Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Tampa Florida

male

QUOTE (Emmet @ 27-Jul-2006, 09:37 PM)

Not radical at all; just your average, banal, garden-variety religious bigot and racist.

"By the way Emmet, as a former Firefighter I hope you havn't forgotten the 343 fallen commrads who were murdered by Muslim extremist on 9/11 who's blood now cries out!"

That's a non sequitur. 9/11 was perpetrated by Al Queda (not Hesbollah, Hammas, Lebanon, et al.), 15 of the 19 hijackers were Saudi Arabian (our allies), none were Lebanese. According to fatwa's issued by Osama bin Laden himself, the attacks were motivated by (among other things) America's unstinting support for Israel in the occupation of the occupied territories and oppression of the Palestinian people, and the invasion of Lebanon in 1982, which are actually legitimate grievances. Their blood no more "cries out" for the destruction of Lebanon, Palestine, or Iraq than it does for the destruction of Kansas.

You just better watch who you're calling a racist and a biggot! My family is Middle Eastern! Thank You! My best friend is a Muslim Kurd from Iran. So until YOU KNOW ME enogh to call what you will GET IT RIGHT.

--------------------
ALL4114Christ!

343 Their blood cries out! NEVER FORGET 9/11!

The 2nd Ammendment. The original Homeland Security!

"To those who would follow laws; laws need not apply. Those who would not follow laws; laws will have no affect upon."

Plato

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis
PMEmail Poster                
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 27-Jul-2006, 09:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

You know Dog or Emmet both don't wan't to answer the question if they know anyone who was born in the Middle East since Israels birth.
PMEmail Poster                
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 27-Jul-2006, 09:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (Dogshirt @ 27-Jul-2006, 09:58 PM)
Some people just seem to understand that "God" has absolutely nothing to do with the murder being perpatrated by Isreal!

So you think that they'll leave us alone if we stop supporting Israel?
PMEmail Poster                
Dogshirt 
Posted: 27-Jul-2006, 09:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

We didn't have this problem BEFORE Isreal. What makes you think they WON'T?

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
haynes9 
Posted: 28-Jul-2006, 12:47 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

QUOTE (Emmet @ 27-Jul-2006, 08:37 PM)

" They're Gods people and if I sound like a radical fine..."

Not radical at all; just your average, banal, garden-variety religious bigot and racist.

Hey Emmet.

What's the deal with the name calling? I realize this quote was not mine, but I happen to take a literal view of the Scriptures myself. I don't mind at all entering into a reasonable and even heated discussion, but the name calling is pretty junior high.

Dogshirt and I probably disagree on virtually every political issue, but I don't recall us ever getting into accusations of bigotry and racism.

I happen to live on the Navajo Nation and I do so on purpose. Feel free to check with the folks I work with and find out if I ma racist. I don't think you're a jerk for disagreeing with me. That's fine. You have a right to your viewpoint. Can we do so in a manner that is respectful?

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 28-Jul-2006, 05:09 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (Dogshirt @ 27-Jul-2006, 10:15 PM)
We didn't have this problem BEFORE Isreal. What makes you think they WON'T?

beer_mug.gif

Hummmmm. Well lets see. What happened a few mounths ago when those cartoons of Mohammad were published in Denmark? Denmark doesn't send troops to the wars against them. However because of a few cartoons a few nations broke off diplomatic relations with Denmark. On top of that in Seria, Lebanon and other places, they burned the Danish, Swedish and Norwegin embassies. So yes you are right. It's only Israel. Lets not talk about what the Turks did to Armenia. The Turks said it's the Muslim duty to wage war on the non Muslim nations. At that time the whole reagon was Ottoman controlled and after WW1 they lost big. There is a whole lot more but I asked it once and I'll ask it again. Do you know anyone who lived over there? Obviously you know nothing about the Middle East mindset.
PMEmail Poster                
Dogshirt 
Posted: 28-Jul-2006, 05:22 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

Actually I do, including Palestinians and Lebanese.

beer_mug.gif
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 28-Jul-2006, 05:32 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (Dogshirt @ 28-Jul-2006, 06:22 AM)

beer_mug.gif

Well so do I they're my family who consist of Palistinian, Jordanian, Lebanese, and Syrain. They will all tell you the same thing I've been telling you. Leaving them alone and stopping the support of Israel will never stop those psycos Muslim extreamist who are hell bent on world domionation of Islam. One of my best friends who is a Muslim Kurd from Iran agrees. cool.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 28-Jul-2006, 05:36 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (Dogshirt @ 28-Jul-2006, 06:22 AM)

beer_mug.gif

Plus while we are at it Dog, how about those cartoons in Denmark? We all saw how those folks reacted. I've seen worse pictures drawn of Jesus and I don't see the same thing happening anywhere and if anything does happen it is usually so small its not noticed.
PMEmail Poster                
Emmet 
Posted: 28-Jul-2006, 05:53 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: Clearwater, FL

male

What's the deal with the name calling?...the name calling is pretty junior high.

"long before Israel became a country again, many Arab tribal chieftans sold off to Jews from around the globe land thast they thought was worthless desert and swamp but the Jews engineered the land to make it fertal. Then the Arabs turned around and tried to say that they the Jews stole it!"
"God is on the side of Israel... Israels very existance today was forseen in the Bible."

"these Muslims are hell bent on the destruction of Israel and hate them passionatly. Israel has tried to move on peacefully in the past but it's these Muslim freaks who won't let that happen. How can you bargin with people, Muslims..."

"What you don't get is these people don't think like we do here. It's a totally different mindset these Muslims have. I KNOW!" Nova Scotian

rac·ism noun
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2 : racial prejudice or discrimination

big·ot noun
a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

Not "name calling"; merely an observation, based upon Nova Scotian's own broad, sweeping, inaccurate and less-than-complimentary overgeneralizations, and the common usages of the terms according to Merriam-Webster.

If the jackboot fits...

--------------------
PMEmail Poster               
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 28-Jul-2006, 06:29 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (Emmet @ 28-Jul-2006, 06:53 AM)

"long before Israel became a country again, many Arab tribal chieftans sold off to Jews from around the globe land thast they thought was worthless desert and swamp but the Jews engineered the land to make it fertal. Then the Arabs turned around and tried to say that they the Jews stole it!"
"God is on the side of Israel... Israels very existance today was forseen in the Bible."

"these Muslims are hell bent on the destruction of Israel and hate them passionatly. Israel has tried to move on peacefully in the past but it's these Muslim freaks who won't let that happen. How can you bargin with people, Muslims..."

"What you don't get is these people don't think like we do here. It's a totally different mindset these Muslims have. I KNOW!" Nova Scotian

rac·ism noun
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2 : racial prejudice or discrimination

big·ot noun
a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

Not "name calling"; merely an observation, based upon Nova Scotian's own broad, sweeping, inaccurate and less-than-complimentary overgeneralizations, and the common usages of the terms according to Merriam-Webster.

If the jackboot fits...

Don't try to justyify what you said! I don't care if you disagree with me but offend me which was what you seemed to be trying to do, I don't take that very well. I don't call ANYONE names in here! YOU were wrong in what you called me! Don't try to justify it in the meaning of the words.
PMEmail Poster                
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 28-Jul-2006, 06:31 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

Not "name calling"; merely an observation, based upon Nova Scotian's own broad, sweeping, inaccurate and less-than-complimentary overgeneralizations, and the common usages of the terms according to Merriam-Webster

Inaccurate? Obviously YOU don't know anyone who has had to live overthere!
PMEmail Poster                
Emmet 
Posted: 28-Jul-2006, 08:43 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: Clearwater, FL

male

So, you're saying that if I used precisely the same fallacious reasoning (or lack therof) to so broadly paint Jews, or Christians, or Blacks, or Hispanics with the same nasty brush, the terms "bigot" or "racist" wouldn't come to mind, or is it only properly applicable to Muslims and/or Arabs?
PMEmail Poster               
Herrerano 
Posted: 28-Jul-2006, 09:24 AM
Quote Post

Lord of the Isthmus, Keeper of the Holy Barbecue
Group Icon

Group: Galicia
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Republica de Panamá

male

I realize this may be out of place here in this discussion biggrin.gif, but I came across this
and it seems to be in line with the original topic here.

Lebanon's Premature Liberalism "This is not Norway here, and it is not Denmark." --Lebanese Christian militia leader Bashir Gemayel.

Worth reading.

Leo cool.gif

--------------------

Consistency. It's only a virtue if you're not a screwup.

Ita erat quando hic adveni.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunatley it kills all its pupils. - Hector Berlioz

"No matter where you go, there you are." - R. Young

¡Visté! ¡Te lo dijé!
PMEmail Poster               
SCShamrock 
Posted: 28-Jul-2006, 11:56 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Gamecock Country

male

Emmet, I'm intrugued. You seem to have educated yourself quite extensively on what you view as Israel's atrocities, while trying to generate a comprehensive list of the military capabilities for them and others in the region. I wonder, have done an equal amount of research on the various Muslim groups and their atrocities? We all err in lumping them in under one title..."terrorists." There are many sources out there, but I would like to know if you are even aware of the breadth and scope of violence perpetrated in the name of Allah. Also, I'm very curious about your signature. What does it mean?

Here, if you do not already have a source to use, try this one.

For any that choose not to click on my link, the list quotes a line from the Qur'an:

QUOTE (Qur'an @ Sura 9:5)
Fight and slay the Unbelievers wherever ye find them.  Seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem of war.

--------------------
The peculiar evil of silencing the expression of an opinion is, that it is robbing the human race; posterity as well as the existing generation; those who dissent from the opinion, still more than those who hold it. If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth: if wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by its collision with error. ~John Stuart Mill, On Liberty, 1859

Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge.
~Mark Twain
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]