Richard Bercot 
Posted: 21-May-2004, 03:47 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAsh

male

A few Friend of mine and I had been talking one day about freezing their tongues to something. It seemed that each one of us had done that very thing, but what was the most surprising thing about it was that we were all 8 years old when we did this thing.

I remember mine all too well. It was in February and I was outside playing when I got rather thirsty. I went to the water pump, we had no indoor plumbing in those days, to get a drink and while taking in the water, my tongue touched the pump, freezing it solidly to it. My Brother ran into the house to get Mom and she pored water over my tongue to loose it. Needless to say, I never done that again.

If you have had any such experience or something simular. How about sharing it with us so that we all may have a good laugh. wink.gif

--------------------
May your days be filled with Merriment and May you walk in Balance with Creator.

"For every day you fish, you live another day"
PMEmail Poster                
urian 
Posted: 21-May-2004, 07:23 PM
Quote Post

heretic. lurker in the shadows
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Texas

male

Hmmmm. I gave my brother our BB gun to play fort with.

He was on the opposing side as I and..well...I have a nice big scar to remind me about that....

--------------------
'Dying for being different is still better than living as a Sheep'-anon
PMEmail Poster               
silverdragon 
Posted: 22-May-2004, 01:07 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Tarzana, CA

female

Uh, well... I stuck an eraser up my nose, for no better reason than to see if it would fit. It slipped up inside the bony part of the nose and Mom had to take me to the emergency room to get it taken out with forceps. goof.gif

--------------------
Where now the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing?
Where is the helm and the hauberk, and the bright hair flowing?
Where is the hand on the harpstring, and the red fire glowing?
Where is the spring and the harvest and the tall corn growing?
They have passed like rain on the mountain, like a wind in the meadow
The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow
Who shall gather the smoke of the dead wood burning
Or behold the flowing years from the Sea returning?

~ J.R.R. Tolkien

My blog: Almost, but not quite, entirely unrelated to filmmaking
PMEmail Poster                
talleyrand 
Posted: 22-May-2004, 01:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Kansas City, Missouri USA

male

Somedays it's a wonder I'm still alive... And despite all the following evidence to the contrary, I have both common sense and book smarts. They just don't always work together.

I don't recall how old I was when I stuck my tongue to the top rail of our chain link fence. It was before 6th grade because we hadn't moved yet but it was a cold, snowy winter night, I remember distinctly getting up and walking out the side door, completely unnoticed, not dressed for the weather and sticking my tongue full on to the post. Let's see, no one knows I'm out here, no one coming home would see me since I'm on the wrong side of the house, it's not coming off, what to do... I eventually lost a lot of skin off my tongue but I pulled it off and have yet to repeat that feat.

I used to play with electricity as a child. Alligator clips were the neatest thing because I could use them to clip onto a 9 volt and then make my Stomper's go really fast. I could also just touch the ends together and get a spark. One night, alone in my bed room, I clipped each wire onto the end of the electrical cord to an lamp. I then plugged that into the wall. "I wonder why I can do with this..." I went with touching them together to begin with to see what spark I'd get. Thank God I started with that. Touch *SPARK* Silence and darkness. Hot wires in my hand but I remember sitting there wondering if I was dead. Finally my eyes adjusted and I could see the light coming in under the doorway. Thank God for circuit breakers too.

At Scout camp, fireworks are prohibited so I naturally had some. Bottle rockets a great thing. We were being stupid and trying to launch them in new and creative ways. There was a styrofoam cup someone had left on the trail so I said "Watch this" Inserted the rocket into the cup and held the stick in my teeth. It was foolproof. The cup would catch the blast and the rocket'd go flying out perfectly. However, I was a better fool than my plan had anticipated. The cup worked as planned. Unfortunately, it was only 3 or 4 inches tall and once the rocket had exceeded the cup the exhaust caught me in the face. No damage done except for my buddies broke some ribs laughing.

Maybe 6 years ago (I'm 29) I was out backpacking and I was at the base of this small waterfall area (maybe 40 feet up). I was in a park in the middle of no where Missouri, hadn't seen anyone all day. It was hot and humid as it gets in August and I was pooped but I wanted to see the view from the top. I could walk all the way back up where the trail split and then go on to the top from there. But wait, I think those rocks are set up well enough to be able to climb on up there from here. So I drop my pack and my fly rod and scamper up. Not bad at all and the view was worth it although the bugs were alot worse up there. I'm winded from climb and my day's hike but now I realize while I was smart in removing the pack and rod to return to my normal body balance, I now had to go back down and get them. Down should be just as easy. And it was. Easier in fact. 10 feet down, 20 feet down, concentration wavers and I hit a slick spot (damn moss). Bounce, bounce, bounce. I have no idea how I survived without incident but I stopped about 5 feet from the ground. A fraction of a foot either way and I would have easily had a broken leg and then some.

On a Scout overnight, a nasty thunderstorm rolled through. This time I was smart and didn't do anything but my buddies were all having courage (stupidity) tests. It involved assembling the tallest tent pole they could and seeing how far out into this open field they could holding this lightning rod. No injuries but I at least knew how stupid that way. Of course, I was out backpacking again, this time in Wyoming and I was on the summit of a mountain and I saw the storm rolling in. Lots of lightning and there I was again, with my pack and my fly rod extending out of it like a nice little welcome beacon. So I start running and slip on a boulder and that point I had to decide what the odds were more favorable---slipping and breaking a bone on all the rocks and boulders as I skeedadled off the mountain top and made for the tree line or becoming a lightning rod. I chose the risk the bones because then even though no one would have seen me lying amonst the boulders and there are bears and such out there, I figured those odds were better than being fried.

I'm sure there's more but I can't think of them at the moment. What's that saying, God watches out for children and idiots?

--------------------
I don't think of myself as a lion. You might as well, though - I have a mighty roar.
Jubel Early
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Raven 
Posted: 22-May-2004, 02:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

You guys are idiots lol.gif

Just joking (hee hee)

Nothing worse than i have done as an adult

E.G.
Sticking my hand in a running lawn mower deck

hitting myself in the head with a running chain saw

grabbing a hot muffler to shake it and see if it was loose with my bare hands (lost some skin on that one) It's a wonder that my nick name is not stubby. unsure.gif

--------------------
He is no fool who gives up that which he can not keep to gain that which he cannot loose

www.arminta.net
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
urian 
Posted: 22-May-2004, 03:32 PM
Quote Post

heretic. lurker in the shadows
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Texas

male

QUOTE (Raven @ May 22 2004, 03:51 PM)
You guys are idiots lol.gif

Just joking (hee hee)

Nothing worse than i have done as an adult

E.G.
Sticking my hand in a running lawn mower deck

hitting myself in the head with a running chain saw

grabbing a hot muffler to shake it and see if it was loose with my bare hands (lost some skin on that one) It's a wonder that my nick name is not stubby. unsure.gif

Speechless....simply speechless biggrin.gif

I don't feel so bad now. tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted: 23-May-2004, 07:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

I did more stupid things as an adult than as a kid...
brother did enough for the two of us...leave it to Richard.

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 23-May-2004, 07:54 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Goodness! Where do I begin? I have done as many stupid things as an adult as a kid!

When I was about two I had a fascination for outlet plugs! I was always sticking things in them, like safety pins! I loved to do that for some reason and got electic shock each time! I once snuck into the science lab in the dark and tripped over the desks and landed on top of one of them...........smashed my pinkie finger and the nail came off...........OUCH! I made mud pies as a kid and ate them! My mother was horrified! I kept my poor mother on her toes! rolleyes.gif

As an adult? LOL Driving too fast and getting stopped by cops. One time I decided to throw tennis ball out in the yard to my dogs. Problem was that I was in the garage when I did it and the ball accidently hit the tip of the garage door instead and it came back flying right back in my eye...........boy did that ever hurt! I had to go the ophthalmalogist and I had a hemorrhage at the back of my eye! cool.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 23-May-2004, 08:25 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAsh

male

To be totally honest, if I put down here everything that I ever done that was Stupid, you would probably spend the next two or three days reading just mine. unsure.gif

( I just read this to my Wife and she said that it would probably take you guys two or three days to just quit laughing. I however was not that amused by that remark. dry.gif )
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRoz 
Posted: 23-May-2004, 08:45 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Aww, poor Richard! I can empathize, really! I have and continue to do some pretty silly things...............wonder where my brain is at the time when I do them!
Rosemary 
Posted: 23-May-2004, 08:54 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Oregon, USA

female

Yeah, I do more stupid things now too. I was a really cautious kid. Now I insist on jumping off things and sticking my hands into hot toasters. Recently I decided that the best way to get out of the tree I was stuck in was to slide down the trunk. Needless to say, I scraped up all my limbs and the whole front of my body.

--------------------
There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes. -the Doctor
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 23-May-2004, 09:03 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey! Rosemary! My name is Rosemary! It was really wierd seeing your username, when it is my real name........LOL! Glad to have you here!
tsargent62 
Posted: 24-May-2004, 07:01 AM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Lake Orion, Michigan

male

OY! Where do I begin? I was fearless as a kid, so I did a lot of stupid things. Probably the stupidest was when I was 10. My friend and I had raked a bunch of leave in a pile and were jumping in them. Harmless enough and normal for kids to do on a fall day. Well, I got in my head it would be fun to jump from the porch railing. It was, a couple times. Then, I landed a little too far left with my arms straight down to my side. Ended up breaking my left arm.

--------------------

Cheers!
Todd

Normal is a relative term. For some reason it is not a term my relatives use to describe me.

PMEmail Poster               
Blue_Rogue 
Posted: 24-May-2004, 09:35 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tulsa, Ok.

male

Two times that flash into my mind quickly, I guess I was about 6 or 8, I would grab handfuls of pebbles and throw them into the air above, when they came down, it was kind of like rain, until one pebble went into my ear. Required a trip to the hospital to dig it out.

The other time, I was a little bit older (and wiser??? NOT).
Some Freinds and my self were jumping off the roof of our house, using umbrellas as parachutes (Hay, Mary Poppins did it). Was fun a couple of times, third jump, the umbrella folded up, ended up with a broken wrist.

--------------------
Careful what you ask for, you might just get it.

House of Gordon

PMEmail Poster               
Madadh 
Posted: 24-May-2004, 10:15 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fort Worth Texas

male

Use to play shoot-em-up games with my brother and friends. Only problem is that we only had bb guns to use.

you know that those bb sting when you get shot in the der-i-air jawdrop.gif

--------------------
-----------------------
Céad Mile Fáilte

May God hold you in the hallows of his hands

American First, Irish Always

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]