Taliesin's Journal

Index -> Journal-> What a Monday...

Journal Entry

Add Entry   

What a Monday...
Posted by sir_tal on Oct 18th, 2004 4:26 PM
Well, it's not been all that bad I suppose. smile.gif Started out by making everyone in my department mad at me...well, the important people were mad anyway. An auspicious beginning, I know.

Lunch was nice...took a co-worker out for lunch for her birthday.

However, I have school tonight. Final class session for this class, which means I have a presentation to give. It's a group presentation, and it's not going to be tough. I'm always pretty good at public speaking. I don't LOVE it or anything, but it's not usually too hard for me. However, I forgot everything I needed for this presentation at home, so my wife will be dropping everything off before I leave for class tonight. smile.gif

Yesterday was cool. I went to Best Buy to spend my amassed Birthday money. smile.gif I bought Equilibrium, which was a really cool movie. I also bought Time Bandits, a movie I had not seen in many years. It wasn't bad at all, though I remembered it a lot differently. wink.gif I bought Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, which is really fun. What a way to get out your frustrations than by laying waste to a city with guns and vehicles and such. smile.gif

Finally, and most niftily, I got Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Collector's Edition on DVD! WOOOO! I love this movie, and I've been waiting for the perfect moment to get it on DVD. This set is nice. It comes with a bound manuscript of the entire film, which is pretty darn cool. It also comes with a collectible Film Cel all matted nicely. Finally, there are two discs of Python goodness, which is really neat. However, Disc 1 was fairly mangled when I pulled it from the nify box. C'mon guys, the packaging SUCKED! At any rate, I've contacted Columbia TriStar, and they informed me that I need to take it back to Best Buy for exchange, so I'm doing that today on my way to school. (sigh). So close to the Holy Grail of Python Movies. (Pun definitely intended.)

Hope your Mondays are going at least as well as mine. wink.gif

-Chris

Please post your comments below.

Add Entry   

Number of times Journal has been viewed:

Homepage Journal is a service of CelticRadio.net!