Total Votes: 31
Guests cannot vote 
scottish2 
Posted on 26-Jan-2004, 06:15 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (andylucy @ Jan 26 2004, 04:01 AM)
Well, not just Catholicism, but that is a BIG part of it. biggrin.gif But, hey, if we all agreed all the time, how boring would it be?

Catholics though are but only one relgion and they don't make religious rules or laws (not sure what to consider them) that cover everyone they cover just Catholics. I mean if they want to say that the use of the word marriage is for religious us only that's fine but that covers just catholics. It's like the US can't write laws that govern the UK or Japan or any other country cause it's outside it's jurisdiction.

That's why I am so set in my thinking on the word marriage cause as an atheist I could really care less what religion thinks wink.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted on 26-Jan-2004, 06:22 AM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAsh

male

QUOTE (scottish2 @ Jan 26 2004, 07:15 AM)
That's why I am so set in my thinking on the word marriage cause as an atheist I could really care less what religion thinks wink.gif

Yea, but do you care what the People think? unsure.gif

--------------------
May your days be filled with Merriment and May you walk in Balance with Creator.

"For every day you fish, you live another day"
PMEmail Poster                
andylucy 
Posted on 26-Jan-2004, 06:25 AM
Quote Post

High Chief Of The Dartboard
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

Realm: Western Kentucky

male

QUOTE (scottish2 @ Jan 26 2004, 06:15 AM)
Catholics though are but only one relgion

Yep. That's right. Of course, I feel it to be the most correct one, else I wouldn't have become Catholic. But to each his own.

QUOTE (scottish2 @ Jan 26 2004, 06:15 AM)

And as a Catholic, an atheistic opinion has no effect whatsoever on my mindset (especially on what I feel to be a matter of faith and morals), and probably never will. (Although there is always that outside chance biggrin.gif ) To each his own.

Just my tuppence.

Andy

--------------------
Just my tuppence.

Andy

Never drink to excess; you might shoot at a tax collector and miss. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes.

TANSTAAFL

If a person doesn't believe in something, he'll soon believe in anything. - G. K. Chesterton

9-1-1: state sponsored Dial-A-Prayer
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted on 26-Jan-2004, 06:32 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (Richard Bercot @ Jan 26 2004, 07:22 AM)
Yea, but do you care what the People think? unsure.gif

As it pertains to religion no I really don't cause I am not religious and have no interest in what the catholic church teaches or thinks on this matter.
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted on 26-Jan-2004, 06:37 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (andylucy Posted on Jan 26 2004 @ 07:25 AM )
Yep. That's right. Of course, I feel it to be the most correct one, else I wouldn't have become Catholic. But to each his own.

And that's your right to believe as you want.

QUOTE (andylucy Posted on Jan 26 2004 @ 07:25 AM )
And as a Catholic, an atheistic opinion has no effect whatsoever on my mindset (especially on what I feel to be a matter of faith and morals), and probably never will. (Although there is always that outside chance  ) To each his own.

Which is what I have been saying. See As an atheist I could careless really what the Catholic or Baptist or other churches think on the word Marriage cause I don't follow their religion and don't follow with their beliefs. So since I don't care about what a specific religion has to say no religion can say I can't use something when I could careless what they think in the first place. They don't have religious jurisdiction over my non catholic butt. They don't have a right to tell me what I can or can't use.
PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted on 26-Jan-2004, 06:39 AM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

What ever happened to the old rule that the majority rules and not the minority? unsure.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Richard Bercot 
Posted on 26-Jan-2004, 06:42 AM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

Oh, and by the way, I am not Catholic, heck I am not even a Christian. But the last I knew, Majority Rules.
PMEmail Poster                
andylucy 
Quote Post

High Chief Of The Dartboard
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

Realm: Western Kentucky

male

QUOTE (scottish2 @ Jan 26 2004, 06:32 AM)
As it pertains to religion no I really don't cause I am not religious and have no interest in what the catholic church teaches or thinks on this matter.

But it doesn't just pertain to religion with some of us. My political philosophy is defined by my faith. I cannot split the two, and wouldn't if I could. It is just depressing to people of faith to be told that our opinions are valueless because we base them on something that others deem to be trivial. sad.gif

Just my tuppence.

Andy
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

In this matter Majority rule is wrong because religious folk can't force their views onto others, it's called freedom of religion and in some case freedom from religion if the persons atheist. wink.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted on 26-Jan-2004, 06:44 AM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

QUOTE (andylucy @ Jan 26 2004, 07:42 AM)
But it doesn't just pertain to religion with some of us. My political philosophy is defined by my faith. I cannot split the two, and wouldn't if I could. It is just depressing to people of faith to be told that our opinions are valueless because we base them on something that others deem to be trivial. sad.gif

Just my tuppence.

Andy

Andy, I agree full heartily. thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail Poster                
scottish2 
Posted on 26-Jan-2004, 06:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (andylucy @ Jan 26 2004, 07:42 AM)

Just my tuppence.

Andy

But see you don't have a right to push your religious views legally because then it would be infringing on my religious views that is why we have a separation of church and state to prevent one religion from pushing laws that say for instance that everyone much be catholic cause that would interfere with my right to chose my own religion or lack there of.
PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted on 26-Jan-2004, 06:49 AM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

QUOTE (scottish2 @ Jan 26 2004, 07:42 AM)
In this matter Majority rule is wrong because religious folk can't force their views onto others, it's called freedom of religion and in some case freedom from religion if the persons atheist. wink.gif

So let me get this straight. If 20 people say that they want to play Baseball and you want to play Football. Then we all play Football because someone may be Catholic or any other Religion? unsure.gif

What has that got to do with the price of Tea in China?
PMEmail Poster                
scottish2 
Posted on 26-Jan-2004, 06:55 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

No the 20 people play baseball and one plays football wink.gif unl;ess maybe 21 decide instead to play basketball but we aren't talking fun and games here we're talking one group trying to dictate how others live their own personal lives. If I was gay it's none of the catholic churchs business what I call my relationship with my partner (IF I WAS GAY I AM NOT for example only) They can believe as they want but they don't have a right to force their views onto me or anyone else otherwise they are trambling my right to believe as I do. If I am not Catholic I could careless what the Catholic church thinks of this mater cause I don't share their beliefs neccessarily.
PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted on 26-Jan-2004, 07:03 AM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

This is why we have so many of these Stupid Laws. All in the name of "Well Someone Stepped on My Foot."

I can care less if someone is gay or not. I just do not like being told that I have to accept it. mad.gif

I know that this subject is about Marriage, but you do not like being told to accept your way of thinking any more than you like anyone else telling you to accept their way of thinking.
PMEmail Poster                
scottish2 
Posted on 26-Jan-2004, 07:09 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Never said you had to accept it but why should the Gay aethist couple be forced to accept the churches views as well? It's a 2 way street.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]