Posted: 06-Oct-2004, 07:34 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacOak

Realm: northern Canada - somewhere between the treeline and civilisation

male

Just for the curious out there . . .

did anyone notice in the outdoor UN scenes in the Left Behind movie, that there is a row of flags supposedly representing the member nations of the UN. However, if there any among us who know there Canadian provinces, these were actually all flags of Canada's provinces! The movie was filmed in Toronto. tongue.gif

Alan, I have read Perretti and he is a very solid writer. Give him a try. You'll find nothing to bother you in his theology - he's quite conservative.

Rory
PMEmail Poster               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 27-Nov-2004, 06:03 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

QUOTE (MacAibhistin @ 06-Oct-2004, 09:34 PM)
However, if there any among us who know there Canadian provinces, these were actually all flags of Canada's provinces! The movie was filmed in Toronto. tongue.gif

Alan, I have read Perretti and he is a very solid writer. Give him a try. You'll find nothing to bother you in his theology - he's quite conservative.

Hiya Rory!

Thanks for the info about the movie! I did noat know that the film was made in Canada! I love watching movies and catching little hidden nuggets like this in them!

Also, thanks for the info on Perretti! A friend of mine at work loaned me a coipy of This Present Darkenss which I hope to read very soon. I would be reading it now., but I just got Glorious Appearing and am too busy devouring it to read anything else just now! smile.gif

By the way, for anyone who might be interested, the latest installments in both LB spinoffs are on sale now!

Impeachable Offense is the newest book in Nessa Hart's political spinoff, and Apocalypse Burning is the newest book in Mel Odom's military series!

Well, I guess thats it for now! Keep your eyes upon the eastern sky! I don't think it will be much longer now!

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
maryellen 
Posted: 28-Nov-2004, 08:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: England
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Saint Louis, Missouri, USA

female

I love these books! Do I agree with their view of the end of the world? No. But it is an entertaining series that is appropriate for teens and up.
After reading the first book, I couldn't stop and read the next 10 within two months. After that, I had to wait a little while for "The Glorious Appearing". Not exactly a surprise ending, but I couldn't wait.
I also love these books because they got me interested in the Bible much more than my 9 years of "Catholic education" combined.

--------------------
Seize the time,. . .live now, make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again- Star Trek TNG

"The report of my death was an exaggeration."
-Mark Twain, After reading his own obituary, June 2, 1897

If you ever have a world, plan ahead, don't eat it! - Star Trek TNG
PMEmail Poster               
dbull 
Posted: 03-Dec-2004, 11:12 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

male

I've read all 12 and I loved them and almost everyone I talked to that have read them loved them. I personally think it's a sign of the times. I'm not saying that those books are as it will all unfold. No, even the authors say the books are fiction and should not be a subsitute for the truth, aka, the Bible. thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail Poster               
maryellen 
Posted: 03-Dec-2004, 06:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: England
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Saint Louis, Missouri, USA

female

I heard about a new series (or book?) on the radio called "The Last Apostle" by Hank Hannagraff. I probably spelled his name wrong. But from what I heard, his premise is that the sign of the end times has already occurred: Nero, the mark of the beast, deceivers etc. with the fall of Jerusalem centuries ago.
Do I believe it? no. But I do find it an interesting argument.
PMEmail Poster               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 28-Mar-2005, 08:26 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

male

Just wanted to let everyone know that the newest book in the Left Behind series is now out in hardback. It is called The Rising and is actually a prequel to the series, describing events in the lives of Rayford Steele and Nicholae Carpathia, from childhood on. I don't know much about it yet. I haven't bought it since I usually wait for the books to come out in paperback. If anyone buys and reads it, though, please let us know how it is!
RivDan 
Posted: 29-Mar-2005, 01:17 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacElder

female

Hello All! I too am a big fan of the Left Behind Series. I read all 12 books in 2002-2003. I also saw the movie Left Behind ith Kirk Cameron. I also enjoy Vanished and APOCALYPSE both runoffs of each other featuring pastor John Hagee. I love Omega Code, Megiddo, Judgement Day, Tribulation, Revelation. I love End Times stuff! I look forward to when Jesus comes back.

--------------------
Cameron Clan Roots, but an Heir to Jesus the King of Kings
PMEmail Poster               
RivDan 
Posted: 29-Mar-2005, 01:18 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacElder

female

QUOTE (MacAibhistin @ 06-Oct-2004, 08:34 PM)
Just for the curious out there . . .

did anyone notice in the outdoor UN scenes in the Left Behind movie, that there is a row of flags supposedly representing the member nations of the UN. However, if there any among us who know there Canadian provinces, these were actually all flags of Canada's provinces! The movie was filmed in Toronto. tongue.gif

Rory

LOL Great Knight! king.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 30-Mar-2005, 10:05 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (WizardofOwls @ 28-Mar-2005, 09:26 PM)
Just wanted to let everyone know that the newest book in the Left Behind series is now out in hardback. It is called The Rising and is actually a prequel to the series, describing events in the lives of Rayford Steele and Nicholae Carpathia, from childhood on. I don't know much about it yet...

Well I'm so out of touch, I didn't know there WAS a prequel! rolleyes.gif Thanks for letting me/us know. My daughter has enjoyed the Left Behind series... come to think of it, she recently purchased a book-on-tape of the next book she wanted to read in the series and has been listening to it when she's driving to work or to the barn. I listened to part of it with her one day and it sounds like a radio programme from the old days.

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
RivDan 
Posted: 30-Mar-2005, 04:19 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacElder

female

QUOTE (Siobhan Blues @ 30-Mar-2005, 11:05 AM)
Well I'm so out of touch, I didn't know there WAS a prequel! rolleyes.gif Thanks for letting me/us know. My daughter has enjoyed the Left Behind series... come to think of it, she recently purchased a book-on-tape of the next book she wanted to read in the series and has been listening to it when she's driving to work or to the barn. I listened to part of it with her one day and it sounds like a radio programme from the old days.

Hey, fellow sister in Christ! We meet again! I know of the Rising. I haven't had a chance to purchase it yet. I will soon though. God Bless You.

Your sister in Christ

Janet
PMEmail Poster               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 31-Mar-2005, 04:43 AM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

male

QUOTE (RivDan @ 30-Mar-2005, 05:19 PM)
Hey, fellow sister in Christ! We meet again! I know of the Rising. I haven't had a chance to purchase it yet. I will soon though. God Bless You.

Your sister in Christ

Janet

Hi Janet! If you do buy it and read it, let us know how it is, okay?
RivDan 
Posted: 31-Mar-2005, 09:55 AM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacElder

female

QUOTE (WizardofOwls @ 31-Mar-2005, 05:43 AM)
QUOTE (RivDan @ 30-Mar-2005, 05:19 PM)

Your sister in Christ

Janet

Hi Janet! If you do buy it and read it, let us know how it is, okay?

Aye Aye Wizard!
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 07-Apr-2005, 04:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

I wish some really great director would take some more of the Left Behind books and make them into movies. The first movie was okay, but I thought the second one looked a bit amateurish in its final form.

With a big budget and the use of some of Industrial Light & Magic's special effects, some of the LB stories could scare the pants off folks. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
PM               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 11-Apr-2005, 11:01 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

male

Just wanted to let everyone know that I found out today that The Rising is actaully only the first book in a prequel trilogy! Cool! I thought the series was over, and now I have three new books to look forward to! Four if you include the sequel that won't be out until 2007 (I believe).

Also, there is a new, 10th anniversary edition of Left Behind on the market. It includes a fold-out timeline of the series as well as intervies with Jenkins and LaHaye and other features. Rest assured I will be buying a copy this week! biggrin.gif

I wish they would come out with a book they could call The Left Behind Companion. In it they could provide plot summaries for all bollks in all 4 series, as well as detailed looks at all of the major characters. It could serve as a combiantion Left Behind Who's Who, atlas, dictionary and encyclopedia, detailing all of the people, places, and events in all of the books. It could even feature a comparative timeline showing where the events in all 4 series occur in relation to events in the other books. Maybe someday! smile.gif

RivDan 
Posted: 12-Apr-2005, 01:15 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacElder

female

QUOTE (WizardofOwls @ 12-Apr-2005, 12:01 AM)
Just wanted to let everyone know that I found out today that The Rising is actaully only the first book in a prequel trilogy! Cool! I thought the series was over, and now I have three new books to look forward to! Four if you include the sequel that won't be out until 2007 (I believe).

Also, there is a new, 10th anniversary edition of Left Behind on the market. It includes a fold-out timeline of the series as well as intervies with Jenkins and LaHaye and other features. Rest assured I will be buying a copy this week! biggrin.gif

I wish they would come out with a book they could call The Left Behind Companion. In it they could provide plot summaries for all bollks in all 4 series, as well as detailed looks at all of the major characters. It could serve as a combiantion Left Behind Who's Who, atlas, dictionary and encyclopedia, detailing all of the people, places, and events in all of the books. It could even feature a comparative timeline showing where the events in all 4 series occur in relation to events in the other books. Maybe someday! smile.gif

All sounds good to me.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]