Muircheartach 
Posted: 23-Jan-2008, 11:11 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Sunny Sunnyvale, CA

male

QUOTE (pretentiouswombat @ 23-Jan-2008, 09:42 AM)
Has anyone seen The Waterhorse? My kids and I haven't been to see it yet and I'm wondering how it did and if it's still out. If it didn't fare that well in the theatres, we might as well wait until the DVD is released. It did look cute, though.

Hi Patti,

Yes, my wife and I saw it and we liked it very much! It's cute, but there's also some drama that's not over-done. Overall, the best review I can give is that I'm going to buy the DVD when it's released. BTW - both my wife and I saw this twice at the theater! In each showing, all the children watching seemed to really like the movie - there's a lot of good make-believe!

--------------------
Best cheers! Robbie
PMEmail Poster               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 23-Jan-2008, 11:16 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Georgia

female

OH, excellent! I'll check to see if it's still playing somewhere nearby. I thought it looked cute. Thanks for the review!

--------------------
Check out my new blog at www.dilettantesdilemma.blogspot.com
Patti, The Celtic Pretentious Wombat

Feel the Teal! The year is 1599, and a new musical sensation is sweeping the youth of England! Dude! Life is Good! Visit The Lost Boys Online
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 23-Jan-2008, 10:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

I didn't get to see Water Horse even though I very much wanted to so now I'm waiting for the Spiderwick Chronicles. The books themselves were written for younger fans of Harry Potter but the creatures (faeries, trolls, orges) look so good I plan on seeing this in the theatre. Reminds me of Labyrinth were you see things like flowers and then it turns out they are some kind of faerie creature. It looks really good. It should be out this Feb.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
dundee 
Posted: 24-Jan-2008, 12:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

i just saw "3:10 to yuma" (there was a horse or two in that)*L* even though i dont like russell crow cause he throws phones at people... but the movie was top notch.... reminded me of the old classic westerns like
"high noon" and "eldorado" etc.

--------------------
jim

www.greyaengus.com

"If I say something that can be interpreted in two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant it the other way."

often in error, never in doubt.

if guns kill people then my pencil mis-spells words
quote: larry the cable guy

sometimes what ya think ya want
isnt what ya thought ya wanted
till ya get what ya thought ya wanted
and then what ya had is gone....
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
garfieldpurrs 
Posted: 24-Jan-2008, 07:02 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Scotland

male

Saw both 3.10 To Yuma films, old and new and both pretty good.. well worth the watch..
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
garfieldpurrs 
Posted: 24-Jan-2008, 07:12 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Scotland

male

I have to say I am getting pretty sick of these idiot 20 something movies where it's cool to sit around all day with your idiot friends, smoke weed, do the bong, not even sure what entails.. swear a lot and .... no story!!!
"Stone & Ed" is probably the worst ever film I have seen in my life and not even a "bong", very unfunny, "Moving McAllister" not quite as bad but still not funny, several more which I can't even remember they were so bad... maybe the writer's strike isn't so bad if this is the drivel they come up with:)
CelticRoz 
Posted: 24-Jan-2008, 08:22 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Since I can't review the new movies, thought I would share the recent old ones I have watched lately on DVD.

The Nanny Diaries...very entertaining and good

Smoking Aces...........very gruesome, violent and probably one of the most stupid movies I have seen.

The Departed..........another very gruesome, violent and disturbing film.
leenie 
Posted: 28-Jan-2008, 01:48 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Devil Riders
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Illinois

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
39,355 Gold!

I saw 27 Dresses a couple of nights ago with a friend. It was a cute movie, but my friend and I found ourselves dozing off during the first half of the movie. Really slow start, a few laughs were heard from fellow movie goers. It wasn't a total waste of money, but not something I want to see again.
stoirmeil 
Posted: 28-Jan-2008, 02:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (garfieldpurrs @ 24-Jan-2008, 08:12 PM)
I have to say I am getting pretty sick of these idiot 20 something movies where it's cool to sit around all day with your idiot friends, smoke weed, do the bong, not even sure what entails.. swear a lot and .... no story!!!

With all due respect -- don't watch 'em. They ARE stupid and annoying and go-nowhere, and they aren't pitched at the likes of us anyway (generation-wise). There's enough else going on, right?

Waterhorse was a very nice bit of its kind -- The main actors look like real people, for one thing, and the scenery is -- well, how can you overpraise a Scottish loch for looks? I could wish the thing himself had a little less of an anthropomorphically human looking set of facial expressions -- over-cute sometimes; but all in all a nice kid's story, and beautiful to look at.

PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 28-Jan-2008, 04:38 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Watched "The Last King of Scotland" the other night. Seeing I am very stupid and uneducated about anything in Africa, I found this film both educational and got me me interested in learning more about the country of Africa. Really great film and great acting.
John Clements 
Posted: 29-Jan-2008, 01:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

Just saw “Michael Clayton”, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it wins best picture!

--------------------
We’re all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and that’s just what you’ll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

I’ll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

It’s a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If you’re looking for a new experience, don’t hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
jime307 
Posted: 31-Jan-2008, 10:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Jackson Hole, Wyoming USA

male

I saw Cloverfield, Juno, The buckect list, and Sweeny todd all in the last 2 weeks. Cloverfield was just, well, Blech! The way they did the camera was so annoying and it made you feel sick. The Bucket List was pretty good but it was kind of hard to watch if on one side you're next to an old couple constantly kissing, and on the other a bunch of teenage Girls. I actually saw Juno twice, once with a few of my friends and the other time with the Teenage girls from the bucket list lol, I really liked Sweeny Todd, It was pretty Graphic though singing was a bit odd, but still an enjoyable movie (if you dont mind the dark skies and bloody shaving.)

--------------------

St. Patrick's Day countdown banner
Rindy 
Posted: 31-Jan-2008, 11:11 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Celtic Rose, my family had to told me that was a good movie. But I still haven't seen it. I still think I would like bucket list.

Johnny what is Michael Clayton about?

I still like Last Legion

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Muircheartach 
Posted: 31-Jan-2008, 11:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Sunny Sunnyvale, CA

male

Hi all,

I'm on a business trip back east and missing my misses, so I decided to watch "Next" with Nick Cage last night - I don't know when this came out, but it was pretty good! It's about a man with psychic powers that is reluctantly recruited by the FBI to help find a nuclear device that the "bad guys" are going to explode in L.A. I won't give away the the film, but I guess I'll need to watch it again (I'm not leaving here until Saturday), since I don't remember why the baddies all speak with a French accent - I thought France was on our side this year? tongue.gif

I would recommend it - even at $9.95 on a hotel TV!

Have a nice week!
PMEmail Poster               
John Clements 
Posted: 01-Feb-2008, 05:46 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

Johnny what is Michael Clayton about?

I still like Last Legion

Slainte [/QUOTE]
Hi Rindy, Michael Clayton is about a lawyer who does the right thing in a cover up case, concerning an international chemical company. In a way it reminds me of the movie Network. The acting is totally believable.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]