free2Bme 
Posted: 11-Jul-2003, 04:51 PM
Quote Post

Queen of Janetania

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Gulf Coast of Florida

female

Well sit here and enjoy your snack, sweetie, and I will go get the things we will need to take out to the cemetary, okay? I cooed to him, then made a quick exit through the kitchen and up the back stairs.

I put the blood of a virgin in a mason jar with the lid screwed on real tight into a carbaord box, Then I put the 6 candles, and the Big Book of Spells into the box, a couple of matches..

Oh what else was it that I needed? Oh yeah, a knife or dagger...

I have just the thing! I reached into my garb closet and came out with my matched set of Spanish rapiers! That will do quite nicely.
I looked out the small window of my bedroom, and I could see the light of the full moon behind the slow moving clouds. It will be midnight in a couple more hours - then it's show time!

With the rapiers in one hand (I know I shouldn't carry them by the blades, but they are SCA rapiers and therefore not sharp) and the carboard box under my other arm, I went back down the back steps into the kitchen.

Firth was still sitting there chowing down on the food, still grumbling something about needing garlic, but he looked happy enough. I heard him say something about not thinking I should have anything to do with someone in between bites of his food.

Whenever you are ready to go, dear, I'm ready too. I smiled at him. Who are you talking to?

http://www.triplette.com/Theatrical%20Fenc...ing/Default.htm

--------------------
RPG Anne O'Calahan
PMEmail Poster               
Herrerano 
Posted: 11-Jul-2003, 05:17 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Isthmus, Keeper of the Holy Barbecue
Group Icon

Group: Galicia
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Republica de Panamá

male

As I finished the steak, I realized she was gone and I had been talking to myself. Some of the kitchen staff were staring at me strangly, but I stared back and then stuck my tongue out at the ugly brute that had argued with me earlier. He started toward the table when Ann returned and asked if I was ready. I opened another beer and took a long drink.

"Let's go," I said. I was pretty curious to see what this was about.

I turned and gave a nice toothy smile to the hairy monster staring at me.

--------------------

Consistency. It's only a virtue if you're not a screwup.

Ita erat quando hic adveni.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunatley it kills all its pupils. - Hector Berlioz

"No matter where you go, there you are." - R. Young

¡Visté! ¡Te lo dijé!
PMEmail Poster               
free2Bme 
Posted: 11-Jul-2003, 05:25 PM
Quote Post

Queen of Janetania

ZodiacIvy

female

Here, you carry this stuff then, I said as I handed him the box and the rapiers,and I will find us a couple of flashlights. I dont want anyone getting hurt out there in the dark. I grabbed a pair of flashlights from a drawer...

Oh, yeah, I need a punch bowl too. Wanting to keep my hands free, I placed the punch bowl over my head like a helmet. Shall we go?

As I led the way out the kitchen door, the chef gave me a funny look. I turned and stuck my tongue out him, then I asked What's the matter, haven't you ever seen an excentric millionairess before?
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 11-Jul-2003, 05:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Meanwhile, back in the bedroom, Mike had been trying frantically to free himself, employing various methods, some of which had been taught to him at "The Farm", others he'd glommed by watching James Bond movies. He was able to free one of his hands, albeit at the expense of some skin.

At least that wicked woman used ropes, he thought to himself. It's obvious she's never learned to tie secure knots. At least I did in the Boy Scouts.

After he freed himself, dressed the wound on his arm and got dressed, he checked his watch (Anne'd forgotten to remove it), which also had a GPS tracker on it. He'd put completely undetectable homing beacons on both Firth and Anne when he shook their hands. He then proceeded to follow their signals, which if the intel he'd gotten was correct, was near a cemetery.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
Herrerano 
Posted: 11-Jul-2003, 05:38 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

This broad is competely wacko. I thought, as we started out the door. What's the deal with that punch bowl? I saw her stick her tongue out at the ugly, hairy gopher that had been staring so hard. Holding the box under one arm I transferred one of the rapiers to that hand and then with the one rapier held in my right hand I felt pretty dashing. I sort of swirled it a few times then turned and made a threatening gesture at the low browed fool that was watching us so strangly. I then turned, following Ann and did one of my best Eroll Flynn impersonations sort of jabbing in the air.

I accidentally poked her squarely in the butt. She sort of squealed and jumped a little, I thought the punch bowl was history. I jumped forward and steadied her by the shoulders. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." I blabbered.
PMEmail Poster               
free2Bme 
Posted: 11-Jul-2003, 05:46 PM
Quote Post

Queen of Janetania

ZodiacIvy

female

Hey, don't you know that you can be BANNED for playing with rapiers like that! That was the most unchivalrous act unbecoming to a knight... then I stopped to think, wait a minute, Firth isn't in SCA, and therefore does not deserve an SCA rebuke.

Never mind the punch bowl...I said as I rubbed my tushie. Then I thought about how ridiculous I must look to him, and how silly he looks with those swords...I had to stifle a laugh.

Ah well, no harm done, but we must get this stuff out to the cemetary - we don't want to be late!

I felt the hair on the back of my neck stand up, and I felt as if I was being watched...or followed...

http://www.sca.org/
PMEmail Poster               
Herrerano 
Posted: 11-Jul-2003, 05:54 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

"I am sorry, here let me rub it a little, that will help." I said, before I realized what I was saying. "No, no wait, I'm sorry. I won't do anything like that again." I was really embarrassed, but she was awfully cute standing there rubbing the injured spot.

I reached to scratch my shoulder and practically put my eye out. I readjusted the rapier and tried again and then felt a little piece of tape there. I scratched it off and tossed it away. It had been itching off and on all afternoon, since that tuxedoed fellow clapped me on the shoulder as he shook my hand.
PMEmail Poster               
free2Bme 
Posted: 11-Jul-2003, 06:36 PM
Quote Post

Queen of Janetania

ZodiacIvy

female

I flipped the flashlight on as we left the comfort and safety of the kitchen and went outside into the courtyard. It was pitch dark out here, and the flightlight only shone a little spot of light in front of our feet. The clouds had gathered overhead and almost completely blocked the glow of the full moon.

I could see nothing, and worse I heard nothing in the darkness, not even a cricket chirping or a frog croaking. Nothing. The silence of the night was ominous.

After a moment or two I was able to get my bearings and make our way towards the cemetary. It was a really old cemetary that had fallen into general disrepair. The iron gate around the family burial ground was rusted and falling down. The uncut weeds and grass almost completely hid the remarkably old headstones...

It took awhile for me to find the proper headstone, since time and erosion had nearly wiped away the name and dates on the stone marker. I asked Firth to put the box of stuff down in a pile underneath the oak tree that hung its branches over Jack O'Calahan's grave. I used the flashlight to check my watch, good, only another half an hour to go...i opened my Big Book of Spells and began...

I took the rapier by the handle and drew a large circle in the dirt on top of the grave...

As the Big Book of Spells directed, I drew a pentagram with the blade before me on the floor (large enough for somebody to stand and move in the little middlepart of the pentagram) and drew another circle around it (with the blade on the ground). The lines HAVE to be closed.

Referring again to the Book, I put the 6 candles in equal distances from each other on the circle-line. I placed the two rapiers within the lines of the pentagram with thier blades crossed.

Then I took the punch bowl off my head, put the bowl in the middle of the pentagram, and poured the virgin's (sheep) blood into it. I then scattered the home soil of the vampire in the middle of the pentagram.

I checked my watch, only 5 more minutes until midnight.

I stood outside of the pentagram and started to chant the secret words written in the book in a weird language, scots gaelic perhaps? I wasn't sure if i was pronouncing them right, but I had to give it a try...

I felt the wind begin to rise and circle within the bonds of the candles, the flames were unmoved, as well as the earth in the pentagram and the blood...
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 11-Jul-2003, 07:05 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

((*clears throat*... you're much too fast for the rest of us.. *just a comment from the other part... other ppl are not responding as fast as you 2 do... wink.gif ))

--------------------
Moderator: The Playground (RPG)

Carpe Jugulum
Carved with a twisted smile
An epitaph for sorrow
Sethian - Epitaph

If anybody wants a costum signature, pm me!
PMEmail Poster               
free2Bme 
Posted: 11-Jul-2003, 07:27 PM
Quote Post

Queen of Janetania

ZodiacIvy

female

OOC: 'nuff said - we will wait... cue the elevator music so we will have something to listen to OR insert several commercial advertisements of your choice here ph34r.gif

For those who are just joining us, please refer to the thread RPG2 - the Hunt
http://www.celticradio.net/php/forums/inde...=ST&f=19&t=1131

While we wait to find out -

Is Anne a vampire or not?

Is Firth still hungry, and if so will he spinkle garlic on his food?

Will Secret Agent Mark Renton catch up to Anne and Firth?

Will his dreams of a night with a Bond Girl be shattered?

Will Anne's magic spell work, or will it rain on her parade?

Has the Barrdas Band ever arrived to entertain the guests?

To find out the answers to these questions and more, stay tuned!
PMEmail Poster               
free2Bme 
Posted: 12-Jul-2003, 10:08 AM
Quote Post

Queen of Janetania

ZodiacIvy

female

Commercial Break: (bringing this thread back to the top again)

Are you tired of living with ho-hum Retro decor? Are you sick of Shag Carpeting, Lava Lamps and Bean Bag Chairs? Have your Velvet Paintings seen better days?

Then why not refurbish your home with a REALLY RETRO look?

Click on this link for some fantabulously Modern Medieval Home Decor ideas!

http://www.virtue.to/articles/home_companion.html

http://www.albionworks.net/default.html
PMEmail Poster               
Herrerano 
Posted: 12-Jul-2003, 01:13 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

Ann stepped outside and immediatly turned on the flashlight, women, they have never learned about things like letting your eyes adjust to the low light. I followed along, handling my rapier a lot more responsibly. Still, I imagined that if anyone were watching I looked pretty cool, sort of a cross between Kirk Douglas and Frosty the Snowman with a mean blade in my hand.

We finally got to the graveyard, and she started looking around for the right tombstone. I wasn't helping much, this looked far to silly to me now. She finally decided one of them was the one she wanted and started reading her book and making designs on the ground. I had to hand over the box and the nifty rapiers. I supposed this ritual stuff was harmless enough, but it reminded me an awful lot of some of the things that take place down in my part of the world and I didn't much like that.

Finally when she started chanting in some strange tongue I became increasingly uncomfortable. I kept a pretty decent lookout in all directions now, not knowing what to expect.

OOC: Figured I had better get my chubby little self in position here, now back to commercials
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 12-Jul-2003, 03:04 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

female

((OOC: Tip: edit and make it more than five minutes.. (maybe).. make the chat a cleaning ritual for your soul or something like that...))
PMEmail Poster               
free2Bme 
Posted: 12-Jul-2003, 05:58 PM
Quote Post

Queen of Janetania

ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (free2Bme @ Jul 11 2003, 09:36 PM)
I stood outside of the pentagram and started to chant the secret words written in the book in a weird language, scots gaelic perhaps? I wasn't sure if i was pronouncing them right, but I had to give it a try...

I felt the wind begin to rise and circle within the bonds of the candles, the flames were unmoved, as well as the earth in the pentagram and the blood...

The clouds over head began to swirl and move in a clockwise circular motion...the clouds gathered together darker , completely inking out the glow of the full moon and the stars..there was a low rumble of thunder as I continued to chant the strange words in from the Book...
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 12-Jul-2003, 06:17 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

female

((OOC: I'm doing my best in quickening the other thread up...))
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]