Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Old House, will you live in it if.....
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 13-Sep-2006, 08:23 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indiana

female

I would def. live someplace like that. I have had a few experiences that I think justify my theory that ghosts are real, but like i tell everyone else on this subject or are skeptics, I can't make you a believer, you need to experience it yourself.
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog                View My Space Profile.
stoirmeil 
Posted: 13-Sep-2006, 09:19 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (ontrose1969 @ 26-Jun-2006, 10:13 PM)
Then again, on my honeymoon we went to New Orleans. Which I would have to say is probably the most haunted city in the USA.

What an irony that is. You can't imagine recent events would have cleared the vibes any, can you? There's more residue of grief, fear and anger there now than anywhere else in the United States. While I wish the brightest success possible to their hopes to overcome all of it in good time, I don't think I could bear to live there, or even visit.
PMEmail Poster               
gwen 
Posted: 02-Oct-2006, 11:08 AM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Utah

female

When I was in junior high school, we moved into a home built in 1910. Shortly after the home was completed, the owner (Captain McCarty) died. When we moved into the house in 1990, many people in town asked us if we had seen his ghost, as the previous owners and their guests had been reporting sightings of him for half a century. I never saw him, but sometimes the balcony lights and the lights in the upstairs landing would turn on during the night or when we were gone. A little spooky, but the Captain never seemed to be malicious, so we gradually became somewhat fond of him, and were grateful to have the honor of living in his beautiful old home.

--------------------
warm heart, warm hearth
bring me to thee-
out of the world's bluster and bite.
i'll hold my children
in a place soft and light,
and welcome the wanderer
that knocks at my door.
PMEmail Poster               
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 05-Oct-2006, 05:58 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indiana

female

QUOTE (se_ericksen @ 02-Oct-2006, 12:08 PM)
When I was in junior high school, we moved into a home built in 1910. Shortly after the home was completed, the owner (Captain McCarty) died. When we moved into the house in 1990, many people in town asked us if we had seen his ghost, as the previous owners and their guests had been reporting sightings of him for half a century. I never saw him, but sometimes the balcony lights and the lights in the upstairs landing would turn on during the night or when we were gone. A little spooky, but the Captain never seemed to be malicious, so we gradually became somewhat fond of him, and were grateful to have the honor of living in his beautiful old home.

lights seem to besomething that happens with paranormal activity. A doctor died in my granparents house, before it was turned into one huge house, it was an apartment. Anyway, when my grandmother lived there by herself, we sealed off the upstairs so that the heat would stay downstairs...anyway, the lights would go on and off up stairs after it was sealed.
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog                View My Space Profile.
Montie, druid at heart 
Posted: 29-Oct-2006, 05:02 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Sugar Grove, VA

male

I live in a house where my mother-in-law, whom i never met, died suddenly from a blood clot. We moved in several years later and on occasion we here noises and I have investigated some of them but never found any. A few times I have felt like someone was watching but never had any proof. I might try a haunted house stay just for the experience.
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 29-Oct-2006, 10:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Our town is so boring I think even the ghosts have left!! Actually there are a few ghost stories around even though I've seen nothing. The theatre of course always seems to be a popular haunt for ghosts in any town, ours included. Several indian ghosts out by Lake Superior. Little Girl's point and Dead Man's drop are two points named for such things. Girls dormitory in Ashland. Paulding lights in Watersmeet-about two hours east are quite famous-been there-done that. One of the bars in Hurley is said to be haunted. Place can never stay open for more than a year before some kind of paperwork hassle shuts it down till a new owner buys it. My house has no ghosts that I have seen or heard even though it was built in 1898. Will let you know if things change.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
LORD RHYS 
Posted: 02-Nov-2006, 04:24 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: NEW PORT RICHEY FL

male

Sure it would be interesting in live in such a house .

--------------------
"True conformity to the dictates of nature requires reverence for the past and solicitude for the future. 'Nature' is not simply the sensation of the passing moment; it is eternal, though we evanescent men experience only a fragment of it. We have no right to imperil the happiness of posterity by impudently tinkering with the heritage of humanity."

"Every right is married to a duty, every freedom owns a corresponding responsibility. There cannot be genuine freedom unless there exists also genuine order in the moral realm and in the social realm."
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]