Cailiosa 
Posted: 23-Nov-2003, 10:59 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Western Kentucky

female

I just saw Master and Commander: Far Side of the World last night and I thought it was pretty good. Some parts were a bit confusing, especially during any of the battle scenes and there were a few scenes I was cringing during -- two scenes in particular having to do with the ship's surgeon dealing with battle wounds-- but other than that I was extremely pleased.
I saw the preview for Return of the King and I can't wait until it comes out!

I rented Michael Collins not too long ago. It stars Liam Neeson as Michael Collins, one of the leaders of the 1916 Easter Rising in Ireland. The language was a little sketchy sometimes and it was a bit violent (though not unreasonably so considering the subject matter), but other than that it was a well done film and a nice addition to what I had been learning in my Irish History class.

--------------------
"For man He suffered and He died:
If man will take His word as guide
And leave all infamy,
Then we shall come to happiness
And blisses more than we can guess in Jesu's company."

Check out my journal
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 24-Nov-2003, 01:14 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Annabelle -- what a crack up you are! Your funeral sounds like it would be a fun event to attend! I like that idea!

Richard -- I think I have seen that movie, Skinwalkers. I have so many Native American movies and seen so many, I tend to get them confused. unsure.gif

Cailiosa -- Thanks for your review on Master and Commader. I am not much on going to the theatres so I think I will wait for that one to come out on DVD. However, you WILL find me in the theatre when LOTR, ROTK comes out. rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Therasa 
Posted: 27-Nov-2003, 06:58 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacOak

female

Movies??? I watch so many movies I really want a job rating them. I think I could do a pretty good job. Although my parents would disagree. Case in point- Death to smoochie.....I loved it. My dad gave me a funny look and asked me not to rent for them again. wink.gif

Let's see, Ronin...love it. Had to buy it. I have watched it a couple of times. I like the fact that Skip Sudduth is also on one of my fave tv shows-third watch. Lord of the rings...must I say more? wub.gif

The craft, also another one I had to buy. It's actually a pretty good movie, I was sceptical when I had seen the previews. I thought it would be cheesy, but it was well done. How about anger management? I actually thought it was pretty good...I think about a 3 out of 5. There was something missing. But it was good.
Now, I don't really like Adam Sandler much, but if you want to watch something that is just plain silly, I like 8 crazy nights. So did my boys. They quote it alot...especially the 'it's o.k. son you got nice boobs.' jester.gif

Here's a few of my faves:

Labrynth
Meet me in St Louis
Gone with the wind
Abbott and Costello (all especially the baseball show)
Ransom
Pirates of the Caribbean
Lost boys
Karate kid (all)
Sweet sixteen
st elmos fire
breakfast club
(oh my lord, can you tell I grew up in the 80's) partytime.gif
Annie
Horatio Hornblower
Pride and Predjudice (all the movies of hers)
those fabulous baker boys
young guns

Just to name a few. I have a medical problem that keeps me from moving alot of the time so I really have too much time on my hands. But hey, fill the time with some of these cuties and it's all o.k. angel_not.gif

--------------------
Therasa

Sweet kisses after death, are remembered
Sweet smiles after death, are recalled
Sweet voices after death, are silent
Sweet love after death, after all.

PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 27-Nov-2003, 03:04 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Therasa! Nice to see you on the site here. Hope you enjoy it here. I, too, have a medical problem that keeps me from doing too much too. However, I am like you in that I watch a lot of movies.

Have you or anyone seen About Schmidt? To me that was one of the most hilarious films I have seen in a long time. Had to buy it! I highly recommend it. Jack Nicholson being one of my favorite actors does his best at comedy, I think. I also have Anger Management and As Good As It Gets.
Therasa 
Posted: 28-Nov-2003, 04:29 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacOak

female

I HAVE FOUND MY TWIN!!! It's Rose..... tongue.gif

I love Jack Nicholson he's a little hottie. w00t2.gif

Like my reading I do like to watch alot of period movies and shows. But give me a good laugh and I will watch that movie over and over. I loved Anger management, parents hated it. As good as it gets, loved it. What about the Green Mile. I know it's old now, but I have to say that was one heck of a movie. One of my boys was picking the movie for us to watch the other night, so I let him do it without my influence (this time). And you will not believe what he picked....The bridge over the river kwai. I thought he was gonna pluck his eyes out. But, he sat through it and could tell me about it when it was over, he'll never make the mistake of picking one of my movies again. LOL laugh.gif

What about westerns? What westerns have or do you watch? (if any) And what western actor/actresses do you like? New or old?

Scott Barstow- I liked him in the t.v. version of lonesome dove ( I have the video set but neither boy will watch it with me, although they did watch Titanic and gone with the wind)

I love anything with John wayne, and oh my goodness, the guy that played charles ingles on little house on the prarie. Him too. I also love Elvis.... cool2.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 28-Nov-2003, 03:14 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

laugh.gif laugh.gif WE're twins, eh? I just love anything Jack Nicholson does. I think he is sexy and an excellent actor.

I love Period movies. Those are my favorites. I have watched The Green Mile and loved it! Thought it was outstanding! Have not seen the movie The Bridge of the River Kwai. Did you like it?

I love Westerns, mostly if they have Native Americans in it. I own a ton of Native American movies. I traveled with the Indians on the powwow circuit for three and a half years. Loved it! It is amazing now very similair their beliefs and the ancient Celts are. Western actors? Well I like new actors like Tom Selleck, Kevin Costner. Loved the movie, Tombstone! I loved Val Kilmer in it.

But there is one western film that is coming out in April next year called The Alamo! I am really anxious to see that move as it will have many good actors such as Billy Bob Thornton, Dennis Quaid and my favorite actor: Jason Patric. I am not a big John Wayne fan. Nor do I care that much for Elvis.....sorry. sad.gif
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 28-Nov-2003, 03:21 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAsh

male

QUOTE (CelticRose @ Nov 28 2003, 04:14 PM)
I am not a big John Wayne fan. Nor do I care that much for Elvis.....sorry. sad.gif

Celtic Rose,

I do like John Wayne but the only movie I like with Elvis was "Flaming Star"

We all have our different tastes.

I love Westerns too. I always wind up rooting for the Indians. thumbs_up.gif wink.gif

--------------------
May your days be filled with Merriment and May you walk in Balance with Creator.

"For every day you fish, you live another day"
PMEmail Poster                
Mailagnas maqqas Dunaidonas 
Posted: 28-Nov-2003, 03:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

male

Last night I finished Thanksgiving Day by taking my family to Timeline, the new sword flick based on the Crichton novel. I thought it was far more entertaining than some of the reviews had indicated. According to my 13-year-old, it was "awesome." My 17-year-old daughter thought it was extemely cool that there were two strong females--Kate and Lady Claire--who found time for both heroics and romance. It was kind of interesting how some folks of Scots ancestry traveled back in time to help the good guy French beat the villainous English. Those who enjoy a blend of fantasy, science fiction, and good old-fashioned swordpay might want to check it out.

--------------------
Síochán leat,
Mailagnas
Clan Donald USA
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 28-Nov-2003, 04:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

This weekend, I may go see "Bad Santa", with Billy Bob Thornton and Bernie Mac. That looks hysterical.

BTW, is it me, or does "Bad Santa" sound like a title that should be available at the nearest adult bookshop biggrin.gif ?

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
MDF3530 
  Posted: 28-Nov-2003, 04:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

QUOTE (Mailagnas maqqas Dunaidonas @ Nov 28 2003, 03:25 PM)
Last night I finished Thanksgiving Day by taking my family to Timeline, the new sword flick based on the Crichton novel. I thought it was far more entertaining than some of the reviews had indicated. According to my 13-year-old, it was "awesome." My 17-year-old daughter thought it was extemely cool that there were two strong females--Kate and Lady Claire--who found time for both heroics and romance. It was kind of interesting how some folks of Scots ancestry traveled back in time to help the good guy French beat the villainous English. Those who enjoy a blend of fantasy, science fiction, and good old-fashioned swordpay might want to check it out.

I bet neither of your daughters minded looking at Paul Walker either.

IMHO, Paul Walker must've been injected with tree DNA and it went straight to his acting ability.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 28-Nov-2003, 04:19 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (Mailagnas maqqas Dunaidonas @ Nov 28 2003, 04:25 PM)

Mailagnus! You went to see Timeline??????????! Oh I can't wait to see it! I was hoping that it would be good. I love Period films and this was kind of different and so I was anxious to hear if anybody had seen it yet. Thanks for sharing! smile.gif

MDF! I have not seen Fast and the Furious, so I am not really familiar with Paul Walker nor his acting ability. What you said was funny though. Should be interesting! smile.gif
Annabelle 
Posted: 29-Nov-2003, 05:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Last night we sat and watched "The In-Laws" with Michael Douglas...it was so funny. I had my future daughter-In-Law here with us and she asked if we were going to be as bad as Michael Douglas was in the movie...we smiled and said"we can't make any promises".But it was a good movie. Worth seeing.

Annabelle

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 30-Nov-2003, 01:00 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Well we watched two movies tonight. Gods and Generals with Robert Duval, Stephen Lang and Jeff Daniels. It is a civil war movie, mainly fought in Virginia and about the many Generals that fought in the war, most specifically General "Stonewall" Jackson and Robert E Lee. It was a very moving film and very sad. It is the first film to a trilogy. I would highly recommend this film to anyone who is interested in civil war history.

Also watched a movie called Georgia with Jennifer Jason Leigh (love her) and Mare Winningham. Both are sisters and both are singers. One can sing and is rich and famous. the other sister cannot sing her way out of a paperbag, but wants desperately to be like her sister. Very good film about wanting a dream so bad you can taste it, even if it means risking it all.

Annabelle, rented "The In-laws" but haven't seen it yet. Looking forward to seeing that one.
Arianrhod 
Posted: 30-Nov-2003, 07:36 AM
Quote Post

Lady of Starlight and Petal

ZodiacVine

Realm: Barony-Marche of the Debatable Lands

female

Watched a reel oldie from my archives last night...
Rebecca.. Hitchcock... I love that movie smile.gif
Anyone else ever see it ?

Then we watched Mystic Pizza , not quite as old..

Great chick flicks !

In Service to the Dream,
Paula

--------------------
Proud member of Clan Mac Roni , CEO of The KDC

The curve is mightier than the sword ...

"He's twitching, because ,
mah axe is embedded in
his nervious system " !
LOTR
PMEmail Poster               
Celeste of the Stars1 
Posted: 30-Nov-2003, 08:30 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (Aaediwen @ Nov 13 2003, 07:02 PM)
Blasing Saddles
Ok, I like Mel Brooks, but this could have been better. Spaceballs it certainly ain't! It has it's moments, and I'm not going to run from it. but I doubt I'll be in any hurry to see it again either

OK first of all AAed you and I are going to fight! biggrin.gif How can you say all these mean things about Blazing Saddles! I love this movie!!! note.gif I'm so tired, sick and tired of love. note.gif OK I'm done ranting!! Still love me? biggrin.gif

Anyways I saw the best movie of all times yesterday. Young Frankenstien. "roll, roll, roll in za hay"

--------------------
Have a day!

Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
Blessed Be,
*Celeste of the Stars*

"Always shoot for the moon that way if you miss you'll always land among the stars"

'An it harm non do what you will'
PMEmail Poster                
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]