> For Ladies Only, No Boys Allowed
CelticRoz 
Posted: 04-Sep-2005, 08:51 AM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Hey Monarch! That is great news! I guess I misunderstood that your DH was going to be home for that long. I am so happy for you! Gosh! I will be so happy when all our soldiers come home. Enough is enough already....IMHO

Hey Moonchild! So glad to hear from you and what you've been up to. That was nice of you to give your boss such a long notice. I have always done the same thing on my jobs too. I wish you the best for your new life's endeavors.

All is going well here. I am done with physio for now. Frankly, I don't really care to go back as I don't know if it really helped except to know which exercises NOT to do. Oh well, we'll see when I have my doc's appt in two weeks. Been doing a lot of historical reading, mostly American history. It surprises me how much I forgot through the years! I was never a good student back then and now I am paying for it! But it has been great fun and something different.

Take care everyone.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 06-Sep-2005, 08:24 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Hello everyone,

Hope y'all had a pleasant Labor Day. We certainly did, with my husband Reid kindly spending the morning helping my dad build a stone platform for a wooden swing he & mom bought, then putting the swing together. This thing is so big, its wide enough for two people to sit very comfortably & it has latticework on the sides so vines can be trained to grow up on them.
Mom had taped a sign onto the swing that said " Visitors Swing: 5 mins. 25 cents - Reid FREE!" Funny!

SB

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 16-Sep-2005, 07:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

Hello Ladies,

sorry I was quite busy the last days. bag.gif I really feel bad not being on here.

I hope everyone is fine. I finally got myself up and went to the gym and started something to get in shape. But since I don't like running on the treadmill or any of these things I decided to try raquetball. Seem to work fine. Fast speed running and hand and eye coordination. Seems to work out fine for me.

So the first few days I felt a bit sore - but not to bad. But now it's getting better.

I try to play now every day for an hour. Just when the kids are off - I can't go. But I guess it will work fine. Have a friend that goes with me. Sometimes it seems that we loose more calories by laughing then playing but at least we have plenty of fun.

Hope everyone is doing great.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 17-Sep-2005, 07:40 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey there ladies! Been a long time for me too! bag.gif I have been incredibly busy with all kinds of things and haven't had much time for the forums as of late. When I am on the pc, I am doing genealogy and reading history. Plus, hubby has been on here a lot too and he is getting ready to be back on here again. So thought I would stop in and say hello.

Monarch, how are you doing? How is hubby doing?

SB! Won't be long now! wink.gif How's your dad doing?

I have done no exercise at all! Had an MRI done on my back yesterday to see why the physical therapy didn't work too well. So we will see what that reveals next week.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 19-Sep-2005, 01:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Dad is quite unhappy now - we've decided to put our house on the market and look for a place with some land out in the country! He's very annoyed at the thought of us moving 45 minutes away but my husband and I are getting more & more excited at the thought of being away from the increasing traffic, noise, & neighbors here.

Other than being miffed at me, dad's fine!
PM               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 19-Sep-2005, 05:41 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Oh wow, SB! Your actually gonna do it?! How exciting! Any particular area your looking in? Well, I am sure dad will get over it when he comes out to visit and enjoys the peace and quiet. Your parents may end up moving that way too! Who knows?! biggrin.gif
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 21-Sep-2005, 09:41 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

We are limited in our choice of places to move to because we want at least 5 acres and a house with 3 bedrooms... most land close to us costs a fortune, and most houses with 3 bedrooms that are within our price range do not have 5 acres. So, what comes up on the real estate web site searches tends to be west of here: Bremen, Buchanan, Temple, Rockmart, and some out around Cartersville like Taylorsville. We apparently aren't going to be able to afford what we'd hoped for, judging by the suggested selling price we heard last night.

The real estate agent we've contacted to sell our house came over to meet with us for the first time & we showed her the inside of the house... she had done research on what houses have sold for in our area but without realizing we have a huge Family Room and my Studio in the basement area. So she is comparing our house with those are that are much smaller actually, and giving us a selling price that sounds woefully small! I got really upset at her attitude of 'well this is probably going to be the best we can do' and I actually left the room & refused to talk any more until Reid got her to see that she hadn't compared our place to houses that are actually similiar... but she finally saw the point and said she'd look further for recent sales to compare to our situation.

This is not going to be simple!

rolleyes.gif
PM               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 21-Sep-2005, 05:52 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Oh dear, SB! That is pretty far from where you are living now, but I bet you will love it if you can find the right place. Sorry to hear about your real estate agent. The market is so prime right now for selling and I would think you would sell rather quickly. Sounds like you need a more positive agent who is going to work for you though! Watch you sell your house while yer out here visiting me! biggrin.gif
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 28-Sep-2005, 08:59 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Hey, what am I going to do if the house sells and we're supposed to be moving AND my hubby gets sent to New Orleans to help restore the phone service - all while I'm due to visit you?!?!?!

Don't worry, I've got my priorities straight - nothing is going to keep me from visiting Arizona!

cool.gif Siobhan
PM               
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 29-Sep-2005, 06:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

female

Hello Ladies,

sorry again for not being on here for a while. Just have some health issues. Turns out I have kidney stones. So far passed one and got several more to go from both kidneys. (yeah me!)

Otherwise I am doing fine. Husband seems to come home in about 4 weeks. It's getting there. We are going over Thanksgiving to Maine and if all works out we will go to Disney World right after that. But Disney World isn't a sure thing yet.

Well, I hope I will be on here again more often. Depends on how many more times I have run to the bathroom and filter my stones out. tongue.gif
Ceciliastar1 
Posted: 29-Sep-2005, 08:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Ohio.

female

Oh my goodness. That's terrible about your kidneys. I hope they pass soon!

So it's four months till my wedding. My mom is doing all the planning so it's been nice. She was actually mentioning to me today that she isn't going to tell me about how she is not going to about how things are going to look or sound...haha. makes me a little nervous...but I trust her judgement. She was actually saying that she wishes it was a surprise party. At least she let me pick the groom, right? haha!

I bought my dress and it is oh so pretty. My bridesmaids dresses are also oh so pretty.

--------------------
There's a dear little plant that grows in our Isle
Twas St . Patrick himself, sure, that set it;
And the sun of his labour with pleasure did smile,
And with dew from his eye often wet it.
It grows through the bog, through the brake, through the
Mireland, and they call it the dear little shamrock of Ireland.
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 29-Sep-2005, 10:30 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

Congratulations Ceciliastar1 on your upcoming marriage, I wish you and Ryan many years of love and happiness...I know your Mom must be having a blast and a nervous breakdown all at the same time! Trust your Mom, we are wise beyond our years! biggrin.gif

Monarchs Own, sorry to hear about your kidney stones. My hubby is plagued with those dreadful things. The last bout he had with them was about 5 years ago. He was in the hospital for 3 days and had surgery. I hope you pass your's on your own.

SB I hope your able to sell your house real soon. A few years back we put our house on the market and when I was told someone was coming to look at it, I usually had something like bread or brownies coming right out of the oven when they came. There's something about the aroma of bread that gets everyone's attention. I know that alot of times the realtor and the one interested in looking doesn't want you there and you have to leave. My hubby or me was always there when someone come to look. We didn't go room to room with them, we let them discuss and talk about what they liked and what they didn't. Anyway, good luck!

Hi CR, Are you folks still in the triple digits? I did see yesterday on one of the news channels Phoenix was 100 degrees. Right now we are at 41.7... Brrr...it's time to get the long johns out! biggrin.gif How's your history lessons going?

I'll say hello and how are ya' to the rest of you good folks here. I'm getting a little tired. I've been up since 6:00 am, pulled my 12 hour shift at work and I'm looking forward to my 3 day week-end. Everyone have a super week-end, I plan to! Hubby and I are going to Tenn. tomorrow and plan on coming back late Sat. evening. We're going on the motorcycle, so I'll probably have to wear those long johns! biggrin.gif

maggiemahone1

PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 30-Sep-2005, 03:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

female

Yeah I hope I can pass those on my own. don't feel like surgery at all.

Otherwise I am doing better now - just the antibiotics are making me still a bit drowsy and stuff. But at least the pain is gone and I don't need those painkillers for now which really knock me out.

Take care all of you.

CS - Glad to hear the wedding plans are going forward.

Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 03-Oct-2005, 10:36 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (Ceciliastar1 @ 29-Sep-2005, 09:30 PM)
So it's four months till my wedding.... I bought my dress and it is oh so pretty. My bridesmaids dresses are also oh so pretty.

Ooooh, I love to talk weddings!! My son got married in May and as his bride is from PA & her family is there, I got to be the "Southern Mom" and be in on searching for a reception location & selecting the menu, things like that. .. it was an honor to be asked my opinion, and it gave me and the daughter-in-law-to-be a chance to really 'bond'.

I hope your wedding is as wonderful and meaningful and special as theirs was! Keep us informed on how the plans are coming along...
PM               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 03-Oct-2005, 10:39 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (maggiemahone1 @ 29-Sep-2005, 11:30 PM)
SB I hope your able to sell your house real soon. A few years back we put our house on the market and when I was told someone was coming to look at it, I usually had something like bread or brownies coming right out of the oven when they came. There's something about the aroma of bread that gets everyone's attention. I know that alot of times the realtor and the one interested in looking doesn't want you there and you have to leave. My hubby or me was always there when someone come to look. We didn't go room to room with them, we let them discuss and talk about what they liked and what they didn't. Anyway, good luck!

Thanks, sweetie! You know, I was wondering just this morning if I am supposed to stay around while realtors and potential buyers are looking around... nobody has told me yet. We aren't going to allow a 'lock-box' where any realtor & customers can let themselves in any time, because we have four cats that live in the house and we don't want to risk any of them getting frightened or let out accidentally. Its on an appointment-only basis, which ought to be okay because my studio is downstairs so I'm here most of the time.

The idea of baking something when the visitors arrive is a really good idea!!
PM               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]