Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )
   Mobile App

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Spring Is Just Around The Corner, Really..it is. Are you ready?
Bookmark and Share
MDF3530 
  Posted: 06-Mar-2005, 10:52 PM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

QUOTE (Rindy1202 @ 06-Mar-2005, 08:49 PM)
I know what you mean Val. I have run out of gas myself. We just need to get more gas somewhere.

Mike have you always had allergies? My sister got them when she was in her 30's.

Slainte

And here's to spring beer_mug.gif thumbsup.gif

I got them in high school sad.gif . I'm very sensitive to pollen & mold.

I'm not as bad off as some of my family members though. My dad is allergic to shrimp veins, my sister to stings, and my one of my aunts has several food allergies.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 06-Mar-2005, 11:22 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

female

Kind of makes life miserable huh? My favorite time of year is Autumn. I am allergic to smoke I used to smoke but quit several years ago. Now my nose plugs immediately to any form of smoke.. Around here were we burn wood for heat is a bummer.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Dreamer1 
Posted: 10-Mar-2005, 05:58 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

sad.gif I know Spring is just about here, at least officially. It says so on the calendar, and in my heart, but we never really see Spring weather until at least the end of April ( for a couple of teaser days). Cold comes back again then, and it stays until mid-May when we REALLY get our Spring. *sigh* (Drooling over my garden catalogs now).

Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
MDF3530 
  Posted: 10-Mar-2005, 06:15 PM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

QUOTE (Dreamer1 @ 10-Mar-2005, 04:58 PM)
sad.gif I know Spring is just about here, at least officially. It says so on the calendar, and in my heart, but we never really see Spring weather until at least the end of April ( for a couple of teaser days). Cold comes back again then, and it stays until mid-May when we REALLY get our Spring. *sigh* (Drooling over my garden catalogs now).

Dreamer1

That's how it is here in Chicago too...

I don't know whether to laugh or cry about that...
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 10-Mar-2005, 11:07 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

hey there dreamer and mike, good to see you posting. Yeah we are suppose to get snow may be Saturday who knows. I am drooling also. Oh we will be wishing for Autumn before we know it. The time to enjoy is this second. Hope you are doing fine. It will be the 21st before we know it. My body is already trying to stay awake longer I hate that..

Slainte and here's to gardening cheers.gif
PMEmail Poster               
valpal59 
Posted: 13-Mar-2005, 08:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Saturday was 80. The weather shouldn't be allowed to do that when it is still winter. Did a little housework and then said to heck with it and put the top down on the car and went cruising. I really want to take the cover off of the pool and start warming it up and start planting my flower bed. Mon. & Tues. are supposed to be cold and rainy w/possible snow. sad.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 14-Mar-2005, 01:24 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

I have noticed that a lot of my spring flowers are begining to show themselves. I want to get outside and rake all the mulch off of them, but I'm afraid that as soon as I do, we're get frost again!! So, I guess I'll wait another week or so. I have noticed that the wild daffodils are in full bloom. Always the first flowers around here.
Oh, valpal, I'm so envious that you are able to cruise with your top down. I just put collision insurance back on the ragtop Friday. I've probably jinxed us here in Kentucky. Now it's calling for snow showers tonight!! sad.gif

--------------------
With God............all things are possible
PMEmail Poster               
valpal59 
Posted: 10-Apr-2005, 11:48 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

I hope it is o.k. to put this here. Has anyone had any dealings with Michigan Bulb Co.. I bought alot of plants online with them. After a couple of days without a confirmation I e-mailed them. After several e-mails unanswered, I just told them to cancel my order if they received it. That got an answer. They had received my order and would be shipping in March. March comes and goes. On friday I e-mailed them again to see when my order would be shipped. Received an e-mail back saying they would investgate my request and get back to me in 24 hrs.. So far no answer. Starting to not be a happy camper. sad.gif
Sonee 
Posted: 10-Apr-2005, 11:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Nebraska

female

I haven't heard of them val, I order most of my stuff from either Gurney's or Burpees. Have you checked with the BBB website? Maybe this has happened before. Has the payment already been taken for them? If not perhaps you should tell them to cancel your order again and this time get with the bank to stop payment to them, just in case. You can always reorder if they happen to find it or pay for it if it actually shows up!

--------------------
Sonee

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke

"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 11-Apr-2005, 08:27 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (valpal 59 @ 10-Apr-2005, 09:48 AM)
I hope it is o.k. to put this here. Has anyone had any dealings with Michigan Bulb Co.. I bought alot of plants online with them. After a couple of days without a confirmation I e-mailed them. After several e-mails unanswered, I just told them to cancel my order if they received it. That got an answer. They had received my order and would be shipping in March. March comes and goes. On friday I e-mailed them again to see when my order would be shipped. Received an e-mail back saying they would investgate my request and get back to me in 24 hrs.. So far no answer. Starting to not be a happy camper. sad.gif

Hey there Val, I have dealt with them but it has been years ago. If you don't get your order threaten to turn them into the Direct Marketing Association that if nothing else will get your their attention.

Slainte Mhor
PMEmail Poster               
valpal59 
Posted: 16-Apr-2005, 07:24 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

Finally received the plants. A few of the plants were in good shape, the rest were pitiful. Got everything planted. Black Knight Butterfly bush is a small stem, doing o.k.. 3 out of 6 Maltese Cross still alive. 6 Ladies Mantle doing o.k.. 3 Lavender, have to wait and see about these. 6 Cardinal Flowers, still alive. 2 out of 18 Chameleon plants still alive. I will not use Michigan Bulb Co. again. Waiting for the greenhouse to open. Still have alot of flower bed to plant. It ended up bigger than the plan I started out with. Going today to get mulch and also set the flagstone I made. They turned out really well. Once I get the flagstone set, I can put my Celtic Cross out. Can't wait.
Rindy 
Posted: 16-Apr-2005, 12:25 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

I am so glad you finally got them. I know some companies ship when they think its when you should plant... I don't know if it was in this case or not..
Anyway now you can get them planted and watch their beauty..
Its great here today 60 degrees I am headed to pick up the dogs doings, oh boy..
Take a picture and post it when things are done.. I would love to see it..

Have a great day Val...

Slainte Mhor smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Avonlea22 
Posted: 16-Apr-2005, 01:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Wake Forest, NC

male

QUOTE (valpal 59 @ 10-Apr-2005, 01:48 PM)
I hope it is o.k. to put this here. Has anyone had any dealings with Michigan Bulb Co..

I wish I had seen this a little earlier.

Avoid Michigan Bulb like the plague!! Once you are on their mailing list, you'll be getting junk from them every week. Their plants, as you've found out, are pathetic. I've never had a good experience with them.

--------------------
le gach dea-mhéin
~Brian
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
valpal59 
Posted: 15-May-2005, 04:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

The new flower bed is done. For this year anyway. In a few years it will be nice, hopefully. Today I finished planting all of the empty pots on the patio. Did the front porch yesterday. All that is left to do is clean up the patio, get the fountain going and finish the phagola top on the patio. Forgot opening the swimming pool. Yes, life is good!!! biggrin.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt