> The Left Behind Series, Open discussion
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 15-Apr-2005, 09:09 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

female

That's a good idea, a 'companion' book... sure would help me keep the characters and plot lines straight.

SB

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 22-Apr-2005, 01:45 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Hello again!

Well, I bought the 10th anniversary edition of Left Behind, and according to the timeline in the back of the book, here are the projected realease for the new books:

The Left Behind prequel trilogy:

The Rising - Book 1 - Already available, I'm eagerly awaiting the papberback version!
Book 2 - Winter 2005
Book 3 - Summer 2006

The Left Behind sequel:

Spring 2007

I don't know about you, but I can't wait! smile.gif

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 24-May-2005, 06:50 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

male

QUOTE (WizardofOwls @ 12-Apr-2005, 01:01 AM)
I wish they would come out with a book they could call The Left Behind Companion. In it they could provide plot summaries for all bollks in all 4 series, as well as detailed looks at all of the major characters. It could serve as a combiantion Left Behind Who's Who, atlas, dictionary and encyclopedia, detailing all of the people, places, and events in all of the books. It could even feature a comparative timeline showing where the events in all 4 series occur in relation to events in the other books. Maybe someday! smile.gif

Hello there!

I was in our local Barnes and Noble today, and it appears that mywish has been answered, at least in part.

There is a new book out called The Authorized Left Behind Handbook by LaHaye, Jenkins, and Sandi L. Swanson. I didn't have enough money to get it today (but rest assured, I WILL have a copy! wink.gif ) but I did glance through it while I was in the store. It looks as though it has everything I was hoping for except for the fact that it only covers the original 12 book series, not the Left Behind: The Kids books, The Rising (the first book in the prequel trilogy) or any of the books in either the politcal or military spin-offs. Oh well, I guess beggars can't be choosers! smile.gif
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 08-Jun-2005, 06:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Tampa Florida

male

I've read them all and I too think God is really doing something. Now at the same time those books aren't gospel. We need to keep an open mind as well as a clean Spirit.

--------------------
ALL4114Christ!

343 Their blood cries out! NEVER FORGET 9/11!

The 2nd Ammendment. The original Homeland Security!

"To those who would follow laws; laws need not apply. Those who would not follow laws; laws will have no affect upon."

Plato

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis
PMEmail Poster                
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 03-Jul-2005, 01:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (Nova Scotian @ 08-Jun-2005, 08:27 PM)
I've read them all and I too think God is really doing something. Now at the same time those books aren't gospel. We need to keep an open mind as well as a clean Spirit.

You're right - the books are fiction, not gospel... and while they do present an intriguing idea of what it might be like, I try to remember they're mainly just good story-telling.

I got a little devotional book about two weeks ago written by Jenkins & LaHaye, and it had some entries that contain their end-theories condensed. In one, they say that the Rapture itself has no signs to indicate when its about to happen (so, it could literally happen any day now) but that there will be 7 years between the Rapture of the church/believers and the return of Jesus to earth. That event, the return of Christ, is the event that has so many predictions associated with it, they say... apparently a lot of the predictions found in the Bible will come to pass during those 7 years, like the 'desecretation that causes desolation', etc. etc...

I have tried to make sense of Revelations and piece it together with the end-time prophecies found elsewhere in the Bible, but its just too much for my itty bitty brain to process! rolleyes.gif And the way I figure it, when the Rapture happens I'm ready. Maybe the LaHaye/Jenkins duo are right, oh well!

SB
(who thought it was going to be very noisy when the Rapture occurs, but that's not the way the Left Behind movie showed it... oh well again...)

This post has been edited by Siobhan Blues on 03-Jul-2005, 01:55 PM
PM               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 08-Nov-2005, 02:02 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

male

Hi everybody!

Just a few bits and pieces for you.

The Rising, the first book in the LB prequel trilogy, is now out in paperback for anyone who is interested.

Necessary Evils, the third book in Neesa Hart's political LB spin-off series, is also available.

Lastly, I just found out that World at War, the third movie in the LB series, is now out. I saw it in Wal-Mart the other day but have not yet had a chance to buy it. A friend of mine said that she saw it at her church. She said that Clarence Gilyard, the black guy who played Pastor Barnes and who was also on the Walker, Texas Ranger series, did not return for this one. sad.gif Oh well.. He will be missed...

Also I recently found out something that I did not know... Kirk Cameron, the guy who plays Buck Williams, is married to Chelsea Noble, the blonde lady who plays Hattie Durham!

Anyway, until next time, take care and God bless!
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 08-Nov-2005, 04:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (WizardofOwls @ 08-Nov-2005, 03:02 PM)
Also I recently found out something that I did not know... Kirk Cameron, the guy who plays Buck Williams, is married to Chelsea Noble, the blonde lady who plays Hattie Durham!

They met when they both were on the tv show "Growing Pains" (1985-1992)! I think its sweet they're still together & have a family now.
PM               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 10-Nov-2005, 11:14 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

male

Hello again!

A friend of mine brought a Christian book catalog to work yesterday. While glancing through it, I saw the second book in the LB prequel trilogy, The Regime, for sale in hardback. I have not seen this book in the stores here in my area, so if you're interested you might want to look around your local bookstores or maybe on the internet. Might make a nice Christmas present for those LB fans on your shopping list!

Take care and God bless!
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 14-Feb-2006, 10:33 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

I've read all of the series and everyone who I've passed it on to said once they started reading they couldn't put it down. I think God did a big work through those books. I do though encourage those who have read those books and are inspired to read their Bible because those books as great as they are, arn't Gospel.
PMEmail Poster                
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 14-Feb-2006, 03:16 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

male

Hi there!

I hate to, but I have to say that I disagree. I think they follow exactly what the Bible says the End Times will be like. I have found nothing that goes against my beliefs. I guess it just depends on the interpetation of Scripture that your denomination teaches and/or your own personal interpretation.
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 14-Feb-2006, 07:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (WizardofOwls @ 14-Feb-2006, 04:16 PM)
Hi there!

I hate to, but I have to say that I disagree. I think they follow exactly what the Bible says the End Times will be like. I have found nothing that goes against my beliefs. I guess it just depends on the interpetation of Scripture that your denomination teaches and/or your own personal interpretation.

Oh don't get me wrong. They are Biblical in every sense. I was just saying that they shouldn't replace the Bible as the direction and the instruction book for life.
PMEmail Poster                
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 14-Feb-2006, 08:45 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

male

Ahhh! Okay! Then we agree! Sorry, I misunderstood you. And I agree with you. They are good for entertainment purposes, and even as a demonstration of how it might happen, but they are only fiction.
Celtic cat 
Posted: 15-Feb-2006, 01:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Florida

female

Those books seriously are addicting. I'm afraid to read them. My "eventually will be" mother in law is obsessed. She got one book and read it in about two days. As soon as she is done she buys another. Then she reads that in a day and a half, and she has never lost a beat since they came out. Crazy! smile.gif But hey as long as the author has a book coming out we always know what to get her.

--------------------
*~Extinction is Forever~*

"For Those Who Can't Speak, We Must" -Tiger Creek
http://www.tigercreek.org/

"Man is born free, but is everywhere in chains."
~Jean-Jacques Rousseau

*Cha shoirbh triubhas a chur air cat.
It’s not easy to put trews on a cat.* CR

user posted image
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 20-Jul-2006, 10:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

I've read and enjoyed most of the LB series and the movies are fun to watch. I just hope they do all the books. One book that I would recmmend that has been turned into a movie is Joshua. easy reading series of books and I hope the movies continue. I'm also hoping that they will make Hind's Feet upon High Places into a movie someday. If you like the Narnia series you will like Hind's Feet.
But if you want a really good pair of books than read Conceived without Sin and House of Gold by Bud Mcfarlane. The storyline is what if Y2K and the end times really happened and you were Catholic. They are free from http:/www.Catholicity.com. He has a third book which kind of ties in but you can read it as seperate story.
On a side note, Alot of people have heard of the rapture but how many have heard of the three days of darkness. This is a Catholic version of the end times and its not for the fainthearted.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 21-Dec-2006, 04:54 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

Has anyone see the new game? I haven't played it. I've heard it getting critized for the violence. It's a real time strategy game.
PMEmail Poster                
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]