Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Member Welcome, Introduce yourself to the community.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 27-May-2004, 04:05 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Hi Reddrake and Redbud! Great to have you here. Hope you enjoy our forums as much as the music! come on in and enjoy!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
SCShamrock 
Posted: 29-May-2004, 11:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Gamecock Country

male

Hi all. My name is Robert. I was made fatherless when I was just a baby, and my mom remarried an American born Irishman. He adopted me when I was only 3, and had an incredible fondness for the Irish nation, traditions, and music. As a child I didn't care for any of this, and then he died when I was 27 yrs old, about 10 years before I gained any interest in his heritage. Now, I am doing my level best to learn of the Celtic culture, heritage, and history. As an adoptee, I have always had need of some kind of connection, a sense of belonging if you will. My love for Irish music lead me to a discovery of that connection, and I now will proudly claim Ireland as the roots of my ancestory. So, I look forward to getting to know all of you and having as many as can share all the great things I've been missing.

--------------------
The peculiar evil of silencing the expression of an opinion is, that it is robbing the human race; posterity as well as the existing generation; those who dissent from the opinion, still more than those who hold it. If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth: if wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by its collision with error. ~John Stuart Mill, On Liberty, 1859

Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge.
~Mark Twain
PMEmail Poster               
SCShamrock 
Posted: 29-May-2004, 11:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

male

This is in reply to Snuffy's radio trouble. It sounds like to me that you were having a rough way of it for a bit of time. I hope you've cleared it up. I have only been using Live365 for a few days but have had nothing but good results, solid, and am using dial-up as well. Here's a couple of things to check for anyway, just in case.

#1 Be sure you use the drop-down menu under radio tools to get to the listen now button, then choose the following modem button.

#2 Connection speed- are you getting close to 56K? If you are in the 24-32k range you have a connection problem that may lie with your pc or your dial-up isp. Try using a different dial-up number or two.

#3 Line noise- this is as likely a culprit as any. Use the shortest line possible from the wall to your pc. If you must use a line longer than a few feet, go to radio shack and get a good shielded phone line. Let the sales person know it will be use for your pc dial-up service. This line can be a bit pricey, say, twice the price for normal wire, but well worth the investment when using dial-up for streaming audio/video.

#4 Memory. Are you using an older pc? That's ok if you are, but the older and more cluttered the hard drive, the more likely that you will have little available memory. Do a disk cleanup (start/accessories/system tools/disk cleanup) and then defragment (which is right there next to disk cleanup in the menu) After this, restart your computer (which makes more memory instantly available). Also, don't run big programs on an older pc while listening to streaming audio on an older pc. Games and other graphics laden programs will eat so much memory and resources you might have trouble there.

I hope all this helps. I'm no computer geek either, but started out with an old pc and had to learn all about the "tricks" on my own. Good luck. The site and Live365 work great for me, so it's not the media player or CelticRadio.net.
PMEmail Poster               
aklassie 
Posted: 30-May-2004, 02:01 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Texas

female

Hi Robert,
Let me be the first to bid you welcome to the forum. We're a motley crew but we are like one BIG extended family and you are surely welcomed here. I hope you always enjoy your visits here and you will visit often. As a Queen of Scotland I order you to do so as often as you can. tongue.gif

--------------------
"They That Wait Upon The LORD,
Shall Renew Their Strength,
They Shall Mount Up With Wings
As Eagels,
They Shall Run,
And Not Be Werry;
They Shall Walk,
And Not Faint." ISAIAH 40:31
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 30-May-2004, 07:38 AM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Hello Robert!

Welcome to BOTH families! I am of Scottish descent on my mother's side (mixed apparently with lots of German, English, and a tiny bit of Native American). This is a wonderful place. Lots of friendly people, good music and good conversation. I spend WAY more time here than I should! smile.gif

Look around at the forums! You'll probably find a thread on most any topic you'd like to discuss! And if not, start a new one! We're always eager to find new subjects to talk about (like a pack pf pirahna! wink.gif )

Again, welocme! I look forward to seeing you on the boards!

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
Lyra Luminara 
Posted: 30-May-2004, 12:56 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacVine

Realm: Éire (okay fine, it's really PA, USA but that's just boring.)

female

'ello. Formal introduction here. I am lyra luminara and I am a strange jedi-witch crossbreed. I'm also English. ::winces:: don't hate me because they wanted world domination! haha

--------------------
If we could just stand here, without the words, would that be enough? ..Look at the sky now. What color is it? Or the way a hawk flies. Or you wake up and your ribs are bruised thinking so hard on somebody. What do you call that?

"Don't cross the street if you can't get out of the kitchen"
PMEmail Poster               
SCShamrock 
Posted: 30-May-2004, 01:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

male

Thanks for the great welcome! And you're right, from what I can tell this really is a great place. I love all the music too. Unfortunately, this site will end up costing me more money cause I'll undoubtedly purchase a nice speaker system for my pc for listening. cool.gif

Welcome, Lyra. From the new guy to the new gal.
PMEmail Poster               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 30-May-2004, 01:17 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

male

Welcome Lyra! I'm glad to see that you are already making yourself at home! Enjoy yourselves! I do! smile.gif
Raven 
Posted: 30-May-2004, 01:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

THe great news is that PC speaker systems have gotten a lot more economical in the last few years biggrin.gif

Welcome

--------------------
He is no fool who gives up that which he can not keep to gain that which he cannot loose

www.arminta.net
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 30-May-2004, 06:57 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hi Robert and Lyra! Great to have you both here! Thanks Robert for explaining to Snuffy about the technical stuff to getting into Live 365! I am not very good at computers, so I couldn't explain it to him, but knew somebody could! I just hate to see somebody having any problems and then I can't help! sad.gif

anyway, hope to see lots of posts here from the both of you!
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 30-May-2004, 08:55 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

male

note.gif Where O where has our VetteGal gone?
O where o where can she be? note.gif

Where is the Keeper of the Gate? She who greets our newcomers so sweetly? Come back soon dearest! We need to say hello to a recent flood of immigrants!
NathanSecesh 
Posted: 30-May-2004, 11:05 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: On a clear river in the Texan hills

male

Nathansecesh here. Howdy all! I've been a member since March but got distracted (thought it was a heart attack, but must've been too much chili instead).

For an introduction I'll sum up myself with lots of C's. I'm a Christian, Calvinist, Celt, Confederate, Constitutionist. I'm a citizen of Texas and married to my dearest friend & lover. I've got 2 sons, 7 grandchildren, 3 great grands, 2 dogs, and 7 cats. My Beloved & I and our critters live beside a river in the hill country. The nearest village is 8 winding miles away and the nearest neighbours almost within yelling distance.
(I keep having a nagging thought that I left out one of those defining C's...Oh well, did I mention that I'm getting old and befuddled?!) Oh yea, for 24 years I was a psychologist, but no longer. I fancy myself a Southern agrarian, possibly even a gentleman; I'll leave that call to you folks.

F.S.I.
Nate

PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 30-May-2004, 11:51 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

hey! Nate! Interesting background! You should love talking to some of us! Come visit us in the Kirk and Chapel and other forums!! Hope to see you posting as well as enjoying the music!

I am a Christian too. All my family were confederates, but I love yankees too! biggrin.gif Just don't tell my brother-in-law who is a re-enactor for the confederate army! LOL

Anyway, welcome!
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 31-May-2004, 12:06 AM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacElder

Realm: South Louisiana

female

Welcome Nate. Glad to have you aboard. I think you'll fit in well with the rest of us---each and everyone of us walk to the beat of a different drum. Hope to see you around the different forums.

Cheers,
Roisin angel_not.gif

--------------------
Roisin-Teagan

"There, in that hand, on that shoulder under that chin---all of its lightness delicately balanced and its strings skillfully bowed---it becomes a voice."---Rich Mullins

"At 18, if you have oversized aspirations, the whole world sees you as a dreamer. At 40, you get the reputation for being a visionary." ---Rich Mullins

"God gives the gifts where He finds the vessel empty enough to receive them."---C.S. Lewis

Éire go Brách!
PMEmail Poster               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 31-May-2004, 06:44 AM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

male

Hello Nate and failte! Glad to have you with us! Look around and you'll find all sorts of good people to chat with on just about every topic under the sun! And if you don't find anything you want to talk about, start a new topic thread! We love to talk so I'm sure someone will jump in on your thread!

Anyway, glad to have you and I hope you enjoy htis place as much as I do!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]