Posted: 03-Mar-2008, 01:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Georgia

female

Well, I nursed all six of my crew so I'm contemplating enhancement just to fill things back out again. And, like you, Nara, I'm not looking for overabundance. I just want some sort of cleavage without having to buy a "push-up, shove-over" bra. I don't even care about the tummy tuck business. I'm still trying to lose a stubborn 20 pounds that I gained back over the past 4 years (actually, I lost 40 and 30 crept back - I did lose ten of that last year). I have a friend who works for one of the hospitals nearby and she's going to check with some of her coworkers who hang out together and have had different types of plastic surgery done to see for a recommendation of a good doctor for me.

I have already had my eyelids done and that was free. What a perk - it was when I had the Guillian-Barre and my eyelids became so droopy that it was affecting my peripheral vision. So, the insurance covered it completely. My ophthalmologist did a great job and it really made a difference.

--------------------
Check out my new blog at www.dilettantesdilemma.blogspot.com
Patti, The Celtic Pretentious Wombat

Feel the Teal! The year is 1599, and a new musical sensation is sweeping the youth of England! Dude! Life is Good! Visit The Lost Boys Online
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
Elspeth 
Posted: 03-Mar-2008, 03:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

Just caught up on what the women are talking about. Seems to me when the thread was started sooo long ago, we were discussing menopause! biggrin.gif

I keep thinking I must be getting there, then I realize I'm bitchy because my husband's an idiot. laugh.gif

Heard a commedianne say she's personally responsible for global warming. Al Gore's been following her around for years.

As to the plastic surgery question, I've actually looked into having a reduction done. Would be so nice to a nice comfortable C.

So, who are the women liking for President?

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 04-Mar-2008, 12:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

I'm not liking anybody but I'll go for the lesser of the three evils and end up voting for McCain, I guess.

valpal59 
Posted: 05-Mar-2008, 10:31 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

I don't like any of them. I still don't know who I will vote for come November.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 05-Mar-2008, 11:39 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

Well, I decided to do something about my mood swings - they may be fairly infrequent (a couple times a month) but they are not pleasant for me or my loved one. Last night I got so ornery and just generally restless that I felt I couldn't find any way to just relax. I was so restless that I just sort of wanted to get away from me. I tried reading for a while but got bored with that, ended up in tears throwing my book across the room (and, if you know me, you'd know that it's a mortal sin to abuse a book like that!).

So, I called my OB/GYN this morning and...get this...he took the time to talk with me when I called, not waiting until the end of the day to call me back. So, okay, he's known me for over 25 years and delivered 4 of my kids - yeah, he knows me pretty well. And he is the best about calling me back - but usually after regular office hours. So, I was very pleased that he had taken time out to talk to me right then. Also, his secretary is to be praised for putting me through to him instead of just taking a message. (I just love this doctor's practice).

I chatted with him for a while, discussed the lack of most other menopausal symptoms except occasional insomnia and asked about going back on antidepressants (I've been off them for a couple of years) just to deal with my mood swings. We came to the decision that I'll try the generic prozac to see how I do on that - I took it back in '95 after the Guillain-Barre and have gone through several others, but we'll see how things go with it and take things from there. I just want some control over going from supernice to superbitch. I mean, seriously, my books (and my SO) are suffereing and don't need to deal with it either.

ctbard 
Posted: 07-Mar-2008, 11:12 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Connecticut

female

I didnt do well on Prozac, Lexapro helped me out ALOT! and I dint have any funky side effects.

--------------------
The devil whispered behind the leaves, it's pretty but is it art?
Rudyard Kipling
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 07-Mar-2008, 11:57 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

I'm hoping the prozac does okay. I was taking Lexapro a couple of years ago and it just sort of lost its efficacy. Now, if I lose weight as a side effect, I'll be good with that. wink.gif
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 09-Mar-2008, 05:19 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

QUOTE (UlsterScotNutt @ 26-Feb-2008, 01:18 PM)
I'm sorry I peeked!!! Couldn't help myself. May God bless all womandom!!!!! I know I thank God for my beloved of 28 years. To all mothers, sisters, daughters a big hoora and thanks.
Ok I'm out of here and won't peek again.

I just luv a man that peeks!!!! and admits it!!! biggrin.gif

I have been seriously thinking about asking the dr. for some type of antidepressant that will help me get thru this stage in my life. One that won't cause me to loose interest in my sex life and gain weight. Any suggestions? I have a sister in law that's been on prozac for several years and what a change it made with her personality, from being bitchy to a very sweet woman that I can enjoy being around.
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
ctbard 
Posted: 10-Mar-2008, 08:29 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Yeah I heard from someone elsr that the lexepro lost it umpff with them.I hope that doesnt happen to me as the other ones made me feel "Tense".I'm on a very low dosage. I thinks it's 5 mg, or maybe it's not mg's, something else.
ANd how dare you peek Ulsterscotnutt!!! I'm going to tell your wife!
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 10-Mar-2008, 08:39 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

female

Have any of you ladies tried the new detox pads that you put on your feet? I've seen it advertised on tv and @ Avon. Is this a rip off or what!!! unsure.gif
ctbard 
Posted: 11-Mar-2008, 06:42 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

I've seen the commercials on tv, it looks fake the amount of stuff that comes off on them, I would still like to try them though.
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 11-Mar-2008, 11:15 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

Back to the prozac - boy, this weekend I felt like The Lost Weekend. I just wanted to sleep, wake up, and go back to sleep. I'm sure this will even out sometime but I am glad I had nothing pressing to do for a couple of days. And I'm cutting back on caffeine at the same time so I am just doing the 24-hour yawn. Last night I was in bed around 9 and slept for a couple hours, got up and read for a little bit, then went back to sleep until nearly 8 this morning. I've been up for about 5 hours and I'm already looking forward to a nap when I get home.

But, hey, I'm not cranky. wink.gif
ctbard 
Posted: 11-Mar-2008, 11:17 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

I felt like that this weekend, but with me it was the clock change.And I still feel "Off".
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 14-Mar-2008, 08:40 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

I think last night was the first night that I slept somewhat normally. I didn't take anything (no Tylenol PM) and I actually slept pretty well. I've cut my caffeine intake down to just one cup of either coffee or tea in the morning, too.

People keep calling the office and hanging up this morning. Good grief. (Just had another one do it as I was typing this)

So, today I've got to run by the hospital on my way home because my eldest son is having surgery for his deviated septum. He should be going in for it right about now, as a matter of fact. Fortunately, he's at the hospital near my house so it's not even out of the way to drop by. It's an outpatient procedure (what isn't nowadays?) so he's supposed to be there for 5 hours. This is my son, the photographer, and he's having this done while he still has insurance at Wally World, his employer for the past hmmm... many years. Once he goes full-time as a freelancer, there's no telling what kind of insurance he'll end up with, so he figured he'd just get this done now. For the next couple of weeks, he's got a lot of Photoshop work to do on his Star Wars book so that's how he'll be spending his recovery time.

I guess that's about it for now. I'll just hang out here for a while to see who drops by the forums. Happy Friday!
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 03-Apr-2008, 08:11 AM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

female

HI, I hope all you ladies are well. I am sooooo looking forward to the warm days of spring. Since the clock has changed daylight hours are longer and I am feeling so much better and perkier biggrin.gif Everyone have a great day!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]