> Expand Donations Function?, Why not?
englishmix 
Posted: 03-Apr-2009, 07:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: My place

I believe it would be good to expand the donation function of the game. As far as I can tell, one can only donate to someone in your own immediate land.

But think of the impact and fun if one could donate to support and attrack smaller kingdoms toward your clan through all the lands! Some lucky sod might even get involved in a bidding war.

By expanding it to all lands, the sense of paying tribute to ward off future attacks could also be implemented. As well as just plain charitable donations.

What say ye?

PMEmail PosterRead My Blog                
McRoach 
Posted: 03-Apr-2009, 07:26 PM
Quote Post

>>*<<
Group Icon

Group: Fellowship of the Ring
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Desert Highlands, USA

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
507,081 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

QUOTE (englishmix @ 03-Apr-2009, 07:12 PM)
I believe it would be good to expand the donation function of the game. As far as I can tell, one can only donate to someone in your own immediate land.

But think of the impact and fun if one could donate to support and attrack smaller kingdoms toward your clan through all the lands! Some lucky sod might even get involved in a bidding war.

By expanding it to all lands, the sense of paying tribute to ward off future attacks could also be implemented. As well as just plain charitable donations.

What say ye?

Lord englishmix, a player can donate to any other player if chosen by the king of that land to be the governor of income. Why only the governer of income can do this is a good question though. I would think a King/Queen or Clan Chieftain would also have this ability.

--------------------
"May those who love us, love us. And those who hate us, may God turn their hearts. And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping."
-Celtic Proverbs

Grateful am I to have a sword in which to defend myself at all times, blessed am I for the days I need not use it.
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
englishmix 
Posted: 03-Apr-2009, 08:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Well good, at least it is expanded slightly more than I had thought. But I would endorse your suggestion, too. I think such a simple expanded option would be a plus towards more exciting possibilities.
Dogshirt 
Posted: 03-Apr-2009, 11:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

You can also donate to any member of your clan.

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
englishmix 
Posted: 20-Apr-2009, 07:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Thanks for the input! This is another aspect which has led me to join a clan. Such charitable purposes are tax deductable at least in Medieval Kingdom
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 20-Apr-2009, 09:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
41,629 Gold!

I believe the purpose behind only the Governor of Income being able to donate across the board is to encourage the various Kingdoms to become tight political units (something that has not happened yet). If everyone could donate to everyone else, it would detract from the powers of the individual kingdoms. In theory, the King can donate through orders to his Governor of Income. Of course the governor doesn't have to follow orders, but the King can replace him at will.

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
olorin 
Posted: 21-Apr-2009, 02:06 AM
Quote Post

Olorin of Valinor

ZodiacElder

Realm: Virginia

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #70
165,834 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

to encourage the various Kingdoms to become tight political units (something that has not happened yet)

Perhaps a sports like trade system could be put into use to "stimulate" this unity you speak of. Anyone interested in some friendly trade between clans? cool.gif

An outlandish idea indeed, but it could work. The question is, who would be bold enough to switch clans in such a trade? A bold move for sure.

--------------------
Slŕinte,
Olórin of Valinor
-----------------------------------------
You can't regret what you don't decide - Shimon Moore
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               View my Facebook Profile.View my Twitter Profile.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]