Posted: 06-Jun-2008, 12:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Georgia

female

I swear - I believe my body is just playing games with me. It's like "let's go 3 months and let her get used to a certain sense of freedom" and then "hah! let's have this cycle only be about 4 weeks long." So, here we go again. I go for a while having about a 2 month cycle, then a 3 month one (hmm...maybe we're spacing out even further) - wrong! Surprise! If this turns out to be another of those week and a half deals, I shall scream.

I just get weary of having to go to the store for feminine products and then making sure they are stashed somewhere in either my purse or tote bag. Every other month I can deal with. This is just annoying.

sigh.

--------------------
Check out my new blog at www.dilettantesdilemma.blogspot.com
Patti, The Celtic Pretentious Wombat

Feel the Teal! The year is 1599, and a new musical sensation is sweeping the youth of England! Dude! Life is Good! Visit The Lost Boys Online
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
ctbard 
Posted: 06-Jun-2008, 02:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Connecticut

female

I still havnet had my period, it must be almost 9 months or more! is this it??? am I a crone now??

--------------------
The devil whispered behind the leaves, it's pretty but is it art?
Rudyard Kipling
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Nara 
Posted: 24-Jun-2008, 09:10 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Utah

female

on the other end of the girlie spectrum, some of y'all may have remembered that we were trying for a baby (#4). we finally gave up a few months ago, but guess what? i found out yesterday that we're pregnant! biggrin.gif it's been so long, i'd forgotten what "pregnant" felt like, but now i know why i've felt so yucky in the mornings lately. silly, stupid Nara! rolleyes.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 24-Jun-2008, 10:56 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Wow, congrats Nara! We tried for #2 for nearly 5 years but she finally came along at just the right time. I realized later that the good Lord knew what He was doing, making us wait so long... my nerves couldn't have handled two any closer together. You're a brave gal for wanting 4 kids!

Hope all goes smoothly for you with this pregnancy.

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 25-Jun-2008, 08:45 AM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

Congratulations, Nara!!! A new baby to cuddle and love!!! How wonderful...I hope everything goes well during your pregnancy...keep us posted biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
valpal59 
Posted: 25-Jun-2008, 09:21 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

CONGRATULATIONS NARA!!!!
You are truly blessed. I hope everythings goes well.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 05-Jul-2008, 12:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

I think the hardest thing about being a parent is knowing when to instruct or offer advice, and when to sit quiet and let the kids deal with the consequences of their choices they've made.

A friend of mine is caught up right now in such drama, with two young adult children who both married too quickly, got pregnant even quicklier (I know its not a word, but doesn't it fit the sentence well!!) but have proceeded to keep bringing all their married-life problems and issues to my friend! She is so weighed down with the emotional burdens right now she actually slumps... poor thing. She said last week they all wanted to be grown up so badly, she wishes they'd take on the responsibilities of it now and let her rest!

PM               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 06-Jul-2008, 06:08 AM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

female

I tend to give advice to my youngest daughter who is now going thru a divorce. It seems the youngest always get babied more when growing up and needs more help. I don't advise until they ask my advice, unless I'm on a hormone rage!!!
ctbard 
Posted: 10-Jul-2008, 11:54 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (maggiemahone1 @ 06-Jul-2008, 07:08 AM)
I tend to give advice to my youngest daughter who is now going thru a divorce. It seems the youngest always get babied more when growing up and needs more help. I don't advise until they ask my advice, unless I'm on a hormone rage!!!

My daughter hates it when I try to give advice, but if I don't, she says I don't care about her.
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 15-Jul-2008, 12:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Danged if you do, danged if you don't.

rolleyes.gif
PM               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 15-Jul-2008, 08:56 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

female

ain't life grand? biggrin.gif I need a vacation, a really long vacation. I'm stressed and when I get stressed it seems the hot flashes come more often and I'm ready to bite nails!!! Maybe some Calgon would help! Calgon take me away!!!
ctbard 
Posted: 18-Jul-2008, 09:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (maggiemahone1 @ 15-Jul-2008, 09:56 PM)
ain't life grand? biggrin.gif I need a vacation, a really long vacation. I'm stressed and when I get stressed it seems the hot flashes come more often and I'm ready to bite nails!!! Maybe some Calgon would help! Calgon take me away!!!

I badly need a vacation too, it's been a stressful year.Were suppose to go to Ireland in Oct., but, doesnt look like we"ll make that trip either.I am going with some friends to the Irishfest in NY State in Sept for a weekend, can't wait.
Jillian 
Posted: 02-Aug-2008, 10:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Brittany
ZodiacOak

Realm: Pennsylvania

female

Valpal-I can't help you there. I am still waiting for a hot flash. Everyone says I should be having them. I'm always cold. But I have wondered, if I stop feeling cold all of the time is that my hot flash?

Gwenlee,

Just found this thread...I got chuckling w/your comment above (back on like page 1)! I'm laughing to myself thinking, "she's having reverse menopause! Some kind of inversion has occurred! Ah, yee laugh lest yee cry! I had a hysterectomy age 41...big ovarian tumor. Was one of the most painful things when it burst before we got to surgery. I went on HRT for 2 years and slowly titrated off it. So far, so good...5 yrs later. There's a part of me that loves being 46 and another part of me that shakes the head and thinks, "what a cruel joke to have the body in shape but the wisdom of a gnat when young...and now having more wisdom and the body's out of shape!" Biggest problem I'm facing is low energy. I need to get off my duff and start riding (bike) again...used to do 11 miles at least 3-4 times a week.

Jillian

--------------------

"Disappointments are inevitable. Discouragement is a choice."
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 17-Aug-2008, 06:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Hi Jillian, I don't think we've met - I don't get here as often as I'd like. Where in Pennsylvania are you? My son married a wonderful girl from Berwick 3 years ago, and they live there now in town. He loves it too; says they have 4 actual seasons there, not a 3 week winter and 11 months of humidity like we have down here in Georgia!

Add hot flashes to our 99* temps and we menopausal gals say 'we're having our own personal summer'.

miserable SB who can't wait for autumn

PM               
valpal59 
Posted: 03-Sep-2008, 09:21 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Mother nature has a cruel sense of humour. I went 10 months without a monthly thinking that 2 more months and I would be done with it all. Well thats what I get for thinking. LOL Just got done with a monthly so now I have to start all over. Sometimes being female is no fun at all.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]