Patch 
Posted: 14-Jul-2009, 06:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

My grandson is 13 years old and a Harry Potter fan. He has a Harry Potter hair cut and glasses and the facial resemblance and build are uncanny. At Harry Potter movies he has been asked to pose with girls, who think he is the real thing, for photo's. It embarrasses him but he quit arguing. His mother told him to remember that in twenty years there will be women with "his" picture with them tucked away.

Slŕinte,    

Patch    

PMEmail Poster               
Faerydreamer 
Posted: 15-Jul-2009, 02:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Coal Country, PA

female

He should be flattered. I don't think many people get to be mistaken for someone famous. I can see where it would be annoying too. I do not think that I would want to be mobbed every where I went because I look like a celebrity.

--------------------
Lady Faerydreamer

user posted image
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Patch 
Posted: 15-Jul-2009, 05:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

QUOTE (Faerydreamer @ 15-Jul-2009, 04:36 PM)
He should be flattered.  I don't think many people get to be mistaken for someone famous.  I can see where it would be annoying too.  I do not think that I would want to be mobbed every where I went because I look like a celebrity.

It was over the last three years and mostly if not always it was girls wanting pictures/autographs. He didn't have an interest in girls until lately so that was part of the problem. He just had a big growth spurt so the resemblance is not so great now. (He suddenly grew to 6 ft.) He still collects Harry Potter things and he wants my walking (wizards) staff and a couple of swords I have. He is mature enough to take care of them so he will soon have them.

Slŕinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
lschillinger 
Posted: 08-Aug-2009, 11:54 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacHazel

Realm: The Heart of it All

female

Any comments on the movie 6 "The Half Blood Prince"?

I saw it opening day..it was good but not my favorite. Book 6 was sooo long I'm sure it was hard for them to incorporate everything and tell the story....however..I was a bit disapointed at the things that were left out and those they choose to include. I felt like some of the things were a bit inaccurate and could have easily been told correctly...ie the Death scene with AD. This is the first movie of this franchise I have had ANY criticsim for...and as a huge potter fan hate to...but.... I'm looking forward to movie 7 being 2 movies...good move...

--------------------
COURAGE GROWS STRONG AT THE WOUND

"Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead."

“Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.”

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
lschillinger 
Posted: 08-Aug-2009, 11:55 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacHazel

Realm: The Heart of it All

female

QUOTE (Nancy-Raven @ 13-Jul-2005, 09:15 PM)
For Samhain my sister and few people ew are planning to be dress like wizards and student from Hogwarts.I have my complete outfit student,except for the hat.My sister have order the scarf and the sweater from her house(ravenclaw).I'm a gryffindor and her boyfriend will be Snape.And of course for the next movie The goblet of fire we will be dress like we were for Samhain.It is so fun to see how people react when they see you.Anyone have similar project?

My Husband and I have dressed up as Mr. and Mrs. Weasley the past few years..good fun biggrin.gif
Nilsemann 
Posted: 09-Aug-2009, 11:47 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

male

My entire family loves the series, I read all the books (in english, cause things tend to get lost in translation) Havent gotten around to see the latest movie yet, but it wont be long. I just hope they have managed to catch at least a bit of the mood in the book. always loved reading, and I have yet to see a film thats better than the book was.
I dread the day Bilbo Baggins will hit the big screen..

--------------------
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!

Rudyard Kipling

And when it comes to music..
Play something irish

Cheers
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
McRoach 
Posted: 10-Aug-2009, 10:43 PM
Quote Post

>>*<<
Group Icon

Group: Fellowship of the Ring
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Desert Highlands, USA

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
1,215,377 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

QUOTE (lschillinger @ 08-Aug-2009, 11:54 PM)
Any comments on the movie 6 "The Half Blood Prince"?

I saw it opening day..it was good but not my favorite. Book 6 was sooo long I'm sure it was hard for them to incorporate everything and tell the story....however..I was a bit disapointed at the things that were left out and those they choose to include. I felt like some of the things were a bit inaccurate and could have easily been told correctly...ie the Death scene with AD. This is the first movie of this franchise I have had ANY criticsim for...and as a huge potter fan hate to...but.... I'm looking forward to movie 7 being 2 movies...good move...

I think this was my favorite HP movie, I also enjoyed the book which definitely gives more detail but the book is usually better than the movie! I look forward to adding a copy of the film to my collection. One question about the movies though, where are all the elves? We saw dobbie but is he the only one? How are they going to write in Kreacher for movie 8/9? I wanted to see that little emma watson running S.P.E.W. at everyone!

velho.gif

--------------------
"May those who love us, love us. And those who hate us, may God turn their hearts. And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping."
-Celtic Proverbs

Grateful am I to have a sword in which to defend myself at all times, blessed am I for the days I need not use it.
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 11-Aug-2009, 06:12 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

We were lucky enough to catch the movie in english in a german theater. Otherwise a bit hard for my husband and son to follow. We thought it was good. Since my husband never read the books he never was disappointed about stuff missing.

But we can't wait to see movie 7 - both parts.

I enjoyed the movie and I always keep in mind that the books tend to differ from the movies.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Morrigna 
Posted: 23-Nov-2012, 08:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: United States

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #106
47,731 Gold!

I am a hardcore fan, I own most of the books and movies. Even a few Ravenclaw blankets which I am knitting the houses colours in a 64x64 inch blanket. Samhain, I never dressed like a student from Hogwarts but if I could have it definitely would be a Ravenclaw.

--------------------
"In fear I hurried this way and that. I had the taste of blood and chocolate in my mouth, the one as hateful as the other."Hermann Hesse, Steppenwolf

PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View my Google plus Profile.
MelissaDawn7 
Posted: 28-May-2014, 07:54 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacOak

female

I love the Harry Potter series! I have read all the books and seen all the movies more times than I can remember lol
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]