Total Votes: 31
Guests cannot vote 
scottish2 
  Posted on 21-Jan-2004, 07:22 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Do you support Gay marriage? Why or why not?
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted on 21-Jan-2004, 07:26 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

In my case I support it whole heartedly. I mean so long as they don't interfere in my right why should I say they can't do what makes them happy? And where in the Constitution does it give congress the power to write marriage laws?

And being the states have agreed to the terms of the Constitution when joining the union or signing the document where do they get the power to deprive a gay couple from seeking their own happiness?

In my honest opinion government has no power to control who can and who can't get married that is a private matter for the couple.
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted on 21-Jan-2004, 08:03 AM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

This is a clear case of behavior between consenting adults being outside of ANYBODY else's business. Some folks have so little life that they insist on trying to mind everybody else's business....Maybe they think that marriage between ONLY men and women is one of those ABSOLUTE truths... tongue.gif rolleyes.gif

jester.gif

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted on 21-Jan-2004, 08:07 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

That's the problem I see with religion them thinking they can set the moral tones for the rest of the world like everyone should be just as pushy as religion is (Note I am talking of religion as a whole no one idividual being stated here though I know of some who could be there own religion being their quite pushy and no it's nobody in the forum just a couple people I know). But you never hear an ateist saying of you're gay you can't get married. rolleyes.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted on 21-Jan-2004, 09:20 AM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

I support it because I think the same tax-level rules and advantages should also be available to same sex couples... If religious institutions don't want to offer their services (marriage) to same sex couples that's their thing but at least on the legal side there should be NO disadvantages for same sex couples if compared to heterosexual couples.

--------------------
Moderator: The Playground (RPG)

Carpe Jugulum
Carved with a twisted smile
An epitaph for sorrow
Sethian - Epitaph

If anybody wants a costum signature, pm me!
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted on 21-Jan-2004, 09:42 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

I support gay & lesbian marriages too. If Adam wants to marry Steve rather than Eve, that's his business and I respect him for that.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
RavenWing 
Posted on 21-Jan-2004, 12:40 PM
Quote Post

Dorkus Trollus Maximus

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Indiana, USA

female

I fully support same-sex marriages. One of my best friends is in a commited relationship, and may as well be married. What bothers him is if something happens to him, his biological family will be able to call the shots and his partner will not legally be able to have a say with anything.

--------------------
May all your up's and down's be under the sheets!

Religion is for those who are afraid of going to Hell. Spirituality is for those who have already been there.
- Anonymous
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted on 21-Jan-2004, 12:49 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

Yes, to an extent. I think it should be a legal institution, before the state, and those present. As far as being a part of the religious marriage, by a priest/minister in a Holy house of worship before God, I don't think this can ever happen. You would be requiring that religion to CHANGE its creed. You can't do that without compromising the entire belief system.

So yes, in the worlds' eyes. But not in Gods'. But, since most gay people aren't too worried about Gods' aproval, this shouldn't matter.

king.gif

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted on 21-Jan-2004, 01:12 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

female

I don't think that's true.. a good friend of mine is a devoted catholic and gay. He does have alot of problems with his own inner conflict, he doesn't want to give up his faith but neither does he want to be pretending to be something he isn't. It's quite a dilemma for him.
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted on 21-Jan-2004, 01:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Well not to long ago there was a Gay that was given a higher status in the church and he was openly Gay I didn't follow story to much but he succeeded even in the church to be openly gay and remain and in fact gain a higher status.
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted on 21-Jan-2004, 02:01 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

female

you mean that bishop of the anglican church? what a controversy that caused.. i didn't quite understand it but well... :/
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted on 21-Jan-2004, 02:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Sounds like the one.
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted on 21-Jan-2004, 02:14 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

QUOTE (Aon_Daonna @ Jan 21 2004, 12:12 PM)
I don't think that's true.. a good friend of mine is a devoted catholic and gay. He does have alot of problems with his own inner conflict, he doesn't want to give up his faith but neither does he want to be pretending to be something he isn't. It's quite a dilemma for him.

That's why I said most. I knew someone would 'know a guy/girl'. wink.gif

I'm sure it IS causing quite a conflict in his life. I'm also sure most of us wish we could change just one little thing about our religion to get it to fit our lifestyles. But we can't. A creed like that is an absolute, and should remain that way. Otherwise, what's the point. Your friend will ultimately have to make the choice. Religion, or live as a Gay man. No one said being a Christian was easy.
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted on 21-Jan-2004, 02:18 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

female

thank goodness I am not smile.gif I don't have to think about that dilemma then...
I do pity him in a way because basically his religion says he should do something other than he wants.
Na, but what I really want to see is a change in society. The longer people talk around it them more baw's they produce.. It makes me sick if people start proclaiming that homosexuality is a mental illness or that you can catch it by sitting on the same seat in the bus etc... *rolls eyes*

What religion says about that, I couldn't care less. I think religion should not forbid happiness.
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted on 21-Jan-2004, 02:41 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

And, assuming that Church actually WAS seperate from State, there should be no issue of making same sex marriages legal. We here in Canada are currently going through this as well. And our former Prime Minister said that as a Catholic, it was a very hard decision to make, but as the Prime Minister, he supports legal gay marriage.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]