Posted: 07-Dec-2006, 08:47 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Sunny Sunnyvale, CA

male

QUOTE (zeryx @ 07-Dec-2006, 12:05 AM)
So far I've got about £145 worth of sponsorship, a great start but I've still have a way to go smile.gif

Hello Lynda!

You've sparked a thought in me this morning - is there any way someone in the States could also sponsor you? I'd be willing to, if there was a method of payment that could be accepted.

Please let me know. smile.gif

--------------------
Best cheers! Robbie
PMEmail Poster               
zeryx 
Posted: 07-Dec-2006, 05:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Dunfermline ~ Scotland

female

Hi Robbie smile.gif thank you for asking hug.gif I've got a friend in the US and she's found the easiest way to send me money is by transferring it into my bank, but I'm not sure if she's doing it from her US or UK bank account ... I'll ask her.

--------------------
user posted image

Friends are like quiet angels who lift our feet when our wings forget how to fly
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
zeryx 
Posted: 15-Dec-2006, 01:51 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

female

rolleyes.gif well - it's been booked for the weekend of 17/18 February 2007 - I'll probably do mine on 17th unsure.gif

Muircheartach my friend actually transferred money from her UK account to me but says that it is also possible to transfer money into a UK account from a US bank and that anyone wishing to do so would need to speak to their bank to find out more.
Muircheartach 
Posted: 15-Dec-2006, 08:49 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

male

QUOTE (zeryx @ 15-Dec-2006, 12:51 AM)
Muircheartach, my friend actually transferred money from her UK account to me but says that it is also possible to transfer money into a UK account from a US bank and that anyone wishing to do so would need to speak to their bank to find out more.

Hello Lynda!

Thank you for letting me know - I'll approach my bank and find out how to do this.

Alternatively, do you think there is any way to pay with PayPal? I have purchased a few things from the UK (I currently have a front fender for my R100GS coming from Scotland) and found that there are quite a few people who have setup PayPal accounts in "your neck of the woods". Just curious...

Have a wonderful weekend!
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 15-Dec-2006, 01:57 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Good luck Lynda it still sounds pretty scary to me. I wouldn't blame ya a bit for backing out. I hope you will let us know how much you raised. That is so cool to do.. I am glad to hear you have a instructor with you- It will be fine....brave woman you are....

Slainte thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail Poster               
zeryx 
Posted: 19-Dec-2006, 01:36 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

female

brave or just plain mad Rindy! wink.gif Thanks for your good wishes smile.gif

I'm not sure how Justgiving works for overseas members - but I have created a page on there (new photo pending)

http://www.justgiving.com/zeryxl
Antonio 
  Posted: 20-Dec-2006, 12:34 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Tracy, California U.S.A.

male

zeryx, what a wonderful cause to raise money for. And you get to do something so exciting!! hope you raise mounds of money. Have fun and enjoy the view.

Antonio

--------------------
Semper Fi

"If a man has found nothing he's willing to die for, he is not ready to live"

DISCIPLINE MUST BE A HABIT SO INGRAINED THAT IT IS STRONGER THAN THE EXCITEMENT OF BATTLE OR THE FEAR OF DEATH.
General George S. Patton

Laws that forbid the carrying of firearms, disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assulted, and better for the assailants. They serve rather to encourge, than to prevent homicides. For an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

Thomas Jefferson
PMEmail Poster               
Muircheartach 
  Posted: 20-Dec-2006, 09:01 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

male

QUOTE (zeryx @ 19-Dec-2006, 12:36 AM)
brave or just plain mad Rindy! wink.gif Thanks for your good wishes smile.gif

I'm not sure how Justgiving works for overseas members - but I have created a page on there (new photo pending)

http://www.justgiving.com/zeryxl

Hello Lynda!

Just to let you and everyone who would like to contribute to your worthy effort know, the fundraising site you're using works for those of us in the States! I hope that I made a little difference! tongue.gif For anyone in the UK, you have the additional "blessing" of having 28% of the taxable amount given to Justgiving as well - with no additional cost to the donor!

I hope that more people use Justgiving - it is sooooo easy! biggrin.gif

Blessings on your day!
PMEmail Poster               
zeryx 
Posted: 20-Dec-2006, 10:59 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

female

hug.gif Thank you so much for your sponsorship Robbie - that is extremely generous of you kiss2.gif
zeryx 
Posted: 30-Jan-2007, 03:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

female

Well - I can't believe how fast this has come round - the jump is 2 weeks on Saturday!!! YIKES - it only hit me today how close it is ... and I'm really starting to feel nervous :S
Muircheartach 
  Posted: 30-Jan-2007, 04:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

male

Hi Lynda,

Yes, time does seem to move too quickly when something big is about to happen, but you'll do great - I know you will! thumbs_up.gif

Besides, you're my new hero - and I know that God will be with you all the way up and all the way down - to a safe, gentle landing! Who knows, you might like it so much that you will want to do it again - stranger things have happened wink.gif

You're in my prayers, just as everyone will be on that day - you're doing such a brave thing for such a good cause. I certainly hope that the media covers it - I'll be sure to look around the BBC or if possible, let me know what Scottish news services are covering it and I'll try to find pictures.

God bless you with peace!
PMEmail Poster               
zeryx 
Posted: 30-Jan-2007, 05:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

female

Awww you're so sweet! hug.gif kiss2.gif thank you Robbie

As far as I'm aware it's only being covered by my employer's in-house magazine (a government body, so it's certainly not localised in my area!) and my family and friends. My friend, Talie, is coming over from Glasgow and has told me she's got a new memory card to store all the photos she'll be taking rolleyes.gif , I got a new digital camera for Christmas and I'm sure that'll be in attendance with someone too - so I'll have plenty of photos to show you all!

Alzheimer Scotland who I am jumping in support of have sent me a lovely t-shirt to wear on the day with their logo on biggrin.gif and my fundraising is going well
Muircheartach 
  Posted: 30-Jan-2007, 05:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

male

QUOTE (zeryx @ 30-Jan-2007, 04:31 PM)
I got a new digital camera for Christmas and I'm sure that'll be in attendance with someone too - so I'll have plenty of photos to show you all!

I'll be sure to save all the pictures you post - it's a great idea and who knows, perhaps I could contact several local charities and sky diving clubs to see if anyone is interested in doing what you're doing! I've never seen that done where I live - it really looks like a great way to raise funds!

BTW - congratulations on raising 80% of your amount so far - that's awesome! thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail Poster               
zeryx 
Posted: 31-Jan-2007, 01:24 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

female

It isn't that uncommen over here to have people doing this for charity - here's the webpage of the place I'm doing it with http://www.ukskydiving.co.uk/CharityJumps.html

As we're doing it as a group from work and it's being organised by one of the members of the club we're not having to raise that much before jumping, we only had to raise £175 before the charity benefits smile.gif
zeryx 
Posted: 02-Feb-2007, 02:05 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

female

Just a quick update - we've been told today that we've been triple booked by the airfield on the 17th sad.gif that means the jump will now be in March, not in two weeks ... I'll let you know the new date as soon as I have it smile.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]