Haldur's Journal

Index -> Journal-> Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Journal Entry

Add Entry   

Decisions, decisions, decisions...
Posted by Haldur on Dec 13th, 2004 4:37 PM
Okay, I'm sick and frazzled at the same time! What a combination...anyway, here's why! I'm looking into purchasing some musical equipment so I can get my recording studio pipe dream up and running. I have narrowed the items down to several different aspects of recording and have backed myself into the inevitable corner of "what to buy?" I'm completely torn between several different options. Okay, I have an Alesis brand mixer in mind that'll run a cool $149, a great MXL brand condenser microphone that will be $100, and of course a mic stand ($20 or so) and cables (depends on what quality I want and types I need). That is my base order as all these items are included on Musician's Friend. But there's also this really keen Digitech vocal processor which is $249.95 I've been meaning to get but I'm thinking that the Alesis mixer could perform the same functions, perhaps better. Don't know as of yet. To add to the confusion, I've also expressed an interest in purchasing an Epiphone electric guitar ($199) which does not have a bad price tag at all, an Ibanez bass guitar ($332.45) which has a pretty high price tag but considering I'm desiring to learn a different instrument for now wouldn't hurt. But with the addition of the guitar and bass that would mean an extra $100 or more spent on hardshell cases 'cause let's face it...you don't want a warped guitar neck!

In the process, I've also expressed a desire to buy a Doreli violin ($149) which wouldn't be a bad buy because it comes with all the accessories including a case...but by the same token I don't know how well I'd take to learning violin, I hear it takes a long time to learn and I'm already pretty proficient at playing guitar and bass wouldn't be a bad addition! I DON'T KNOW...I'M CONFUSED!!!! To top it all off, I've been sick with sore throat, cough, and other allergy related symptoms that make me feel like royal poop so that I can't thoroughly enjoy my 3 days off.

It seems that this fall and winter have been a pretty down time considering I've encountered the cold, kidney stones, and the pleasure and pain of starting a new project with my current employer. Things have been looking on the up and up as I have a chance to spend a little extra money on recording studio/musical equipment and am looking forward to this project that Aaediwen and I are planning. It feels like I'm taking on too much, but in all actuality I am not...I'm doing exactly what I need to do, what I want to do....and that makes me happy.

That makes me happy.

Please post your comments below.

Add Entry   

Number of times Journal has been viewed:

Homepage Journal is a service of CelticRadio.net!