Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
253,103 Gold!

Around this past Sunday we noticed a severe drop in our available bandwidth. In fact, this started to have a negative impact on our site and broadcast.

After about a day or so of investigating and reviewing log files we determined that the cause of the bandwidth hogs were spammers and run away search engine bots. But the spammers really take about 90% of the blame here.

We have spent the last 3 days figuring all of this out and coming up with appropriate schemes to protect our bandwidth. A big thank you to our Super Moderator - Aaediwen - who just so happens to be the resident Linux guru here. He was able to identify a computer system that had gone haywire and was sending us requests slowing down our system.

It will be a few days before we get caught up on emails and requests. Thanks for your patience with us while we have fixed these issues!

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
stevenpd 
Posted: 12-Jan-2005, 04:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

All hail Aaediwin!

beer_mug.gif beer_mug.gif beer_mug.gif

--------------------

user posted image

Vote in the 2018 Music Awards

Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer "am I worth dying for?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
davidm 
Posted: 12-Jan-2005, 05:00 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Wyoming, USA

male

Great work Aaediwen, and Mac. The frustration level was growing hourly, but I knew you'd get to the bottom of the bit bucket and find the cause. Hail to the cure!

david
PMEmail Poster               
phoenix07 
Posted: 12-Jan-2005, 05:54 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacBirch

Realm: DXB

female

great!! though i didnt notice any problemgetting through CR, but it is even faster than it used to be when i first registered in laugh.gif
clap.gif well done aaediwen & mac clap.gif

--------------------
"May your mind be master of its vow; may your soul be master of its vow; and may you live on in the joy of your soul all the nights of your life."
user posted image
Vd. 18.27
PMEmail Poster                
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 12-Jan-2005, 07:48 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Thanks Mac and Aaediwen! All of your hardwork does not go unnoticed, guys! We appreciate all that you do for us!

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 12-Jan-2005, 10:27 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Thank you so much for your hard work Mac and Aaediwen! I am really enjoying this site. thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail Poster               
VetteGal 
  Posted: 13-Jan-2005, 04:50 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Des Plaines, Illinois

female

Well, all I can say is that by doing this I can no longer get onto the site using IE, Mozzilla, Netscape, or my Yahoo browser. I can only get in if I use the browser in AOL. All I use AOL for is my mail, I hate using the browser as my mouse fuctions do not work. Plus, if i click on view new posts, after I go back I lose the arrow for the newest post. I am on DSL and Ameritech is my provider. It really is a pain to use AOL for this and it just doesn't make it fun to come to the site as much as before. I would get on any chance I had but now I will only get on once a day. Please help as I am very frustrated by this.

--------------------
Blessed Be.

Merry meet, merry part, merry meet again.

Do as ye will, but harm ye none.

Nikki
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
phoenix07 
Posted: 13-Jan-2005, 06:44 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacBirch

Realm: DXB

female

vettegal .. i still can get into CR from my IE, but i usually use avant browser..
hope your problem will be resolved soon sad.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Aaediwen 
Posted: 13-Jan-2005, 12:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

QUOTE (VetteGal @ 13-Jan-2005, 05:50 AM)
Well, all I can say is that by doing this I can no longer get onto the site using IE, Mozzilla, Netscape, or my Yahoo browser. I can only get in if I use the browser in AOL. All I use AOL for is my mail, I hate using the browser as my mouse fuctions do not work. Plus, if i click on view new posts, after I go back I lose the arrow for the newest post. I am on DSL and Ameritech is my provider. It really is a pain to use AOL for this and it just doesn't make it fun to come to the site as much as before. I would get on any chance I had but now I will only get on once a day. Please help as I am very frustrated by this.

OUCH! That's evil having to use AOL... What happens when you try to use another browser? What do you get or not get? We must help free you from AOHell's evil clutches!

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

DonMagee 
Posted: 13-Jan-2005, 03:48 PM
Quote Post

Patiently waiting
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Delmar, NY

male

I am having a similar situation as Vettegal. From my home, I can not access the site. I continually recieve HTTP error 403, Access Forbidden. This is using two different machines (WinXP Pro SP2 and Win98). Win98 machine is using MS IE 6.0. The WinXP machine uses both Mozilla Firefox and MS IE 6.0. ISP is RoadRunner.

From my work (where I am now), I have access, though it is rather slow. Here I am using Win2000 with MS IE 5.5.

I don't have any problem with listening fortunately. Live365 functions fine without interruption from both work and home.

I'll be glad when these site issues are resolved.
PMEmail Poster               
dundee 
Posted: 13-Jan-2005, 04:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

QUOTE (Macfive @ 11-Jan-2005, 08:50 PM)
A big thank you to our Super Moderator - Aaediwen - who just so happens to be the resident Linux guru here.

LINUX??????

say aint he charlie brown's piano player?? angel_not.gif

--------------------
jim

www.greyaengus.com

"If I say something that can be interpreted in two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant it the other way."

often in error, never in doubt.

if guns kill people then my pencil mis-spells words
quote: larry the cable guy

sometimes what ya think ya want
isnt what ya thought ya wanted
till ya get what ya thought ya wanted
and then what ya had is gone....
Aaediwen 
Posted: 13-Jan-2005, 04:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

you're thinking of Schroder smile.gif Linus carried the security blanket and sucked his thumb.
dundee 
Posted: 13-Jan-2005, 04:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

QUOTE (Aaediwen @ 13-Jan-2005, 04:33 PM)
you're thinking of Schroder smile.gif  Linus carried the security blanket and sucked his thumb.

YEA!!!! he had the most sincere pumpkin patch.... unfortunately no great pumpkin.... so sally beat the crap out of him.... i think i see why he sucks his thumb...... unsure.gif
Shamalama 
Posted: 14-Jan-2005, 08:50 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Conyers, GA

male

It' taking me +30 seconds for every link I click. Actually it's taking me almost exactly 36 seconds per click. I'm running XP sp2 + Firefox 1.0 and behind a corporate firewall. Very sluggish for me.

I'm going to try from outside the firewall on a dial-up connection and see what I get.

Either way, Thanks Macfive!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Yep. 24 seconds for this page to load on dial-up (at around 47 kbps) and 37 seconds on a T1. Something between you and me is eating all my bits and bytes. furious.gif

This post has been edited by Shamalama on 14-Jan-2005, 11:44 AM

--------------------

Clan Mac Cullaich:
- Brewed in Scotland
- Bottled in Ulster
- Uncorked in America

Common Folk Using Common Sense
PMEmail Poster               
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 14-Jan-2005, 12:48 PM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rìgh
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Cape Coral, Florida, USA, Planet Earth

male

QUOTE (Shamalama @ 14-Jan-2005, 09:50 AM)
It' taking me +30 seconds for every link I click. Actually it's taking me almost exactly 36 seconds per click. I'm running XP sp2 + Firefox 1.0 and behind a corporate firewall. Very sluggish for me.

I'm going to try from outside the firewall on a dial-up connection and see what I get.

Either way, Thanks Macfive!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Yep. 24 seconds for this page to load on dial-up (at around 47 kbps) and 37 seconds on a T1. Something between you and me is eating all my bits and bytes. furious.gif

Just for fun I timed my jumps around CR.net and I'm running about 5-7secs from clicking link to page complete with both IE6 and Firefox on my ATT dialup, reported connection speed 53.3kbps, running ATT's Accelerator program.

With ATT Accelerator disabled it is taking about 25-30secs for each page to completely download.

--------------------
MacE
AKA
Steve Ewing

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. Job 19:25

"Non sibi sed patriae!"

Reviresco (I grow strong again)
Clan MacEwen motto

Audaciter (Audacity)
My Ewing Family Motto
(descendants of Baron William Ewing of Glasgow, born about 1630)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]