Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

Elspeth?!?!

Oh, it's good to see you again, too!! hug.gif How are things with you?? What's kept you away for so long (or have I just been in the wrong place??)

msncoffecup.gif MSNCAKE.GIF gossip.gif
Okay, I want to hear all the news! Annabelle, you too!

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Elspeth 
Posted: 03-Feb-2006, 08:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

Hey Dreamer, how ya been? I've been busy, life quite bizarre at times. But in a great part being on a modem takes so long to navagate the site that I just haven't had time to keep in touch. cool.gif

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Annabelle 
Posted: 03-Feb-2006, 08:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Hey Girls
It's wonderful to see all of us here tonight!

I am not sure where to start with catching up on? Short or long version?

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 04-Feb-2006, 06:58 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

QUOTE (Annabelle @ 02-Feb-2006, 11:24 PM)
Maybe I should ask the question which ones of you take hormones and pack a gun?

No gun...My voodoo doll works as well!... angel_not.gif

Hello ladies, It's good to see you gals still hangin around and know that you all still among the living! I'm getting ready for two new grandbabies, one this month and next. I've been planning a baby shower along with the other Grandma for the baby that's due in March.

about the hormones...I'm taking black cohosh root, wild yam root, borage oil and flaxseed oil along with my calcium, multi-vitamin and ester C. I no longer have the power surges (hot flashes) that I did. Life is good again...

maggiemahone1

PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 07-Feb-2006, 02:06 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Maggie! Many congrats on your new grandbabies! I am so excited for you!

I took black cohosh for a long time while going through the big M. It really helped me a lot! Glad it is helping you too!

Hello to all and hope yer all doing well.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 07-Feb-2006, 09:30 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (Annabelle @ 02-Feb-2006, 11:24 PM)
Maybe I should ask the question which ones of you take hormones and pack a gun?

Well I pack a gun but DON'T take hormones - how's that?? laugh.gif laugh.gif

I do take Black Cohosh to keep the hot flashes from cooking me alive... no other meds though. I want to get thru this perimenopause stuff as med-free as possible.

Congrats on the impending babies, Maggie! That's sweet. My son is still a newlywed but I hope someday he and his wonderful wife Sarah will have children... they plan to, they tell me, but all of us want them to finish college & get established in their careers first.

Elspeth is back! Isn't that cool!!

SB

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 18-Feb-2006, 12:16 AM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

Ladies, February is Heart Health Month...Check with your local Wal-Marts...for a free screening!

maggiemahone1

Attached Image. (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
sisterknight 
Posted: 22-Feb-2006, 05:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: clarks corner, new brunswick

female

good evening girls.....so what about those hot flashes at inoppertune moments and night sweats???? any real good ideas other than showering off...no drugs for me cool.gif

--------------------
non nobis domine,non nobis sed nomini tua da gloriam.

OKAY, WHAT DID I DO NOW??
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 23-Feb-2006, 04:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Well, if you refuse to take the serious drugs for it like I do, about all that's left is Black Cohosh and suffering thru it all!

I ran out of Black Cohosh last week and didn't get another bottle thinking, ah its not helping that much anyway because I still have flashes and night sweats... but by golly the BC was helping - it was so much worse without it!!! I scooted to the store and got me another bottle right away.

PM               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 24-Feb-2006, 06:48 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

I highly recommend the Black Cohosh too! It got me through my very toughest times. I was not on hormone therapy the whole time. However, I developed another problem that I wish not to discuss on a public forum. For all you women going through the change, feel free to pm me privately! wink.gif
marti64 
  Posted: 24-Feb-2006, 12:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Worcester, Massachusetts

female

Hey ALL!!! THought I'd enter into this converstion...although I am probably 10 years younger than some of you, I have been pre-menopausal for a year now. My mom and grandmom went through menopause in their mid forties, which I am approaching. I have very irregular cycles. I sometimes wonder what is next!!! I can go from cold to hot at the drop of a hat!!!

Just thought I'd add my three cents!!!

Marti rolleyes.gif unsure.gif

--------------------
]AN EXCERPT FROM A POEM THAT I WROTE ON 10/11/07

WE CAN'T CHANGE WHAT WE HAVE DONE....
BUT ONLY TAKE A LESSON FROM EACH EXPERIENCE
AND MAKE THE MOST OF EACH MINUTE THAT WE HAVE LEFT
AND TELL OURELVES THAT IT IS OK TO LIVE, LAUGH AND CRY.....
PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE ALL WORK TOGETHER
TO GIVE US WHAT WE CAN AND SHOULD EXPERIENCE
AND WE NEED TO CHERISH ALL OF THE TIME
THAT WE SPEND WITH OURSELVES AND OTHERS MAKING THE MOST OF THE SPECIAL MEMORIES THAT ARE OURS..
AND THE ONES THAT WE HAVE YET TO CREATE WITH THE PEOPLE THAT WE HAVEN'T MET!!!!![/SIZE]
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 04-Mar-2006, 02:15 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey Marti! Great to have you posting! Thanks for having the courage for just jumping in...not many people do!

Well, I started going through the big M at 40, so did all my 3 sisters. Goodness! I know all too well about that going from cold to hot. Well I should say I go from hot to cold in a drop of a hat! Memory loss is another problem. Anybody else?!

I chose not to go on hormone therapy. I just don't trust estrogen. I have just dealt with it and at times felt like I was going crazy or was really emotional or irrational. Now everyone can understand on here why I have been the way I have been. biggrin.gif

My four cents! rolleyes.gif
marti64 
  Posted: 04-Mar-2006, 04:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Worcester, Massachusetts

female

Thanks Rose, for taking the time to read my post, and for the encourgement. I had a friend that took estrogen when she reched her early forties( she's a few yrs. older than me) and she had a really hard time with it.the way I look at it, it is what we are dealt, and we have to deal with it, regardless.

Take the good with the bad!!!!!

marti
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 04-Mar-2006, 08:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

Hello all!

It's been a while since I posted here. I have not much to add to the Big M so far. I am still young only 34 and my husband John and me are still trying to become parents. So I am hoping I wont' start to early with the Big M.

But I feel for all of you which are having to go through it. I wish I could add some tips or so which would make it easier but alas I don't know any as of yet. sad.gif

I hope you all are doing fine otherwise

Take care!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Vixen 
Posted: 05-Mar-2006, 09:04 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHawthorn

female

Greetings Everyone!

This is my first time posting in here and I just got done with a whopping drive by of 39 pages of the *woman chat* smile.gif Naturally, I have something to say being a woman and all -grins-

I am so happy to be here and excited to see a place for all of us womenfolk to babble incessantly to our hearts content without seeing or dealing with the eye rolling you all know happens with the members of the opposite sex mwaha! I am a classic Gemini who thinks, speaks, writes and does at least 5 things at once...ALL the time, even while sleeping and have been known to pop off with an odd question or two...now my friends will jump right into the conversation and it develops into one of those interesting topics but add a man and you know what happens right? Eye roll, snort, topic ends.

For example - HEY girl...did you ever wonder what man was leaning against a tree with a piece of straw in his mouth and looked upon a cow across the field, targeting said udder and thought to himself..."TASTY, I want some of that!". Now we drink milk? You know it had to be a man! tongue.gif

I have some responses to some of the topics you all have posted...being a 36 year old mother of two, I feel the problem of weight for sure and my friend, bless her heart found the answer!

Weight- My friend and I are on the *hot pocket* diet right now LOL. What she learned by watching her daughter who is 5 is that it isn't what you eat or whether you exercise...it's that you eat when you are hungry. My friend so far has lost 45+ pounds in the last 9 months. I moved in here 2 weeks ago and have lost 12 pounds so far. Both of us are unable for medical reasons, to exercise much if at all...we count going from the computer chairs to the fridge for our pepsi's as our daily routine LOL. So what's the deal?

Her VA doctor asked her how she had lost so much weight (I am talking 5 or 6 sizes in pants here)...she said she watched her daughter *graze*, so she started doing it. She gets up in the morning and when she feels hungry she eats a ham n cheese hot pocket. For lunch when she feels hungry she does the same. Basically, eat when you feel hungry...eat what you want, she eats ice cream, chocolate, hasn't changed any of her diet but she said NEVER eat till you are full, never stuff yourself and ONLY eat until you don't feel hungry then stop. You will eat a lot during the day but your metabolism gets going back to normal. After breakfast and before lunch you will feel slightly hungry, eat one reeses chocolate and you won't feel hungry anymore. Stuff like that. For dinner, we eat...you guessed it! A hot pocket then about 30 minutes later, a klondike bar. Seriously..weight is falling off me!

I have a heart condition that is the same as those kids who fall over on the basketball court with heart attacks...an extra charge in my heartbeat. If I get my heart working too much, I will keel over. So -grins- I drink my coffee and if I paint my nails, I call it my daily exercise ya know? 12 pounds in 2 weeks so far and my friend who hooked me up with the diet...she has had 5 knee surgeries, her feet have been broken in the army and has degenerative discs in her back...exercise is out for her too and she's losing the weight like it's nothing.

Keep your body fed, but don't overdo it. Graze, don't stuff yourself and eat what you want. It should work for you smile.gif. If you are diabetic or have a condition like that of course follow whatever food courses you need to.

Hope that helps!

Sexy Hot Actors?

Ok sue me here

Sean Connery - That man could just sit by the shower and talk to me and I would fall into a pit of my own drool. I would marry that man, run away to a castle and never be heard from again. Who cares if he is older than me? Young'uns have nuttin compared to him.

Anthony Hopkins- He's brilliant, wise, I could talk to this man for years and never learn enough to make me want to send him away. Looks are fleeting but he's got a brain on him....I wish I could absorb him by osmosis...gah!

Patrick Stewart - A brilliant actor, charming accent, and an a$$ that doesn't end in his Captain's outfit in Star Trek. -grins- The things I could do with his lil bald head...but that's another story.

Viggo Mortenson - EVERYBODY loves Legolas...but Aragorn? I about slid off the couch from the drool ladies! I would keep him locked in the closet so no one else could have him! ( I was sorely disappointed in the Perfect Murder with the short blond hair...it did nothing for his cheekbones). He's one sexy man.

Mel Gibson - I don't need to say a thing...-pant-

(I don't care for the youngsters...I went through a stage of dating younger men and realized that I don't need another child. I prefer older, wiser and fun guys...I bet you Anthony Hopkins is a kick in the pants to hang out with! Anyone who saw him on Oprah could catch that from his personality with the phone book thing LOL)

--------------------

Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]