUOTE (subhuman @ 23-Aug-2008, 07:50 PM)
For one, armies attack at half-strength if you attack someone in your same clan.
For this reason, Clans are a good way to ensure non-aggression with someone.

I go to the help files first if I have a question about something but since there's not a Clan section in them I didn't think there was anything about clans.
ranger 
Posted: 23-Aug-2008, 07:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (subhuman @ 23-Aug-2008, 06:50 PM)

subhuman, did you get your highly incorrect idea of what the post rating was in the help files also? thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail Poster               
subhuman 
Posted: 23-Aug-2008, 07:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacWillow

male

No, that came from how IPB works in general, at least the newer versions. Bear in mind that CRN is using a five-year-old pre-release version. It doesn't always act like other IPB forums.

As for the help files, I guess I'm making this up, huh?
Bonuses
Besides any experience either army has, you troops will fight with a different level or strength and defense depending upon the relationship between you and the defender. If the defender is in an allied country, or is part of the same clan as you, your troops will be considerably less effective in combat.

PMEmail Poster               
ranger 
Posted: 23-Aug-2008, 08:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

I'm not doubting your computer and gaming knowledge at all.....my only point was that your response could have been viewed as a little strong or over-the-top. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
TamiMcLeod 
Posted: 23-Aug-2008, 09:20 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Ely MN. and Skye Scotland

female

Yeah i been gaming over 25 years...... and i have some trouble with learnign thsi game,

but i have to agree, i think that response to a simple question, was rude...Subhuman..We are just trying to learn and play, and i feel theres no need to be rude and smartbutt

we do know why the help file is there... but some times we don't understand what it saids..

Is it so wrong to ask?

And now for that reason, i wont ask a question if i am stuck or i don't know, i don't want to be spoken to in that manner

Tami

PMEmail Poster               
TamiMcLeod 
Posted: 23-Aug-2008, 09:22 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacAlder

female

When i hit edit, it doesn't take me to a place where i can correct my spelling, so excuse my spelling in the above post. But it wont let me correct it.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 23-Aug-2008, 10:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
238,209 Gold!

I appreciate everyone's feedback. Hopefully we can add to this game to make it easier and more interesting to play.

The idea of the game itself is not to play for hours, but to be one of the many things you can do on Celtic Radio. Maybe spend a few minutes each day or every few days. Build your score and your gold.

Will be using these threads to determine where we can improve the game or provided better help files. Also, we do plan on making the game play better in the future and perhaps porting it over to a 3D world at some point.

Now about IBP - we are using the much sought after free version - the last free version that was released to the public (1.3). But I can tell you that we have hacked, enhanced and manipulated this version so much that it probably does not even resemble what it was intended to look like. In fact, it has features that even the latest version of IBP does not have. We've also made it work with PHP 5 and MYSQL and added some security features that make it very secure - thats all I will say.

Really the only thing that might be a little behind the times is the text editing which I am sure we could modify to bring up in line with the most recent boards.

Thanks for everyones comments!

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteRead My Blog View My Photographs               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Skeleman 
Posted: 24-Aug-2008, 10:06 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacHolly

male

QUOTE (subhuman @ 23-Aug-2008, 08:48 PM)
No, that came from how IPB works in general, at least the newer versions. Bear in mind that CRN is using a five-year-old pre-release version. It doesn't always act like other IPB forums.

As for the help files, I guess I'm making this up, huh?
Bonuses
Besides any experience either army has, you troops will fight with a different level or strength and defense depending upon the relationship between you and the defender. If the defender is in an allied country, or is part of the same clan as you, your troops will be considerably less effective in combat.

I never said that it wasn't there. I said when I first looked at the help, I didn't think there was anything about clans because there wasn't a section labeled "Clans."
ranger 
Posted: 24-Aug-2008, 12:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (TamiMcLeod @ 23-Aug-2008, 09:22 PM)
When i hit edit, it doesn't take me to a place where i can correct my spelling, so excuse my spelling in the above post. But it wont let me correct it.

[QUOTE]

You're spelling and usage is fine, Tami. thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail Poster               
TamiMcLeod 
Posted: 24-Aug-2008, 01:10 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacAlder

female

Thank Hon

thumbs_up.gif

Your the King king.gif
PMEmail Poster               
subhuman 
Posted: 24-Aug-2008, 01:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacWillow

male

There is still problems and questions about it when you don't know who is inviting you. That was one of the main points to the inquiries, I believe. All you get is the invitation with no way of finding out who it is doing the invite.

That's caused when whoever created the clan fails to fill out all the information. MacEoghainn is an example of someone who did fill it all out. He has a brief synopsis in his clan description.

my only point was that your response could have been viewed as a little strong or over-the-top.

Yes, and apparently it was interpreted that way. Text is an imperfect medium for communication- you cannot easily convey tone and inflection in it.
I'm sorry this was taken in a way other than what it was meant, but pointing to help files for usage of any program is generally acceptable- and let's face it, we're all learning as we go here. At this point, none of us knows how the game really works. The help files are probably the best place for most answers.

And now for that reason, i wont ask a question if i am stuck or i don't know, i don't want to be spoken to in that manner

The problem here is that you weren't spoken to. While reading, you're apparently attributing a completely different tone to my comment that was meant when I wrote it.
PMEmail Poster               
ranger 
Posted: 24-Aug-2008, 01:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]