tsargent62 
Posted: 27-Apr-2004, 04:37 PM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Lake Orion, Michigan

male

Absolutely. We will need our faith to get through the initial lean period. It will pay off in the long run. Her new business has almost unlimited earning potential. She will be much happier and, I'm sure, much healthier.

One thing I forgot to add. I mentioned sometime back that the IT department where I work was about to be outsourced. Well, the contract was signed yesterday. So, I don't know if I'm going to have a job or not in the next 2 or 3 months. I'm trying to bail now and find something. It would not be good for both of us not bringing in a good income. So, yeah, faith is pretty important right now.

Thanks, as always, for your support, Rose. I know I can always count on you.

Hugs,
Todd
PMEmail Poster               
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 28-Apr-2004, 01:11 AM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacElder

Realm: South Louisiana

female

Todd,

Thanks for posting your family's (wife's) change of profession situation. It encouraged me, because I'm going through a simular situation and money has been very tight. It's easy to say we are trusting God when times are rolling along, but when that bump in the road hits...then that's when the rubber really meets the road! I really got depressed today and was saying, "God what are you doing---help!!!!!" Now, I know the Lord is in control, but my emotions felt like they were in hurricane force winds. Guys please pray that the Lord will give me direction, wisdom, knowledge, and grace to walk through this tough time...and a little blessing wouldn't hurt either. wink.gif

Peace,
Roisin

--------------------
Roisin-Teagan

"There, in that hand, on that shoulder under that chin---all of its lightness delicately balanced and its strings skillfully bowed---it becomes a voice."---Rich Mullins

"At 18, if you have oversized aspirations, the whole world sees you as a dreamer. At 40, you get the reputation for being a visionary." ---Rich Mullins

"God gives the gifts where He finds the vessel empty enough to receive them."---C.S. Lewis

Éire go Brách!
PMEmail Poster               
tsargent62 
Posted: 28-Apr-2004, 06:40 AM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

male

Roisin,
It can be very scary starting a new venture. Maria put it off for a long time, but finally was moved to take the leap. I know God will take care of us and he'll take care of you, too. Just look deep in that quiet place, deep in your soul, and you'll know it's true. I will pray for you, dear Roisin, that He will give you peace and strength to see it through.

Todd
PMEmail Poster               
Elspeth 
Posted: 28-Apr-2004, 06:55 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

Guidance, wisdom, discernment and heaps of blessings I pray will be bestowed upon both you Roisin and Todd and your family. It is scary. We have been existing for years at an income level that on paper just doesn't work, and yet we are still here. Sometimes the answers seem to be so long in coming. It is then that I have to tell myself the answer must to be to keep going, keep slugging, keep doing the best you can and when God wants the direction to change, He'll let us know. Until then, the answer is wait. So, don't get discouraged. You may not be certain what the right path is, but you will certianly know if it is the wrong one. As long as you're not being told it is the wrong one, step forth boldly! (easy for me to say rolleyes.gif )

Todd, I have to tell you it is wonderful to read of a man who is so supportive of his wife.

Elspeth

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 28-Apr-2004, 07:42 AM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

female

Thank so very much guys for the encouragment and your prayers. I guess it's a matter of faith. When all hell is breaking loose then it tends to shake your faith and you start to tremble...then doubt starts to set in.

I prayed, "Lord, make a way where there is no way!" So right now I'm waiting...by faith.

Thanks and Love,
Yours,
Roisin
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 28-Apr-2004, 08:54 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Todd and Roisin! The very thing I have learned in life is that God does not take anything away that He does not give us any better! Just remember that and I will remember you both in my prayers. Keep us posted!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 29-Apr-2004, 02:19 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ Apr 28 2004, 09:54 PM)
Todd and Roisin! The very thing I have learned in life is that God does not take anything away that He does not give us any better! Just remember that and I will remember you both in my prayers. Keep us posted!

You are so right by that, Rose. This is my own experience, too...

"LET ME NOT PRAY TO BE SHELTERED FROM DANGERS,
BUT TO BE FEARLESS IN FACING THEM.
LET ME NOT BEG FOR THE STILLING OF MY PAIN,
BUT FOR THE HEART TO CONQUER IT."

(Rabindranath Tagore)

You are in my prayers.

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
CelticRoz 
Posted: 29-Apr-2004, 03:53 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Wow! Gabby! You made 1000 posts! Sorry! but I think you should be acknowledged for that! Yippee! thumbs_up.gif thumbs_up.gif
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 29-Apr-2004, 05:41 AM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

female

Thanks Rose and Gabby!!!! I'll take those words to heart!
Have a great Day.

Yours,
Roisin angel_not.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 29-Apr-2004, 08:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Good morning everyone,

I see the issue of job changes is on some hearts today...
Just last evening at church, an acquaintance from Sunday School suddenly began to confide in me that she is terribly unhappy at home, at work, and with herself personally. She has serious personality conflicts with her supervisor but when I suggested she might look for another job she didn't seem to eager to do that... it just seemed like that was the only thing she COULD change right now since her home situation is set (elderly, ill parents who need her care).

I felt so sorry for her, and hope that she figures out what action to take soon. Leaving a job is frightening, isn't it? Sometimes the familiar unpleasantness is preferable to the unknown...

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 29-Apr-2004, 09:03 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (Siobhan Blues @ Apr 29 2004, 09:45 AM)
Leaving a job is frightening, isn't it? Sometimes the familiar unpleasantness is preferable to the unknown...[/color][/font]

Very true indeed!
tsargent62 
Posted: 29-Apr-2004, 10:38 AM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

male

While that is very true, sometimes the risk is worth it. I don't believe in a set plan that God has for us, but I do believe that he helps us with things that he views as being in our best interest. From Sept., 2000 through Oct, 2001 I had 2 separate jobs. Both ended due to company finances. I took both of them hoping to improve my professional situation. And while each only lasted 6 months, I got invaluable experience from both.

I am faced with possibly needing to move again. I know that when the job that God wants me to have becomes available, he will guide me into it. It just takes faith and a trust in God. And, at times, it takes a good dose of patience.

Todd
PMEmail Poster               
Elspeth 
Posted: 03-May-2004, 07:24 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

I haven't been on the computer much - putting in a new kitchen floor - setting up our new computer - going insane with running the kids around.

So, anyway, how is everyone doing?

Roisin?

Todd?

Rose?

Gabby?

Siobhan?

Robert?

Andy?

Paula?

Silverdragon?

HighPlains Drifter?

kelaorqu?

Maggie?

elly?

So many have posted on this thread! smile.gif What a nice little community and still room for so many more.

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
tsargent62 
Posted: 03-May-2004, 08:17 AM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

male

Hi, Elspeth!

Thanks for thinking of all of us. Life is kind of a mixed bag for me. I was told last week that my job is not in danger. That's good. I still don't really like my job, so I would like to move, but it's nice to know that there's no big rush. I would be happier elsewhere, but for now, I'll just put up with it.

The TB thing is not much more than an afterthought. We do have to take our antibiotics for the next 8 months. I'm having trouble getting my wife to take hers. She says that they upset her stomach, but she can't seem to remember to take them right after dinner, which would help.

My wife is definitely going forward with closing the day care. Fortunately, all of the parents have been supportive, which really helps. Even her employees have been cool. She put it to them that they can collect unemployment and take the summer off. In that light, they don't seem to mind not having a job after June 18.

In general, things aren't too bad. Still, not real happy with life, but shouldn't complain.

So, my dear Elspeth, how are you doing?

Todd
PMEmail Poster               
tsargent62 
Posted: 03-May-2004, 08:22 AM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

male

QUOTE (CelticRose @ Apr 28 2004, 09:54 PM)

Thanks, Rose. Very wise words, indeed. I appreciate your prayers and the love that shines through every post you make. You are such a special person.

BTW: Love your new avatar! Quite a change. So, are you a fan of Galadriel or Cate Blanchet? Or both?

Love and hugs,
Todd
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]