WolfmanJack 
Posted: 21-Aug-2011, 08:48 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Roaming the Forests of Northern Wisconsin

male

I am a descendant of James Stewart, fourth son of Alexander Stewart, known as the "Wolf of Badenoch." In The heraldry of the Stewarts, with Notes on All the Males of the Family, Descriptions of the Arms, Plates and Pedigrees, by George Harvey Johnston, James' arms are described as "recorded by Grant of Rothiemurchus in 1755 as Gold, a fess chequy blue and silver, between three black wolves heads couped, (Lyon Register. Plate III., Fog. 39."

I do not have access to the original of Johnston's book, nor an original of the Lyon Register. Can anyone help me determine what these arms would look like?
PMEmail Poster               
Eimhir 
Posted: 10-Oct-2011, 08:32 PM
Quote Post

Servant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

Realm: The Arkansas Ozarks

female

Wolfman,

Here is a link to a Wiki article with info about the Stewart Clan. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clan_Stewart

It is a Wiki article, so use it only as a basis for investigation.

You can go to Scotlands People at http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/ to view Coats of Arms. However, from what I saw (just a quick glance) the ones there only date back to the 17th century.

There are several websites that will have your Clan Crest. This website may be one of them. Check out the store.

I do hope you find what you are looking for (I am sure you will). If I had a picture, I would post it here. I am descended from Alexander's brother Robert III. If I come across any information for you, I will post it.

The best to ye!

--------------------
user posted image

Aw the wit i the warld's no in ae pow
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]