Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Are You Doing What You Really Want To?, If Not What Are You Doing To Start?
Kassia 
Posted: 26-Jun-2004, 10:41 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

female

What a wonderfully diverse bunch of people!!
I am on my third career, I suppose you could say. When we first got married, I worked as a cashier in retail, and at a s&l for about 6 years.
When we could afford to start a family, that became my new full time job by default. I had some nerve damage to my legs during my first son's delivery, fell and broke my arm while trying to get up to the potty in the hospital.
Ended up spending the next 13 years at home with three boys which was a delight.
As they grew older, and Clinton eliminated my husband's pay billet with the US Navy Reserve, I got a part-time job as a page in a children's dept of the local library.
Long story short, I loved it , and went on to get my masters at age 45.
I get to work with kids, read lots of great books, do crafts with the kids, book programs,get creative with wall displays, etc.
never know where you will end up.... tongue.gif

would like to paint and write books someday. maybe my next career...

--------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read--Groucho Marx
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 27-Jun-2004, 05:06 AM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

QUOTE (TheCarolinaScotsman @ 26-Jun-2004, 08:20 PM)
Still haven't decided what I want to be when I grow up (I was only born in 1951). Have been a darkroom tech, oiler in a rock quarry, lithographer, baker, salesman, auto sound system installer, brick kiln fireman, environmental tech, computer tech support and a few other odds and ends. Raised two sons (one's a chemical engineer other one's a theater techie). All the stray dogs and cats around think I run an animal shelter. Was a Boy Scout leader for a few years. And oh yeah... many years ago was a Scottish heavy athlete.

If any of you have ideas as to what I should be, let me know.

Definitely a cowboy in Wyoming......Or a circus clown.....Wait! I don't know what I want to be either... unsure.gif

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]