Posted: 11-Oct-2004, 08:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Beaches of North Carolina & Mountains of Kentucky

female

QUOTE (bubba @ 24-Sep-2004, 10:44 AM)
Celticwoodsman, I don't think there's really any conflict at all, just varied views of reality. To me the world is truely a magical place in spite of what Man does. I don't believe our current technological reality is the only one there is any more than I believe this life is all we get. There are just too many things that happen in life that can't be explained by "rational" means to accept the cold scientific philosophy as the final word on existance. I've personally seen far too much to close my mind to possibilities. Far too often I've had a feeling that I should do this rather than that, go this way and not that way with no real idea why. Sometimes it's almost like a quiet voice inside my head. Yeah, I know, some people would say that's crazy, but it's saved my life on more than one occassion and the times I've ignored it or been unable to follow the feeling I've suffered for it. Life is a puzzle inside a mystery.

O'siyo bubba,
~ Very well put! cheers.gif 'Life is a puzzle inside a mystery' wink.gif aye indeed! And it makes perfect sense to me wink.gif
~ For the record, I do believe in the Fae..fairies and mermaids..my choice and I choose not to be closed-minded and not 'buried' too deep in Sociological Reality eek.gif
~~Sty-U red_bandana.gif

--------------------
I always knew one day I would travel this road;I just did not know that today would be the day....

'Each man is good in his sight. It is not necessary for eagles to be crows' --Sitting Bull

'Why do you take by force what you could obtain by love?'
--Powhatan

'HeartAches mend, HeartBreaks are everlasting'-- my own quote, seeker
PMEmail Poster               
dragonboy3611 
Posted: 06-Nov-2004, 04:24 PM
Quote Post

A Friend to who needs one.
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: USA, New York

male

QUOTE (celticwoodsman @ 23-Sep-2004, 10:57 AM)
I don't want to start any trouble, but a simple question:
I can understand if a person says that they do or do not believe in Fae, thats as easy for a person to say as a person to say that they do or do not believe in a god. That is a personal belief, but how can it be against a religion to believe or not in Fae, I am confused. I know some christians that believe that unicorns existed, and some pagans who believe in some christian happenings...just wondering if someone could elaborate on that a lil bit.

One can be Christian, or Protestant, or Lutheran, and still believe in some pagan ways. They can believe in Fae, in unicorn, in dragon, and in spirits.

There were never and never will be a set rules limiting the wills of people, no matter what material objects will come into place.

At least this is how I feel. True I believe in god, but I do believe that there are fae, that the trees have spirits, and I believe in walking in the woods, and doing my own version of pagan rituals to the Wood Spirits, leaving my gifts (birdseed), and thanking mother nature.

You don't have to be constricted like a cubical in your religion...

--------------------
"Men at some time are masters of their fate"
Jul Caesar, Act i, Sc.2

"When sorrow comes, they come not single spies, but in battalions"
Hamlet, Act iv, Sc.5

"All that lives must die, passing through nature to eternity"
Hamlet, Act i, Sc.2
PMEmail Poster               
Sėmeag 
Posted: 27-Feb-2009, 03:57 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Sassan

female

QUOTE (Lyra Luminara @ 16-Jun-2004, 03:50 AM)
Just wanted to know if everyone believes in the fae and if they incorporate them into their magick, workings, life, ritual, etc. etc.
Also, I think it would be cool for you to post any interesting stories you have involving them.

Not directly involving the fae...but one time during an esbat ritual, me and my friend accidentally danced on the fae cakes...and then it started raining. hahah. it was good times.

If by "fae" you mean Sidhe, and not the kitschy Victorian fairies, I do believe - in the Sidhe.

I don't incorporate them into my magic for a few reasons. One, only I am involved in my magic; deity, spirit of place and so on have no role. Two, I wouldn't involve the sidhe in my life if I could help it. They are as unpredictable as the weather, and can turn just as quick. unsure.gif

--------------------
Tha mi'n dochas gu bheil an eadar theangachadh ceart!
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

Š Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]