Posted: 08-Dec-2003, 08:07 PM
Quote Post

Lady of Starlight and Petal

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Barony-Marche of the Debatable Lands

female

Rosemary ..
Yes I keep" Green eyeshadow should be Outlawed", and" Don't go to the Cosmetics counter with out me" in my desk at work..
I find her well informed and halarious !

Plus I need the back up when I tell someone that Lancome and Lorelle are the same thing... women love to spend more money than they have to, on some make up....

As for Theater.. there may be some dinner theater your not even aware of..
I was stunned when I saw as many as I did in my own home town !

You got me thinking about the spelling Rosemary, I called a friend of mine , from CEDISCO , she cleared it up for me smile.gif

In Service to the Dream,
Paula

--------------------
Proud member of Clan Mac Roni , CEO of The KDC

The curve is mightier than the sword ...

"He's twitching, because ,
mah axe is embedded in
his nervious system " !
LOTR
PMEmail Poster               
Raven 
Posted: 08-Dec-2003, 08:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

Here are a couple of other examples of my photo editing. This first is the very first Album cover that I ever designed

Attached Image. (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)

--------------------
He is no fool who gives up that which he can not keep to gain that which he cannot loose

www.arminta.net
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 08-Dec-2003, 09:03 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Elspeth! Thank you. I am glad to have been of service! wink.gif

Paula! I have several of her P. Begoun's books and find her so amazingly knowledgeable and hilarious too. She was on television a few weeks ago and I was like so excited! I know what you mean about products being made from the same company. And one time I did something really bad. I had this customer who was complaining about the price of Merle Norman's moisturizer with retinol in it. So I told her to go get the Neutrogena Healthy Skin with retinal and that it did the same thing for 1/3 of the price! Aren't I bad? Probably why I got reduced to cleaning the salon! laugh.gif I just can't see spending that much money on make-up when the cheaper versions do the same thing! I don't know, may La Mer is worth it! rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 08-Dec-2003, 09:05 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Raven! That is phenomenal! I love it! I always thought I would have liked to do album covers way back when. Are you still doing them?
Raven 
Posted: 08-Dec-2003, 09:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

male

Hi Rose

Thank you for the nice words. I didn't coment on your last peice but I have loved everything that you have posted the artistry is great and the style is simply a comfort to me. I love it. I have always loved the Southwest and may end up living their again if the proper events transpire.

I am and I'm not.

This is the second one that I did for our Still Waters CD. I took this picture from interstate 80 in California in the Sierra Nevadas. I believe it is was Donner Lake before I manipulated it. biggrin.gif I'm going to post the inside just because I was real proud of being able to show a reflection of the "Orb of Lily" in the lake water.

I have a good friend who also does graphic design and was Arminta and my room mate for about a year that never seems to like my work (that is just his way and I love him in spite of that tongue.gif ) But he designed our Dream Walk CD and I have to admit that it is much different and better than I would have done myself.

Our next CD we are trying to make look more representative of the Celtic in what we do so I am debating whether to let him do another (he doesn't like time tables that's how I ended up doing the Still Waters Cover rolleyes.gif ) but he wants to do the next one and he really does like to help us. I've always been suspicious that this is why he is so critical of my artwork smile.gif plus it helps to keep me humble.

I enjoy creating visual art even if I am only manipulating photos for the most part. When I get a good Digital camera I will probably do a lot more on the photography end. I have taken 1000's of shots with my 35 mil in the past and really enjoy creative photography. (my wife helps out with color balance as I am terribly color blind) The print is a little funky on these and not as it actually appeared on our CD. I just realized this and am going to have to make sure I fix that in the near future as we sold that entire run are going to have to print them ourselves but you can get the idea smile.gif

I thought I was just weird for a long time and then I discovered that I am artistic in addition biggrin.gif

Mikel

Raven 
Posted: 08-Dec-2003, 09:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

male

Here is the back cover. I forgot to mention that my freind Nancy did the band member photos and my friend Ray who I mentioned before designed the Orb of Lily of which I am now the keeper

Also I wanted to mention that if you still want to do an album cover Rose it is not to late. In fact there is more opportunity for this than ever and you certainly have the skills. Much more so than myself. I see your work as much more inviting than my own which seems to come out cold and dark in most cases.

Peace

Mikel

CelticRoz 
Posted: 08-Dec-2003, 10:13 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Mike! Thanks for sharing! Very very beautiful work. You say you are "just manipulating photos" but that requires artistic creativity too. Very nice work. I can relate to the criticism of artwork. My hubby is very critical of mine. If he doesn't like something he will outright say it! Hurts sometiimes but he keeps me humble too. He is not an artist but an avid art lover and collects art himself, so he has a strong opinion of what he likes! tongue.gif biggrin.gif

Well I did some album covers in art school, but they were just for assignments. However, I got to thinking. I did do an album cover for a Native American flute player about 10 years ago. It was a portrait of him playing the flute. He kept the original painting for himself, after paying me of course! wink.gif But that is the only one I have done. Was neat to see my name on there though. Thanks again, Mike!
oldraven 
Posted: 09-Dec-2003, 06:18 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

Here's one for the season. king.gif

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 09-Dec-2003, 08:26 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Very very nice oldraven! thumbs_up.gif
Elspeth 
Posted: 09-Dec-2003, 08:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

Very beautiful oldraven. I liked it alot. Reminded me of the old unique ornaments we had when I was young.

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
oldraven 
Posted: 09-Dec-2003, 10:02 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

Thank you, good ladies. smile.gif

I know what you mean Elspeth. My mother always had these ancheint bulbs that she's had since she was a kid, and no one made them for ages. Last year was Angela and my first Christmas in our house, so we got to get a tree finally. Spent a lot of cash on Christmas decorations, but it's all good. Anyway, while checking out the offerings at WalMart, we found a whole wall of these things. All different colours and designs, but those classic bulbs just the same. They even had the long icicle ones made of glass.

I was quite excited.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 09-Dec-2003, 10:18 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

I bet that was exciting oldraven. Haven't seen those long icycle ones in years! My gosh you even have a Wal-Mart up there in Nova Scotia? That store has made its rounds! One of my neices works for the BIG Wal-mart office in Arkansas.

My tree is mostly decorated with ornaments that friends and family have made for me over the years. That has been very special too. smile.gif
oldraven 
Posted: 10-Dec-2003, 09:05 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

Damn. We've got Wal-Marts all over this country. One or two in every town, and about six in Edmonton. They're like a disease. Spreading as fast as MacDonalds.

Ikea, that is the way of the future. tongue.gif

nice work Rider. The trees on the second one are wacked out. I could spend all day under a tree like that. Reminds me of Xanth though, so bad things have probably set up camp under there already.
PMEmail Poster               
Danann 
Posted: 10-Dec-2003, 12:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Alabama

female

Here's one of my "mixed medium" pieces. I made the warrior to look like one of my characters in my writings, and the woods is a photograph I took outside my parent's place. Enjoy!

--------------------
So, I have an new site that is pretty neat, Check out Dannah's Home Page

Also, for original storys or thoughts from me, check out my blog: Dannah's Blog
PMEmail Poster               
Danann 
Posted: 10-Dec-2003, 12:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Alabama

female

Here's another of my "mixed mediums". Again a character from my writings, she's a warrior as well, and one that is as close to me as it gets... excelt the nose ring.

PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]