MDF3530 
  Posted: 08-Aug-2004, 08:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Yeah, it does. I'd have to find out the exact route though. I know that the Route 66 enthusiasts are pushing hard to get it recognized as an official route again. And yes, I'd like to get my kicks on Route 66 biggrin.gif . Here's the URL to the Route 66 Society:

http://www.national66.com

This post has been edited by MDF3530 on 08-Aug-2004, 08:18 PM

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 08-Aug-2004, 08:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

QUOTE (maggiemahone1 @ 08-Aug-2004, 10:08 PM)
  Have you ever been up in the Highlands of Boone, NC?  I like it there and I love shopping at Blowing Rock, ever been there?  I bought me a dulcimer there a few years back from a man that owned a shop there.  Ever now and then I get it out and plonk on it.  I'm just not musically inclined! biggrin.gif

maggiemahone1

We stayed at the Swiss Mountain Village resort in Blowing Rock for two weeks when we were in N.C. You are right. It is a beautiful area. Unfortunately, my husband developed a blood infection in his leg from a cut while we were there and he spent the first week in the hospital in Boone. sad.gif But, because of that, we ended up staying for the second week. smile.gif

I would love to beable to play the dulcimer, but I am also musically disadvantaged biggrin.gif

--------------------
With God............all things are possible
PMEmail Poster               
Froggy5019 
Posted: 08-Aug-2004, 08:23 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

Realm: In my room,lol

female

I've been on Route 66 and didn't even know at the time that basically everyone knew what was,lol. But I did have a good time fishing with me da, didn't catch anything but had fun just the same. Today didn't go to well either, had a conflict dealing with religion with my mom and step da again, go tinto a fight with step brother. But I did go visit some of my friends that are senior citzens, now I', waiting for Tuesday to come so I can go to Collegedale with a bunch of friends and just hang out from 7 until whenever we feel like going home.

--------------------
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really
stop to look fear int he face...
do the thing you think you cannot do.
Eleanor Roosevelt
PMEmail Poster               
gettin-away 
Posted: 08-Aug-2004, 08:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Flushing Michigan USA

male

I'm checking over the wolf pack movements in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area. I will be entering the BWCA on September 13th. It will be five days with 4 of my brothers and my nephew. One of my brothers is hoping to call some wolves while we are there (he's done it on his TV program in the past). Good news is there have been sightings, just last month, around the area we will be in.

gettin-away

--------------------
Paradox...Dirty socks...Glacier Rocks...Goldilocks

user posted image
Avonlea22 
Posted: 08-Aug-2004, 08:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Elizabethtown, PA

male

Heading off to bed. Night, night. sleep1.gif

--------------------
le gach dea-mhéin
~Brian
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 08-Aug-2004, 09:02 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (maggiemahone1 @ 08-Aug-2004, 09:08 PM)
Thanks so much, CelticRose. The Parkway is beautiful and the scenery is spectacular. We'll probably travel the BR Parkway some when we travel down to the Smokies. Have you ever been up in the Highlands of Boone, NC? I like it there and I love shopping at Blowing Rock, ever been there? I bought me a dulcimer there a few years back from a man that owned a shop there. Ever now and then I get it out and plonk on it. I'm just not musically inclined! biggrin.gif

You know I never made it as far as Boone, NC. I always wanted to. I got up there pretty high on the BR Pkway and can't remember now how far, but have the photos to prove it! LOL Spectacular beautiful country! You are all blessed to be there. I miss it. However, I love Arizona so very much and even though some people would think the desert ugly, I somehow see a special beauty in it.......odd, eh? biggrin.gif However, lately it has been hotter than Hades! What's worse is that it has been humid too! Ugh! unsure.gif

Ooh! Now I have been to Blowing Rock! The Last of the Mohicans was filmed there so I had to see it!

I love dulcimers but I have no musical ability whatsoever. Wouldn't do me to buy one...LOL

CelticRoz 
Posted: 08-Aug-2004, 09:08 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (maggiemahone1 @ 08-Aug-2004, 09:08 PM)
Thanks so much, CelticRose. The Parkway is beautiful and the scenery is spectacular. We'll probably travel the BR Parkway some when we travel down to the Smokies. Have you ever been up in the Highlands of Boone, NC? I like it there and I love shopping at Blowing Rock, ever been there? I bought me a dulcimer there a few years back from a man that owned a shop there. Ever now and then I get it out and plonk on it. I'm just not musically inclined! biggrin.gif

Maggie! Sadly, I have never been to Boone, NC! I have been as far up as south of Boone and have the photos to prove it, but doggone if I can remember where! I would have to get my map out and tell ya. It is such beautiful country. I miss it there. However, I am very happy to be back in my Arizona. Some people either really love or hate the desert, I happen to really love it! There is just something about it I really love and find so majestic.

I love dulcimers, but would never buy one because I have no musical ability either! would do me to pay the money! laugh.gif
CelticRoz 
Posted: 08-Aug-2004, 09:11 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Oops! I double posted! Any of you kind moderators want to delete one of them? My computer went wonky on me and I didn't think it posted.........found out otherwise! rolleyes.gif Thanks! smile.gif
CelticRoz 
Posted: 08-Aug-2004, 09:23 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (MDF3530 @ 08-Aug-2004, 09:15 PM)
Yeah, it does. I'd have to find out the exact route though. I know that the Route 66 enthusiasts are pushing hard to get it recognized as an official route again. And yes, I'd like to get my kicks on Route 66 biggrin.gif . Here's the URL to the Route 66 Society:

http://www.national66.com

Ooh! cool site MDF! Now I have traveled some of the Route 66 myself and have collected a lot of Route 66 stuff along the way! I am a major collector of Route 66 paraphernalia! Anyway, two years ago I was up in Williams, AZ and there was a motorcycle team there from Switzerland driving the Route 66 route. We went and talked to them. It was so cool. My hubby has a real affinity for motorcycles Anyway, he at one time had a 1966 Triumph Bonneville! Really cool machine! smile.gif
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 08-Aug-2004, 10:27 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Looking for ways to delay going to bed so that tomorrow won't come so soon! sad.gif I have to go to the hospital for my breathing tests and CT scan tomorrow, and I'm not looking forward to it.

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
urian 
Posted: 08-Aug-2004, 10:31 PM
Quote Post

heretic. lurker in the shadows
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Texas

male

Wiz,
I love you ,man. I'll be praying for you.

--------------------
'Dying for being different is still better than living as a Sheep'-anon
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 08-Aug-2004, 10:33 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Allen! I can feel your fear and trepidation and to be honest with you, I would be like that too. I know we have faith and trust in God, but doesn't mean we still can't be scared. You have been and still are in my prayers!
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 08-Aug-2004, 10:36 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

male

Thank you, Urian, my friend and brother!

I will definitely take all the prayers I can get! You guys have been the best! I really appreciate the support and love I've felt from you! And I truly love all of you too and pray for you every night!

Well, I guess I'd better quit delaying the inevitable and go to bed so I won't feel like poop in the morning!

Good night, and God bless you!
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 08-Aug-2004, 10:38 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

male

Thanks to you too, Rosie! You've been like a rock through all of this! Thanks for being there and for listening to my whining! smile.gif
celtica 
Posted: 08-Aug-2004, 10:50 PM
Quote Post

Lady of the mists
Group Icon

Group: Brittany
ZodiacOak

Realm: Brest - Brittany

female

Here it's already tomorrow...so I'll pray for your night to be as good as possible Wizard. Good luck my friend. smile.gif

--------------------
Que restera-t-il de notre sang mêlé au sel, sans trace dans les mémoires ? Une ultime navigation, trompeuse. Et des souvenirs, illuminés d'embruns. Mais condamnés au silence de la mer... Loïc Finaz.
user posted image
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]