Posted: 11-Aug-2008, 05:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

Hello CR technical support,

I don't know what it is but all day even at work when I try to go from a forum to another the pages freezes nothing is moving can even press anything.

Does this happened to any of you? Or I'm going nuts wacko.gif

LOA

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 11-Aug-2008, 08:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
254,573 Gold!

We are not experiencing anthing like this, but we would be interested in hearing from others.

Does this happen during certain times of the day?

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Patch 
Posted: 12-Aug-2008, 05:52 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

QUOTE (Lady of Avalon @ 11-Aug-2008, 07:18 PM)
Hello CR technical support,

I don't know what it is but all day even at work when I try to go from a forum to another the pages freezes nothing is moving can even press anything.

Does this happened to any of you? Or I'm going nuts wacko.gif

LOA

I am having the same thing occasionally.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 12-Aug-2008, 06:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
254,573 Gold!

Does it happens once, and then the rest of the page loads are faster? And does it happen at certain times of the day.

Not sure if this is a 1) bandwidth issue, 2) CPU server processing issue or 3) just a congestion issue outside of Celtic Radio.

Any details would be much appreciated.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Camac
Posted: 12-Aug-2008, 06:14 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Whtat Happened? Down for 11 hours..

Camac.

LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 12-Aug-2008, 07:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (CelticRadio @ 11-Aug-2008, 10:22 PM)
We are not experiencing anthing like this, but we would be interested in hearing from others.

Does this happen during certain times of the day?

Hi Paul,
It just happened again in the "Health Matters" forum in the topic "Alzeimer's" as I double click on the thread it just froze up and nothing was working and with my arrow I tried to click on the top left arrow to go back and nothing and then woops the page finally shows up.

If I may, I talked about that problem to one friend that is in the computer field because at work there is always a window popping out when i try to just look at the CR homepage with a "java error" message and been told that it is probably this site that maybe needs fixing or updating javascript.

And I have this problem here only on the forum in the historical archives not the other forums...weird.At work I'm operating with Window 2000 and at home Window XP so I don't know if it makes any difference.

LOA
PM My Photo Album               
subhuman 
Posted: 13-Aug-2008, 02:23 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacWillow

Realm: 127.0.0.1

male

LOA, between the mysterious locked ice cream thread and now you're getting a java console error, I'm inclined to think there may be a problem on your end.

"java error" message and been told that it is probably this site that maybe needs fixing or updating javascript.

Despite the similar names, Java and Javascript are not at all related- except for both being object-oriented languages based loosely on C syntax.
Java and Javascript are both executed on the remote computer (yours) so CR doing updates would have no effect on that error you're getting.

What version of Java do you have installed?
What browser are you using?

--------------------
I have two modes: wiseass and dumbass. Mode is determined by current blood alcohol level.

Drinking is a sport. In order to be competitive, you must practice on a regular basis. Although you can practice alone, it is much more fun to practice with friends. If you're out of shape and practice too hard, you will regret it the next day.

Life is a disease. It is sexually transmitted and always terminal.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 13-Aug-2008, 06:36 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
254,573 Gold!

I'll be addressing the closed topic issues in another post.

The issues with the page freezes and java or javascript errors are definitely not related to Celtic Radio. This might be something on the individuals computer such as a firewall or other security protection.

Also, if you are viewing from a work/corporate network then they have alot of protection to prevent pop-ups and advertisements.

Our advertisement and popups are harmless and only point to our sponsors websites.
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 13-Aug-2008, 07:09 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (subhuman @ 13-Aug-2008, 04:23 AM)
LOA, between the mysterious locked ice cream thread and now you're getting a java console error, I'm inclined to think there may be a problem on your end.

Despite the similar names, Java and Javascript are not at all related- except for both being object-oriented languages based loosely on C syntax.
Java and Javascript are both executed on the remote computer (yours) so CR doing updates would have no effect on that error you're getting.

What version of Java do you have installed?
What browser are you using?

subhuman,

As for the mysterious locked thread is concern, I am not the only one experiencing this problem. Others had the same problem and it's always after or before the site come down all of a sudden for a long period. The last crash was proof enough because there was a lot of locked thread.

As for my computer Java or Javascript error messages that I get are not from my personal computer but my work place and I know why,like I said to Paul my corporation restraint us access unfortunately.I was quite surprise the last 2 weeks to be able to have access without these window popping up and able as well to listen to the music but now I can't anymore.

If you read a bit further up I think Patch posted that he encountered the same problem as I that the pages freezes from time to time.

Thanks all, I don't want to be a burden for anybody and certainly don't want to offend, so next time I'll just keep these quiet.

LOA
PM My Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 13-Aug-2008, 07:50 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
254,573 Gold!

No problem at all. We like to discuss any issues with the site so we can make it better.

I agree we had an issue when our database was corrupt a few months back. Some topics where locked down. If anyone runs across a locked topic, please let us know ASAP so we can examine it and determine if it is the system continuing to randomly lock topics.

I seriously doubt that is the issue. There are many things it could be. Severely cached webpages may not update and you are looking at an older version of the page. That might be why one member sees the topic as open and the other as closed.

Issues with page freezes might be related to too many people accessing the database at the same time. Solution, we get a more powerful CPU for the server.

The Javascript and Java errors would definitely be related to something on your computer. Maybe you need an update of some nature, you can also download the latest version of java, etc.

I appreciate you Lady bringing these issues up for us to discuss. Let me know if there is anything else we can do.

Camac
Posted: 13-Aug-2008, 01:50 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Macfive;

Hey cuz , twice to-day the page has frozen. Once this morning when trying to reply in General Discussion and just now in Politics when I tried to reply in Current events.

This has happened a couple of time in the past month and I ignored it but now that others seem to be having the same problem I thought I'd mention it. One MacArthur to another.

Camac.

Harlot 
Posted: 13-Aug-2008, 03:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

So glad your back on. I couldn't get on yesterday.Clicked on fav's to get you but it just wouldn't load the page,gosh waited along time and would try again still nothing. But hear you are I'm so happy. biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Hopes are towers in the skies Dreams are wings taking flight

The Boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best Shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends and the other begins

Photobucket

SLAINTE
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Patch 
Posted: 13-Aug-2008, 06:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

I had the problem twice today. I just close down and start over. I have adjusted my pop up program and firewall and since I know little about computers I have no idea what to look for. I thought it might be the fact that I have two home pages but with one shut down it still happens. I can deal with it as I have a lot of time on my hands!

Slàinte,       

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 31-Aug-2008, 05:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

Hi Paul,

I don't know if it's related or not with the problems with google and such.
But I was in "What's for diner tonight"trying to post in the topic and then the page froze again and poof everything disapearred from my screen.

Naturally I can see that the site did not crash or anything 'cause I'm back writing this post.
But I still have the "freezing page" syndrom it appears.... tongue.gif

LOA
PM My Photo Album               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 31-Aug-2008, 06:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

I just tried again and it did the same...the page freezes????
Can't post in this topic.

LOA
PM My Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]