Posted: 18-Mar-2006, 03:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

Hi all,
I just found out the line up of entertainment for the Northwest (Seattle) Highland Games, WHAT A LIST! The Tinkers will be there, Iona, Ed Miller, Alex Beaton and others. Looks like a great time. And of course the World's greatest pipe band Simon Fraser University! If you haven't seen or heard them they are GREAT! Any of you who are close enough to make it should come. Check it out at http://www.sshga.org/ Hope you can make it! thumbs_up.gif

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 26-Mar-2006, 01:38 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Dogshirt, I know someone from Seattle and he tells me that the Seattle Highland games are completely awesome! So glad to hear that WT will be there. Will you be attending yourself? If so, give us a big report! smile.gif
Annabelle 
Posted: 31-Mar-2006, 10:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Wicked Tinkers have something new added to their group! Who knows what it is?

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
Dogshirt 
Posted: 31-Mar-2006, 10:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

Annabelle, would that be the bronze age horn? I heard it at the PNW Highland games last year, very unique!
Yes I will be going again this year and will be glad to give a report and will post pictures as well.

beer_mug.gif
Rindy 
Posted: 01-Apr-2006, 02:22 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 18-Mar-2006, 02:40 PM)
Hey all! I hope y'all got to see the clip from the Craig Ferguson show.

Roisindubh! You live not too far from me.  About 3 hours to be exact! It is beautiful country up there. I am an hour south of Pheonix.  The Wicked Tinkers are no longer playing at the Mesa Highland games....boo hoo.  So if you went to the event (and I was there) you missed them.  However, several  of us from here are going to see them in  Flagstaff in July 15-16.  Hope to see you there!

I saw them last year in Flagstaff and gave Rindy here a live feed and and sent her a WT t-shirt! hee hee!  I have her Tinkerized too!  laugh.gif

Hi CR! I can't believe its been a year almost since that wonderful call you sent me. I have been tinkerlized ever since!! Still wear my shirt too-and have the sticker on my car....love um love um........loud and proud......lol
Can't thank you enough!!!!!

Tinker time--putting them in...hahahaha

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 01-Apr-2006, 08:14 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (Annabelle @ 31-Mar-2006, 11:00 PM)
Wicked Tinkers have something new added to their group! Who knows what it is?

Well, I know they have a new member named Jay Atwood. He plays both the didgeridoo and Irish bronze horn. He is wonderful too! He is not in my recent photo that I have in my sig, but I will be seeing the band in mid-July and hope to get new photos and post them here for all you to see! I SO love this band!

Rindy, glad you liked the time we spent on the phone and your t-shirt. Plan to do it again this year if you like! wink.gif
loveofgage 
Posted: 11-Apr-2006, 09:28 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacElder

female

I used to look forward to the local highland games every year just so that I could see and hear the Tinkers. For about 5 yrs now I have loved to listen and watch these crazy men have a grand ol time. However, now that Wayne (the horn-ist (?)) is no longer with the group the spark seems gone. They just don't seem to have the same umph. The music is still great, but the experience is not anywhere near the same. Honestly they shouldn't have gotten rid of Wayne, he added an impishness to the band that is sorely missed by many here in Bakersfield.
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 12-Apr-2006, 01:37 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

CelticRose, of course I would like it-don't need another shirt though!! lol Is there any word of a new cd coming out? How is the WT website going? Thanks for keeping us updated!

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 12-Apr-2006, 06:15 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey there loveofgage. Well whatever happened to Wayne I am sure it left a lot of heartbreak for many. I never saw the WT live with Wayne in the band. I saw them afterwards and of course it was wonderful for me. It is always painful to see band members come and go, isn't it? I so hate it. But having grown up with musicians all my life, it is part of it I am afraid. I feel for you as it sounds like you had a wonderful experience and now very saddened by the loss. I know all too well how that feels.

For me, I look very forward to seeing them in July!

Rindy, no word on a new CD. They hope to be getting a concert DVD out soon though. the WT site is fine, but slow! Not sure why that is, but great people on there all the same. Personally, I don't care if there are 200 or 2 people as long as everyone gets along, act nice and respectful to one another! wink.gif
AumShanti 
Posted: 30-May-2006, 07:50 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

Interesting;
I was at the Bakersfield Games this year, and saw the Tinkers at the Ceilidh. I saw dozens of pierced and inked kids thrashing like mad to a band that they obviously love. I also saw middle-aged (like me) folks grooving heavily in their seats, and screaming along to "Wallop the Cat". I heard an incredible band (WTs) at the top of their game with a phenomenally talented didge player. Wayne was charming, no doubt. Impish, perhaps. But the new guy is twice the musician that Wayne ever was. The *spark* missing?! These guys were on fire! Don't know what show you saw.

BTW - does anyone know who the other young didge player that was invited up to play with Jay was? He was good too! Wonder if he'll play with them again.

Looking forward to seeing them again at Pleasanton this year!

A.S.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 08-Jul-2006, 07:48 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey A.S! You are going to see the WT at Pleasanton this year?! I am so jealous. I have a friend who lives near there and has invited me to join her at those games to see the guys. I will have to wait and see though.

I know that one of the didge players was Travis. He apparently moved to Hawaii and so I don't think he be playing with them again, but I really don't know. He is in the photo below in my sig. I knew there was a third guy, but I never seen or heard him.

In the meantime, I get to see the guys perform next weekend in Flagstaff and I can hardly wait. I hope to take many photos........again! tongue.gif biggrin.gif
Rindy 
Posted: 16-Jul-2006, 02:04 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi! I just wanted to say I heard from Celticrose and all is going well at the Wicked Tinkers concert..in Arizona... A large attendance....I will let her tell the rest of the story.... Thanks Celticrose- good talkin to you... thumbs_up.gif Can't wait for pictures and re-caps...

Haynes I am a wondering if you went?

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 16-Jul-2006, 04:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

Indeed I did.

Sure wish I would have known who you were, CelticRose! My son and I had a good time at the festival overall.

The Tinkers are crazy, which I am sure is part of their appeal. But underneath all of that, these guys can really play. I was very impressed and found them to be very friendly in between sets.

Well worth a listen if you can catch them!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
Annabelle 
Posted: 16-Jul-2006, 06:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

I have never seen the Wicked Tinkers cause I can never find them playing anywhere near me. When I see someone with their T-shirt on I sometimes stop the person and ask them where they saw them at and how long ago. One day....I'll get to see em!
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 18-Jul-2006, 06:48 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Haynes! You were there?! I had NO idea you were there in Flagstaff. I wish you had told me so. did you come to our 1745 Jacobite encampment? I was all dressed in 18th c clothing. Perhaps you were watching the Wicked Tinkers perform as I was obnoxiously taking photos of them in front. I was the one dressed very oddly! LOL I made a lot of people mad when I was up there taking their photos, but I was only to be up there for a few minutes at a time to try to take good shots of them for our WT website. Unfortunately, with a point and shoot digital camera, you think you are getting a good shot and then that stupid delay time gives you another shot instead...so aggravating.

Weren't they terrific though?! They get better and better! I got to talk to Rindy briefly on the phone, which was awesome. I got to spend some time with ArizonaAmy and her family. I saw and spent time with a lot of internet folks, but dang it. I am so mad I didn't get to meet and see you Haynes. Next year tell me you will be there, eh?

I will be posting a new signature pic of them and me..soon! And their new forum if any of you would like to join.

I was totally impressed with Jay the new didgeridoo player! He is completely awesome as a musician and very personable to speak with!

I am all excited too cause the WT's are working on a new CD! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was great talking to you, Rindy. Thanks for giving the report for me! thumbs_up.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]