Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> 100th Mod Over, Reminiscence of a partaker ;)
Faileas 
  Posted: 18-Oct-2003, 01:11 PM
Quote Post

Guardian of Scotland :-)
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Isle of Skye

female

Hello people been a while! I `ve been kept busy with many other things amongst which was the 100th mod in Oban where we contested in the two competitions for area choirs - Margret Duncan and Greenock Gaelic Choir Cup on friday, 18th October. Was good singing in both of them from all the choirs. Unfortunately we didnt get a prize anywhere but thats not so important (was slighty disappointing tho having said that). We had a wail of a time nontheless in one of the Oban Hotels near the Station in improvising a ceilidh after dinner till their own program started.
The contest day was very long as results for the morning contests were very late in coming as choirs had to gather their members who contested in other competitions from all over the place. Had fun with the massed choirs this morning great singing with 900 people (!!!!) in some sort of harmony in glorious sunshine with the boats pitturesque in the bay and McCaigs folly above. Friendly gesture of the Western Isle Ferry - he blew his ships whistle to say hello to the choirs smile.gif All in all great days even if a bit disappointing competitionwise , but oooooh i nearly forgot i still got my silver card in Gaidhlig smile.gif. Coronation of these two days was a fantastic drive back alongside Loch Linnhe, through the Great Glen, Glenn Garry and Glen Shiel back to my beloved Isle of Skye over that not so beloved bridge. Only difficulty was the sun at dangerous hight for small drivers when i returned alas. How often does that happen lol? thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
Scottish in Heart :-))

In the darkest heart the pride of man will walk allone

's ged tha mi fada bhuat cha dhealaich sinn a chaoidh

Darkover RPG
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]