Posted: 08-Apr-2005, 09:04 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Nebraska

female

Actually, dundee, when I'm out in the sun for awhile my hair takes on many red tones!! In my younger days it was much more red. Age and 2 kids has seemed to darken it somewhat! But my father's hair, when he had it, was very red and I have picked up some of that at least in hightlights!

It's nice to meet another musician, especially a celtic musician!! Even though I am only an amature I agree that we must stick together and help each other out!
Unfortunately I am going to need a better quality fiddle before I can advance much more! sad.gif
Never fear though, I am currently shopping around and will have one by christmas!

Thanks again for all your help!! I owe ya one!! thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
Sonee

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke

"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 08-Apr-2005, 11:37 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

laugh.gif laugh.gif I see dundee is at it again! The Rogue he is! wink.gif

Hallo a charaid, Sonee! I didn't see this thread of yours! Now I get to officially welcome you! smile.gif You will find that everybody in here is obsessed with all things Celtic. That is why we are here, although we chat about many different things. Have you been listening to Highlander radio on here? I have quite a Celtic music collection now as a result! LOL

I have never been able make accent marks in my Gaelic in here. So if you figure it out, let me know. Everytime I try, it poofs me out of the reply post! unsure.gif

Also, I LOVE The Corrs! They are one of my very favorite bands. I have all their CDs and saw them live in concert at the Kodak theatre last August. Let me tell you, they are muh better live than on recording. I was only eight rows back and on the side of Sharon, the fiddle player! You would have loved it!

Btw, I live in Arizona. Glad to have you here. Take care and see ye roon the forums. smile.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Sonee 
Posted: 09-Apr-2005, 09:49 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 09-Apr-2005, 12:37 AM)

I have never been able make accent marks in my Gaelic in here. So if you figure it out, let me know. Everytime I try, it poofs me out of the reply post! unsure.gif

Also, I LOVE The Corrs! They are one of my very favorite bands. I have all their CDs and saw them live in concert at the Kodak theatre last August. Let me tell you, they are muh better live than on recording. I was only eight rows back and on the side of Sharon, the fiddle player! You would have loved it!

Btw, I live in Arizona. Glad to have you here. Take care and see ye roon the forums. smile.gif

Hallo agus madainn mhath, Ròs!

There is actually a thread in the language forum about how to do that! Depending on what OS your using you need to get to your control panel and go to keyboards (or the equivilant!!) Somewhere there should be languages. Pick United States(International) or, as in my case it was English (Ireland). I have to switch between United States and Ireland keyboards by hitting alt-shift! But it works! If you have questions or it doesn't work let me know and I will try to help you more!

The Corrs are one of my favorites as well!! I don't have all their CD's yet, but I'm working on it!! I would have absolutely loved it!! Someday I'm going to play the fiddle as good as she does!!! (At least I'm gonna give it my best effort!!!)

I am sooo jealous! I have wanted to move to Arizona for years!!! I live in Nebraska and I HATE snow!!!! I swear, even if I have to pack up my kids and leave everyone else here scratching their heads, I'm gonna move to Arizona!!! biggrin.gif

Thanx for the welcome and I'll definately be seeing ya!!!
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 09-Apr-2005, 06:31 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hallo Sonee! I didn't know about that thread in the language forum! Thanks for telling me. I will try it.

Well if you want to live in Arizona, you just have to do it. That's what I did! I grew up in southern CA and always wanted to live here and I finally did many years ago. But I have also lived in NC and GA as well.

Take Corr! wink.gif
Rindy 
Posted: 09-Apr-2005, 07:49 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hey there dundee, settle down chap!!!LOL you do like yur red heads don't cha?>??

Hey Ya Wizard, how are you? Good to see you!!!

Hi Celticrose, nice to see you. Hope you are having a good evening.

Hello everyone else...say my computer doesn't have Ireland it has Gaelic but I'll be darned if I can use it. When you figure it out Rose let me know would you?

Well have a great evening everyone...

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Sonee 
Posted: 09-Apr-2005, 08:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

female

Hallo Ròs! Feasgar math!

Actually, you need to thank Allen!! It's his thread and he's the one who told me about it!!!

As for just moving to AZ...you probably weren't married to a man who wants nothing to do with moving. Specially that far away from his 'mommy'!! Of course that's getting to mean less and less to me as time goes on!!LOL

Maybe, Rindy, it's the redheads who tend to like dundee!! wink.gif You should check out the thread about accents as well!! Besides the way to change your keyboard to type Gaelic letters he also has a way to make each individual letter. Might be worth a look!!
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 09-Apr-2005, 08:21 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Ok Sonee, I knew Allen had a language thread, I started to take his tests and said no, don't think I can learn this.. I will check it out thank you..
Have a good evening..

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 09-Apr-2005, 09:05 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Sonee! I tried to find that thread and I can't find it! huh.gif Maybe Allen can give me the link to it or you can.

Well at the time, Sonee, I wasn't married when I moved to Arizona. But I met my husband here shortly after and we have been married for over 20 years. He and I have moved several times in our life together. We used to like to do that. Not anymore! Although we are going to Oregon in June to spend a week with his brother and family, we may change our mind. I hear it is beautiful there.

Rindy, I can't help you cause I can't figure out how to do the accent thing either! Hope your having a good evening!

Feasgar math!
Sonee 
Posted: 09-Apr-2005, 09:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

female

Okay, I'm going to try to give you a link to the thread...if it doesn't work let me know and I'll try something else!!

http://www.celticradio.net/php/forums/inde...?showtopic=4088

PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 10-Apr-2005, 07:20 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Thank Sonee! I found it because of you. I printed it out to work from. I think I have tried this before and it still didn't work, but we will see.

Tapadh leat airson do chuideachaidh a charaid! wink.gif smile.gif

WizardofOwls 
Posted: 10-Apr-2005, 08:18 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Glé mhath, Ròs!
Very good Rose!

Cum ort leis a' Ghàidhlig!
Keep going with the Gaelic!

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
Sonee 
Posted: 10-Apr-2005, 09:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

female

'Se ur beatha Ròs!!

Just glad I could help! I hope it works for you!! Let me know how it works!!

Tioraidh an-drasda
PMEmail Poster               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 11-Apr-2005, 03:55 AM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

male

Hiya Sonee!

Go one small correction for your Gaelic above.

There are two ways to say "You're welcome" in Gaelic, depending on who (or whom) you are talking to.

If you are talking to just one person (as you were above, to Rose), you would say

'Se do bheatha

If you are talking to more than person or someone you would call "sir" or "ma'am" (grandparents or maybe a public official or minister), you would say

'Se ur beatha

I wouldn't use the formal version unless I were speaking to an elder or someone like my preacher.

Make sense?

Cum ort leis a' Ghàidhlig!
Keep going with the Gaelic!
Sonee 
Posted: 11-Apr-2005, 09:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

female

Tapadh leat Allen!!

Actually, I read someone else's post, and at this point I can't remember whose, that had it written correctly! I just didn't know why it was different, now I do!!

I'm beginning to wonder if I will ever get this right!

Beannachd leibh
PMEmail Poster               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 11-Apr-2005, 09:32 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

male

Keep going! Don't worry about mistakes, just keep expirementing! I think you're doing fine!

But I do have one more small correction! biggrin.gif

Beannachd leibh, once again would be for addressing a group of people or an elder.

To say goodbye to just one person, me, say

Beannach leat.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]