Posted: 16-Sep-2003, 08:48 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Dancing Horse
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Massachusetts

female

Sad news. My two dogs were put down yesterday. Jenifer who was a beutiful brown color with beutiful markings a tea cup chiuahua.she was 15. She had kidney failure and had bad arthritis in her spine. Then their was Gretshin she was 14 and had Conjestive heart failure. I'll never forget my two dogs and how gretshin saved my brothers life from being hit by a car and how jenny comforted me on the darkest days. theirs so many memmories i will treasure forever. I remember yesterday when i went into the room where they would be put down. I was so scared and sad of losing my two best friends. They were leaving me. I thought for sure jenifer wasnt gonna go...i thought the vet would deffinitley say that jennifer could live life in no pain because she ran around the back yard everyday. but she had bad teeth which means very bad tooth aches. she was in pain. gretshin was in pain. But then he said "Put the little guy up on the table." I did everything he said. I remember he got a cotton ball and put this sort of liquid on my tiny dogs leg. then he said "Now just talk real softly to her." and i did. I told her "Jenny I love you...i'll see you someday your going to see grandpa now i love you i love you...." then she started kissing me and then she froze up and i got so scared and i felt like i was in a bad dream I couldnt belive it was happening. I just started crying so hard...my best friend who I had from before i was born was gone from the world...i was never to pet her again or look into those precious eyes of hers again. Or go for walks around the block or sit in the chair out front and watch the cars go by and watch the sunset. It was over and their was no turning back. Then I gave gretshin the biggest hug ever. The vet came back and said "Are you ready." and I looked into gretshin's Beutiful eyes and I knew ...I knew it all had to end now. i looked up at jenny...and i knew jenny couldnt be left alone up their by herself. So i said "yes im ready." Then then put the shot in her leg and she fell into a deep sleep...the dose wasnt enough . So they had to go get another dose. so then they put in her back leg and I looked at her nostrils , they went slower and slower...then they stopped. I had then lost my two best friends. The two best friends that had been their all those years for me ...they were then gone from this world and i didnt know what to do. My older sister and i ran out of that place...i miss my dogs. I miss them both. I wear jennys Collar on my arm i love her. it makes me feel better when i hear the jingline sound.I was out where jenny stayed and I heard her barking today. it was just one bark. Then I was sitting in a chair And i heard gretshin bark...their telling me their okay.Here's some stuff dedicated to them.....

Theirs something missing from my home I feel it day and night
I know it will take time and strenght before things feel quite right
But just for now I need to mourn , my heart it needs to mend
though some may say "it's just a pet." I know i've lost a friend.
You brought such laughter to my heart and richness to my days
A constant friend threw joy and loss with gentle loving ways
Your a friend , A pal , and confindante
Youre friends I won't forget
You'll live forever in my heart my sweet forever pets

R.I.P jenny +gretta
Jenny-May 12th , 1988-september 15th , 2003. ill miss u.
Gretta- i dunno wen she was born-september 15th 2003. jenny+gretta Together forever

love you I love
More than words can say
I love you I love you
My heart said it was time but my mind wasnt ready to let go
I love you I love you
My two dear friends even though we had to part
Our friendship isnt over and it keeps on going
I love you I love you
You didnt care how I looked or how I dressed you loved me for me.
I love you I love you
It wasn't the final goodbye
You left this world with Love and Dignity
I love you I love you
Your friends I won't ever forget
We shall meet again My sweet one's

~Gretshin~ *Jenifer* I love you more than words can say
"It's something Unpredictable..But in the end is right i Hope you had the time of your life"

Yesterday morning i woke up and owned four dogs and a heart of joy. This morning I woke up and I own two dogs and a Broken heart. sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

We bought 2 white balloons wrote messages on them for gretta and jenny and set the free at a lake.

--------------------
Vicky MacArthur
I Am a Scottish Dancer and I am proud of my heritage

Horses and dogs are not my whole life....But they make my life whole!
PMEmail Poster               
3Ravens 
Posted: 16-Sep-2003, 08:57 PM
Quote Post

Herbmistress of Erin
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: south coastal Virginia

female

Vicky,
What a beautiful tribute to your dogs. It made me cry. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you.

--------------------
If age is a learning experience, I should be a genius by now...
PMEmail Poster               
ranger 
Posted: 16-Sep-2003, 09:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

Realm: Western Kentucky

male

Vicky,

I am so sorry for your loss. Your tribute was wonderful. If it helps, you now have over 2,000 members that you can post to and be a sounding board for you. maybe you can spread the sorrow around a little. sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

--------------------
"...so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

'The Lord of the Rings' - Book one
PMEmail Poster               
Highland Lassie 
Posted: 16-Sep-2003, 09:04 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

Thankyou so much 3ravens that made me feel better smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
ranger 
Posted: 16-Sep-2003, 09:05 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Western Kentucky

male

Sorry. I don't think that last part came out right. Hope you understood what I meant. sad.gif unsure.gif
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 16-Sep-2003, 11:29 PM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Vicky, so sorry to hear about your loss. From what several people have told me, it is losing a member of the family. I myself never had any four-legged pets around the house. Just goldfish. We couldn't have a dog or cat around the house because my sister is allergic to animal dander.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
barddas 
Posted: 17-Sep-2003, 07:21 AM
Quote Post

Offical sacrifice to the guitar gods-Play til you bleed

ZodiacWillow

Realm: second star to the right, straight until morning

male

Hi Vicky,
I'm so sorry to hear about your little ones. I too have lots of little furry ones. ( my kids) I know what you're feeling..... I really thought your tribute was nice......

--------------------
BARDDAS BLOG/WEB SITE

Co Founder/Member of the KDC

Music is holy, art is sacred, and creativity is power

Everyday is EARTH DAY to a farmer

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."
Oscar Wilde

Some men are drawn to oceans, they cannot breathe unless the air is scented with a salty mist. Others are drawn to land that is flat, and the air is sullen and is leaden as August. My people were drawn to mountains- Earl Hamner Jr.

PMEmail Poster                
TinkersCranberryChild 
  Posted: 20-Sep-2003, 01:43 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacHolly

Realm: anywhere and everywhere horses are

female

Vickvick, it sad that your doggies had to go to the great hunting grounds, but remember one thing.
they loved you. you got to say goodbye. you put them out of their pain. do you know how many pet owners would be selfish and keep them alive just because they didn't want to go through that pain of losing their dogs? more than you'd imagine.
you made their life and world go round. you adored them. people have given up on animals because they leave you behind with the pain. they break your heart. But for me, since I've been in many experiences like this, where I haven't gotten to say good-bye, It's better to have loved and lost, then to never have loved at all ( i don't remember where that's from, but It's one of my favorite lines)

here's something I made up while writing it to cheer you up:

You can cry no matter what you do
you can loose no matter how hard you try
you can run from your life
you can loose everything you care about most
but no matter what

I'll be here
right beside you
I'll be here
when you need me
I'll be here
no matter what you say
I'll be here
right beside your heart

you can make someone's life go round
you don't have to make a sound
you can live
you can learn
Life is pain, but after a while
it dulls, but is always there
but when you're in need of me

I'll be here
right beside you
I'll be here
when you need me
I'll be here
no matter what you say
I'll be here
right beside your heart

you can run
but don't run far
you can cry
no need to lie
don't pretend that you feel
something that isnt' real

I'll be here
right beside you
I'll be here
when you need me
I'll be here
no matter what you say
I'll be here
right beside your heart

luv yah Boo!

Abby

--------------------
I love Tinker. He's mine, allll mine! At least, I wish. You are the one who rocks my world! I LOVE YOU TINKER!!
and a Special note to Cran. I love you hun, and you are are awesome! Babe, I miss you, but I will love you forever!!!

It's better to have love and lost then to never have loved at all.

"Life is pain Highness! Anyone who says differently is selling something!"-Westley, the princess Bride
PMEmail Poster               
Highland Lassie 
Posted: 20-Sep-2003, 02:01 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

Thanks abby that made me feel alot better. It also made me feel goodbecause i never realized how many pet owners are selfish and keep their pet's here for their happiness...not for the pet. I feel really good now I did something good and that makes me feel proud. Jenny and Gretta are with me all the time. I can hear them bark sometimes around the house their spirits are here in my house. I love them so much. I love you too abby! biggrin.gif smile.gif smile.gif
~They will be in my heart forever~

-You know i should post some pictures of jennifer and gretshin to show everyone how beutiful they really were and still are-
PMEmail Poster               
Highland Lassie 
Posted: 20-Sep-2003, 02:20 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

Here is a poem dedicated to my two dogs Jennifer and Gretshin who will be loved forever and whos lives touched so many people.

Jennifer-even though your gone. You will live forever in my heart. Our relationship is so diffrent from any other dog i will ever have. Its hard to explain in words what our relationship was like. But it was the best I will ever have in a million years with a dog.

Gretshin- Your the best gret! even though You cant read this I like writing it hehee. You were a great cuddler! You used to bow down and then start cuddling. Even though we had to part...your in no pain ...remember gret and jen our saying Have no fear Vicky is here!! I wouldnt want to change it all for a thing. I also wouldnt want to go back because I wouldnt want you guys to be in pain again. I love you so much. heres some poems..the first one i wrote the second one i have no clue where it came from.

Please just a little longer
This time has come to soon
A second , miniute hour has gone bye
I can't bear to say goodbye

I'll hold back all the tears
for i don't want you to get too scared
You look up at me with helpless eyes

I'm not ready for this final goodbye
I want to hug you forever
I never want to let you go
I can't bear to say good bye

every miniute gets closer to saying bye
I ask myself why?
You look up at me as if saying"because its time
OH NO yout gone and gone forever
Just one more minute , I need you most now
I couldn't bear to say good bye
But now your gone and i wisper in your ear I love you.....I love you...

You're My friend,
my companion,
through good times
and bad
my friend,
my buddy,
through happy and sad,
beside me you stand,
beside me you walk,
you're there to listen,
you're there to talk,
with happiness,
with smiles,
with pain and tears,
I know you'll be there,
in my heart
You are a great dog
and I am grateful to you.
Gretshin and jenny my sweet ones, you are now sick and old , You saved my brothers life and guareded the house on the darkest nights, now is the time to give back to you, I will miss you but i dont want you to be in pain , Now that our touch is to a end , you will always be in my heart My sweet forever friend!Dedicated to gretshin and jenny my Big Lap Puppys!!Ill miss you.:'( but now no pain and that makes us three happy!!!

and i know when my day comes you both will be waiting for me at the golden gate wagging your tails and jumping up just like when you were puppy's. Until then i will wait and enjoy life. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
TinkersCranberryChild 
Posted: 21-Sep-2003, 01:07 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacHolly

female

one thing I'm happy about is although I lost tinker, he's not dead! he's fat and happy and being loved and treated awesomely. I just wish I knew that he remembered me and loved me still....*tear tear*
down.gif down.gif

anyway, Vick, if you ever need someone to cheer you up...just call me keydayza??
we need to get together again...wow....it's hard to believe that the last time I saw you was in February....remeber us making snow angels and Hunter ruining them???!! hehehehehehhe! that was fun.......hehehehe

Abby
PMEmail Poster               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 22-Sep-2003, 08:09 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

Vicky, I hope your feeling just a wee bit better. I am so sorry to hear about your pets. sad.gif I know you must have loved them dearly and they loved you dearly. Your tribute was beautiful. Sometimes it always helps to talk to a good friend about your feelings. Friends do help! Take Care!

maggiemahone1
PMEmail PosterUsers Website                View My Space Profile.
TinkersCranberryChild 
Posted: 23-Sep-2003, 04:03 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacHolly

female

just so you all know, Kaiser, the horse Vicky rides at the barn she works at was just put down. she'll prolly tell you soon, but Vicky, I just wanted you to know I'm sorry about that.... ( I'm working on another tribute....lemme finish my hw first..sry, if I don't I'll be shot...I love you babe!)
sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

Abby
PMEmail Poster               
Highland Lassie 
Posted: 23-Sep-2003, 08:29 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

Sad news Sad news! Gosh , i dont like sad news! Sadly , Kaizer the Trakahner was put down Yesterday morning at 4 AM. He coliced and they brought him in to have the surgery done and when they were doing the surgery they found a Tumor at the top of his intestine. Since the Intestine flipped over so didn't the Tumor and the tumor got big and bubbled up. Kaizer was flea bitten grey and 16 hands. He was awesome. You know what? He was the first horse I ever rode. When I was little I went to that barn and they let me ride him as a Pony ride. I've always loved horses...but kaizer was the one that really got me into them. He was a real special horse to me. Sometimes i think even more special than mombo. But i love them both. I have pictures i will treasure forever and memories i will tresure forever also. I remember thursday was the last time i rode him. He was awesome. Actually that was one of the best rides i have gotten out of him. I think I was the last one who rode him too. When my mom told me that kaizer got put down it went like this. "Vicky I got some bad news." I said what?!? what is it?? "Kaizer got put down yesterday." As soon as I heard his name my heart dropped. You know how you get that feeling when your going down a big drop on a rollar coaster? Well I got that feeling. I miss Kaizer. I learned alot from him. But for now...I cant ride. He was the only horse I could ride so I dont know when i'll ride a horse next .. Atleast I still have the mini's! that I jump and drive. but No horse will ever replace Kaizer. He got buried at the barn on a big hill. He loved it up on that hill. He thought he was the king of the world standing up on that big hill he always used to run up to his hill and rear of buck and spin his head around. When we put him out on the track you would have to say KAIZER OUT!! and he would gallop around the track. He loved to be out their running and he loved to be ridden. When I would take the tack out he would perk his ears from the stall and get all excited as if saying "OOOH!! Yay! im going out for a ride this is gonna be fun!" When we used to go around the track even for being 22 yrs of age he still did a little buck! hehe he was awesome. Im happy he's out of pain though. It's just sad because Just on thursday he was kaizer...full of energy and ready to go and now hes gone..i just cant belive hes actually gone. He was having seizures too. D.C the mini is gonna miss him. D.C has his own pasture and so didnt Kaizer and their pastures were right next to each other. So they would play with each other from either sides of the fence. Kaizer thought he was a 9 hand miniature horse ..and D.C thinks hes a 17 hand thouroughbred so D.C always used to beat up Kaizer..Kaizer used to have all thease bite marks on him and D.C didnt have a scratch on hiM! I think D.C is sad though. I'll miss that horse. I'll miss him so much. I should have been more prepared for something like this....You prepare for the worse But not belive it will actually happen.
I'll miss ya Kai < ~~ something I used to call him.
Miss you we had alot of great memmories tongue.gif
Have fun in the rolling hills of knee high grass with your mom and your sister...Mr.Kaizer

Kaizer inspired me in the 2nd grade to get into horses..TY Kaizer!!
P.S!! My Avater looks like Kaizer!!!
PMEmail Poster               
TinkersCranberryChild 
Posted: 25-Sep-2003, 04:47 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacHolly

female

hey vickie,
I'm glad your taking it so well.....if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask!
luv yah!
Abby
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt