Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Service Interuption / Live 365, Find out when we will be back online!
CelticRadio 
Posted: 02-Mar-2006, 06:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
256,043 Gold!

We are experiencing a technical issue with our broadcast. This should be resolved in 24-72 hours.

At issue is a change to the Live365 DNS server. It is hard to imagine that a company would not take the neccessary back-up steps and testing to insure that service will not be interupted for all of the variables.

Highlander Radio continues to remain online and broadcasting, so when this issue is resolved at Live365, you will all be able to tune in as soon as it is resolved.

From what I can tell by reading the Live365 broadcaster support blog, this change is related to some other changes involving new hardware / software that is going to make it an even better service. So once they get their housekeeping done we should be back up and running!

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 03-Mar-2006, 09:09 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
256,043 Gold!

Ok, here is the update.

As you know, Live365 made some changes to their servers. The type of changes they made takes a good number of days for all of the world's internet servers to update. It is sorta like changing your home address and not telling anyone!

No, Live365 has not gone belly up! They are still around and making constant upgrades to their hardware and software. They just did not plan this upgrade very well.

Our Radio Server was unable to access Live365. In fact, we could not even access the Live365 site, so that means none of the update scripts could even talk to Live365. We have made some changes to our Radio Server and Highlander Radio is communicating with Live365 and sending all of the radio information. We should be listed in the next 10 minutes.

As far as when Live365 will be available to everyone? That depends on your individual internet provider when they update their DNS records. There is nothing you can do, you will just have to wait for that to happen.

Ok, for those that want a quick fix and don't mind changing their computer settings proceed are your own risk. This is how we got the Highlander Radio Server back online with Live365 and it works perfectly. In fact, Live365 loads faster than ever now:

The new Live365 DNS is 216.235.80.35. If you want to try and update your computer to recognize the new Live365 server, then you can try the following procedure using the new DNS:

http://www.mediacollege.com/computer/network/dns.html

Again, please do not try this if you are unsure as I don't want to be responsible for messing up your internet connection! Live365 will be available in a few days if you can not access it. Also, this fixed worked for a Windows 2000 machine, I am not sure if it will work for XP or ME or a MAC.

Would appreciate hearing from people that can access Live365 and what ISP you use to connect.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Senara 
Posted: 03-Mar-2006, 11:22 AM
Quote Post

Musican/Ruler of the Dells/Warrior
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Caer Portshire, Mist Hollow

female

Paul,

at the moment I'm up and running. Both play list and audio through Windows Media Player. As far as ISP connection I don't know it's a T1 line here at work don't know who they buy the bandwith from.

--------------------
Senara-ism : Life is like a theatrical production only you get to be actor, director, and audience all at once. So break a leg, sit back and enjoy the show!

"When the waves are high and the light is dying, raise a glass and think of me..." -Gaelic Storm

Cha chòir dòrn a thoirt an aghaidh pòig.
A kiss ought not to be met with a fist.

Thig crioch air an saoghal, ach mairidh gaol is ceòl.
The world will pass away, but love and music last forever.

"I am a crazy, rabid squirrel! I want my cookies!" Hammy-Over the Hedge
PMEmail Poster               
Dogshirt 
Posted: 03-Mar-2006, 12:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

Paul,

I have been up the whole time, but as I am a carpenter, without much Tech knowledge I can't tell you more than I clicked on my usual button and it was there. walkman.gif

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 03-Mar-2006, 01:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
256,043 Gold!

Here is the latest update from Live365:

As of early this morning, we found that a good portion of those affected DNS have been corrected (a rough estimation is more than half).

And, yet, there are still some that are still stuck with wrong entries. According to our investigation, most of the remaining one will refresh the records late this afternoon, around 5 pm.

I think it would be safe to say that by Monday everything should be resolved on this issue and we will be at full capacity.
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 03-Mar-2006, 02:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
43,559 Gold!

Paul

As far as I know, I too have been up the whole time. I listen afternoons and early evenings (EST) and have had no trouble. My ISP is a small local outfit, WaveNet.

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 03-Mar-2006, 09:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
256,043 Gold!

As of 10:30 pm I am still unable to access Live365, but it seems the majority of people are able to access. Please note that there is a planned outage of Live365 from 9:30 p.m. to midnight on Saturday nite. This is for planned upgrades.

Here is the latest from Live365 with a brief explanation of the issue.

At 4:25 pm Pacific on Wednesday, we were doing a routine preparation for a new DNS server that was to be added during this weekend's scheduled
outage.* During this review, a vendor's application failed, which resulted in the erasure of all current DNS information.

We caught the problem immediately, and by 4:30 pm, our domain records were restored. The problem was that - during that window - the bad DNS was
pointing to an entry that was not resolvable. This propagated to some ISPs and suddenly any attempts to connect to Live365 from one of these affected
ISP resulted in a DNS failure.

This was compounded by the fact that this non-resolvable entry was set to expire in 48 hours, during which it rejected all network queries. Thus, the
fixes which we implemented at 4:30 on Wednesday would not be picked up until 4:30 on Fri.

We were in conversation with Network Solutions, who were able to specify these time frames, but were unable to override their 48-hour TTL ("Time To
Live") setting.

At this point, it appears that most DNS entries are now up-to-date. Please note that DNS changes can take up to 72 hours to propagate.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience during this frustrating time.

Thank you,
The Live365 Team

*The planned outage during which we will be adding this nameserver will continue as scheduled, on March 4 2006, at 9:30pm-midnight (Pacific).
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]