Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Do You Think Children Should Be Handcuffed?

Do you think that children should be handcuffed when being unruly?
Yes. [ 16 ]  [84.21%]
No. [ 3 ]  [15.79%]
Total Votes: 19
Guests cannot vote 
urian 
Posted on 27-Apr-2005, 09:51 PM
Quote Post

heretic. lurker in the shadows
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Texas

male

QUOTE (Rindy1202 @ 27-Apr-2005, 10:40 PM)
QUOTE (urian @ 27-Apr-2005, 09:04 PM)
AMEN!

I think that its a situantional thing. The question can't' be answered with a simple yes or no.
If its just a child acting up like some do in school. then no.
But, if it is like the florida girl or some child (when I say child I am refering to anyone in school even the 15-17 year olds) fighting or being destructive then yes, handcuff them and beat the parents.

What more kids(and parents) need these days is a nice ,swift swat in the rear

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

What parents huh? Most parents are too busy with their own lives..CRAZY world out there..

Slainte

You should never be too busy to be involved in your children's lives. I learned this the hard way. I spent too many years of Logan's young life climbing the corporate ladder when I should have been playing with him. Too many nights working when I should have been tucking him in. Too many weekends at work instead of the zoo.
Too many people have kids these days and seem to rely on everyone else to raise them. Grandparents, teachers, clergy are all expected to raise kids when it is the parent's duty to do so. They brought them into this world and it is their obligation to insure that their offspring are raised, taught the proper morals and ehtics, nutured and disciplined. It is too often these days that parents say" I just dont have time." Thats a load of BS. Put down the remote, your work, the PC, the bottle, whatever and pick up your kids or a glove or a book..something. Be a friggin parent.
It doesnt take a village to raise a child..it takes PARENTS! Thats whats wrong (ok..one of many things) with this world..too many people not taking responsibility for their failure as parents or even bothering with their kids to begin with.
IF this (or any) generation fails it is on the heads of the parents who neglected them or half-assed raised them.
Forget scheduling your child's day from waking til sleep. forget "play dates" and 18 hours of scheduled events just to get them out of your hair. Forget what you've read from childless "experts" about how to raise a kid. Just Love, teach , show by action and example, and (when needed) discipline your kids. Or this world is going to go further down the pooper.

There is NEVER a time that is too hectic for your kids. If there is..you dont need them.

I will stop before I get on my soap box..
there is always time for your kids

--------------------
'Dying for being different is still better than living as a Sheep'-anon
PMEmail Poster               
Athdara 
Posted on 28-Apr-2005, 02:28 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHazel

female

[del by user]

This post has been edited by Athdara on 27-Nov-2016, 04:35 PM

--------------------
~Athdara the Bold
PMEmail Poster               
Celticman 
Posted on 29-Apr-2005, 10:10 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Albany, Oregon

male

I'm probably going to ruffle a few feathers with this comment...but, the truth often ruffles feathers.

What we are witnessing is the sad result of parents being stripped of their right (and, I dare say, duty) to discipline their children; liberalism run rampant. Parents have been threatened with jail if they discipline their children, so what are they to do? In my day a good swat on the butt was all that was necessary to get my attention the first time. Then, all that was necessry to keep me on the right path was the knowledge that I would have to suffer the consequences of my actions if I did something wrong (and, there is the operative phrase "my actions").

Since parents do not have the authority to discipline their children and school teachers do not have the authority to maintain discipline in their class rooms, what are they to do? Well, they are left with no alternative but to call law enforcement to deal with a problem. And, as I read in an earlier post, law enforcement, regardless of the situation, are required to handcuff ANY subject in their custody (for the officers protection as well as the subjects protection).

unfortunatly, with liberalism comes lack of personal responsibility. We must get back to a place where people (children and adults alike) are held accountable for their actions.

Any wonder why the public school system is in such terrible shape? It's an easy conclusion to arrive at; no discipline at home or in school.

--------------------
----------------------------------------------------
Cha bi neoni lathair gun seorsainn
----
Nothing of value can survive without freedom
----------------------------------------------------
PMEmail Poster               
erickbloodax 
Posted on 29-Apr-2005, 12:54 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Arizona

male

Well, I've got bad news for you, and then its really going to go down hill.

The bad news is, as a cop there are only a few options open for us. Do we want to handcuff a five year old? NO! Will we? YES. Once I show up everything is going to be my fault, either by action or inaction. Handcuff a five year old, you brute. The five year old managed to hurt herself? Well why didn't you restrain her?

Now, for those of you wondering where we are going and what are we doing in this handbasket, I will tell you; the mother will get a settlement from whoever underwrites the school. The dirty secret is that it will be cheeper to pay her off than take her to court. The mother knows this, the bottom feeding lawyers know this, and now the five year old will know this. mad1.gif

--------------------
If you don't come back muddy and bloody, you didn't have a good time.
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted on 29-Apr-2005, 09:14 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Yes, I do agree with you. I think if law inforcements are called in its time for the cuffs. Every situation is different and you darn sure don't want to be held liable for the person who hurt him/herself because you didn't cuff him.
It is so sad out there. When I was a child the law was never involved now the need for officers is double. I just don't see it working for the children of the future. Cheaper too for THEM to go to prison than to go to work and be something. Whats wrong with that picture. Pretty bleak..
Sorry if I have offended anyone but this is in my opinion. What happened to growing up and being a doctor or whatever is a good example now a days. Now it is I can sell drugs and make more money than go to work...which I am affraid is the truth..

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]