> Introduce Myself To Members Of CR.
Mailagnas maqqas Dunaidonas 
Posted: 19-Dec-2006, 09:53 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacOak

male

Welcome, Antonio! Make yourself at home and enjoy the fine music and good company.

--------------------
Síochán leat,
Mailagnas
Clan Donald USA
PMEmail Poster               
Mailagnas maqqas Dunaidonas 
Posted: 19-Dec-2006, 10:30 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

male

QUOTE (Muircheartach @ 16-Dec-2006, 11:14 AM)
I was a fighter/attack pilot stationed in DaNang and was shot-down twice - the second time did some rather serious damaged to my legs, so I did not get to finish as I hoped, but still feel that I can fight and make a difference on the "real" battlefield, which is prayer!

Robbie,
This is a bit off the topic of welcoming Antonio but I can't help asking. When were you at DaNang? I was there with the Air Force in 65, 66, and 67. I was an airborne voice intercept operator (Vietnamese) flying C-130 recon (Silver Dawn/Commando Lance) missions over the GOT. Not knowing when to quit, I then flew RC-135 Combat Apple missions over the GOT out of Kadena AB, along with a few EC-121 Rivet Top missions over the Plainnes des Jarres (I know, we were never there:)), from late 67 to late 69. My job was to monitor Mig comms to send out Mig alerts (and occasionally the same with SAM comms). Basically, trying to give the fighter/bomber crews as much info as possible regarding Mig and SAM activity and intentions. Sometimes we succeeded; other times all we could do is provide info regarding shootdowns to the SAR crews. I still have nightmares from hearing all too often the words words "Muc tieu boc chay! Muc tieu tieu diet!" (Target on fire!Target destroyed!)
Welcome home,
Mick
PMEmail Poster               
gypseyreyne 
Posted: 24-Dec-2006, 02:25 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacRowan

female

Antonio,
Great to have you here. We are an Air Force family. My dad flew C-130s of every shape, color and description. He flies his desk now. I did moral walks at the hospitals at Ft Buckner and at Kadena.
Gald you have come in here.

--------------------
Oh Lord! Thou knowest how busy I must be this day: if I forget thee, do not Thou forget me.Prayer uttered by Sir Philip Warwick before the battle of Edgehill.
PMEmail Poster               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 25-Dec-2006, 06:15 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Hello Antonio! Fàilte gu Celtic Radio! Welcome to Celtic Radio!

In my humble opinion, you have found one of the best websites ever. The people here are some of the nicest to be found anywhere on the net, and the music is simply out of this world.

So kick off your shoes, grab a mug of your favorite hot (or cold) beverage, turn up the music and have fun! I look forward to getting to know you better through your posts.

If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to ask anyone with the word "Guide" beneath their avatar. That's why we're here!

Again, it is so nice to have you with us. We are like one big family here, and we just love welcoming new members to the fold! I hope that you will enjoy your stay with us, and that you will come back and visit with us often. I feel quite certain that you will grow to love the place as much as I have.

Welcome to the family, my friend!
And welcome home! smile.gif

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 25-Dec-2006, 10:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
41,985 Gold!

Hey Antonio! Welcome aboard. Glad you and your son made it in one piece and hope that your grandson does also. As I'm sure you've discovered by now, this place not only has great music but is also full of wonderful folks.

As A Shrule Egan said, just do it. If you can go, do it now. The sooner you go, the sooner you can go back. Just remember to bring back lots of pictures for those of us stuck at home. wink.gif

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
Antonio 
Posted: 01-Jan-2007, 07:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Tracy, California U.S.A.

male

sisterknight, thank you for the kind words of welcome!! and your right it does not matter which branch, all that matters is that we serve and it's our honor and privaledge. And there are fine people here and great music.

--------------------
Semper Fi

"If a man has found nothing he's willing to die for, he is not ready to live"

DISCIPLINE MUST BE A HABIT SO INGRAINED THAT IT IS STRONGER THAN THE EXCITEMENT OF BATTLE OR THE FEAR OF DEATH.
General George S. Patton

Laws that forbid the carrying of firearms, disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assulted, and better for the assailants. They serve rather to encourge, than to prevent homicides. For an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

Thomas Jefferson
PMEmail Poster               
Antonio 
Posted: 01-Jan-2007, 08:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Tracy, California U.S.A.

male

Mailagnas Maggas Dunaidonas, gypseyreyne, WizardofOwls, ThecarolinaScotsman. I thank each of you for your welcome and kind words. Please forgive me for not thanking you individually but I will. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 01-Jan-2007, 10:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
41,985 Gold!

Hey Antonio, just looked up Tracy on a map. My younger son works in Walnut Creek and lives in Benicia. His wife just got a job in Merced and they plan to move somewhere "in between" and split the commute. So he may end up fairly close to you.
capttrk1 
Posted: 02-Jan-2007, 01:55 AM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Hagerstown,Md

male

Welcome You won't meet a better group of people anywhere.
Family your born ;with Friends are the family you choose
Thanks for choosing us.

--------------------
may the sound of the pipes make your blood boil and rise you up
my brothers. 9/11 Never Forget
PMEmail Poster                
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]