> Van Helsing?
PoniesRGr8 
Posted: 03-May-2004, 04:28 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

male

I'll definitely see it eventually. The plot looks interesting, and I'm a fan of Hugh Jackman tongue.gif

~*Sarah*~
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 03-May-2004, 05:08 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hugh Jackman has cut off his hair! crybaby.gif crybaby.gif Still want to go see the film and drool over the man! biggrin.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Annabelle 
Posted: 03-May-2004, 08:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

First, Tripsmom I like your avatar. very pretty!

Don't worry CR Hugh will make another movie and he'll grow his hair back out just for you. I'm sorry he cut it too.

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 03-May-2004, 09:20 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Can you believe that Hugh Jackman cut off his hair? I mean! Could his wife not see he looks more gorgeous with those long locks? Yes, us women would be lusting after him, but so would his wife.............a least I would think unsure.gif How could any woman not?! unsure.gif rolleyes.gif laugh.gif
Danann 
Posted: 04-May-2004, 08:22 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Alabama

female

Hugh Jackman cutting his hair is a crying shame... crybaby.gif

But I'll be there opening night with my honey right beside me. Its funny... he and I started dating because we were always over at each other's place watching Buffy or Angel.

--------------------
So, I have an new site that is pretty neat, Check out Dannah's Home Page

Also, for original storys or thoughts from me, check out my blog: Dannah's Blog
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 04-May-2004, 08:59 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

I liked Angel a lot too, until last season where it turned into too much lust and too little storyline - the story with Cordelia seemed lame. I quit watching it so now I don't even know how Angel ended up in the Wolfram & Hart building. And when did Gunn grow hair? And how Fred got blue, I'm afraid to ask...
Now with just a few episodes left I'm back, almost wishing I hadn't abandoned it last year because its such fun seeing Angel and Spike & their verbal sparring! box.gif

Now as far as Van Helsing goes, I can't wait!! I've had a crush on Hugh Jackman since the first X-Men movie. What a hunk!!! dribble.gif

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 04-May-2004, 08:24 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

He's even more of a hunk with the long hair in this movie! Wow! He may compete with Jason Patric!
corrigan 
Posted: 05-May-2004, 11:43 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Sarasota, FL

female

Oh yeah, Hugh Jackman in any role, long or short hair!

To catch you up to Angel.
Last Season
Cordy was taken over by an amoral higher power, the whole season, that's why she seduced Connor. The higher power needed a "vessel", Cordy's baby.

The higher power is born and named Jasmine. Ensuing events totally mess up Connor's already fragile mental (raised in demon dimension, father kills father, then father had betrayed father, etc.). Jasmine is defeated and Wolfram & Hart come to Angel with a proposition. Take over Wolfram & Hart to run as you will, no strings, you can even use the resources of W & H to for good. Angel agrees with a secret bargain between him and W&H. Change reality so that Connor is raised by "normal family" and wipe everyones memory, but Angel's.

This Season
Connor is happy.
Gunn accidently betrays Fred (I don't know how, didn't see it).
Fred is killed and her body taken over by yet another higher power (that's why she's blue).
Gunn is now in a demon dimension (didn't see that either).

I am very sad to see Angel go...
PMEmail Poster               
Danann 
Posted: 05-May-2004, 12:05 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Alabama

female

iI can fill in some of the how gaps...

Gunn betrays Westley and Fred (lovers this season) by signing a customs document to get a shipment into the country in exchange for keeping his W&H inhanced brain. He became Mr. Lawyer extrodinare earlier in the season. The thing that was brought into the states is the thing responsible for killing Fred and unleashing Illyria (the goddess that is blue).

Gunn was in a demon dimention in order to save Leslie... that's right W&H star Angel hater from Season 1&2. He has some sort of connection with the Senior Partners that they are making him pay in the hell dimention, and Angel needs him to tell him about the senior partners... hince the rescue mission, but one man had to stay behind... Gunn. Illyria rescued him though, and now he's ticked off at Angel for not protecting a woman's baby from sacrifice in 13 years.

This season has been so good compared to the horrbilly dark season last year... Angel even became a puppet in this season. It was hillarious!
PMEmail Poster               
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 06-May-2004, 12:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ May 4 2004, 09:24 PM)
Wow! He may compete with Jason Patric!

REALLY???? Well, these words out of your mouth mean a lot... laugh.gif wink.gif

The movie is starting here this weekend and I will try to get to see it during the next few days! smile.gif

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 07-May-2004, 12:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

WOW - thanks everyone for filling me in on what has happened on Angel! I really appreciate it. I didn't know about so much of what you've just told me...

But of all things, one episode I fortunately DID see was the puppet one, and I laughed until my sides hurt! Angel as a puppet-vampire sent me into the floor in hysterics. You've got to understand, for about 14 years I was a puppeteer with a group at my church (this was back when I was a teenager, and my sweetheart & I were active with the group even after we got married and had a son) so I really like to see good puppet performances. Jim Henson was brillant, with the Sesame Street stuff and also the Muppets later on... they still hold a special place in my heart.

So to see the gang on Angel puppet-tized simply made my week!
thumbs_up.gif

Siobhan
PM               
Snoogans 
Posted: 13-May-2004, 05:35 AM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Edinburgh

male

SPOILER INCLUDED. LOOK AWAY IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN BUT INTEND TO SEE.

The movie isn't bad. Bit over the top with the thunder storms. Flashing lights and over loud thunder gave me a headache.
Oh yeah, and they're getting a bit type cast no?
She in another Vampire movie falling in love with him being wolfy again.

Sheesh, he even does the SHING thing with the claws and scapes a wall.
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRoz 
Posted: 13-May-2004, 02:43 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

I have a friend who went to see Van Helsing and she said she laughed all the way through it.............and it isn't even a comedy! laugh.gif
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 14-May-2004, 08:40 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Hey, we laughed during Van Helsing too - it simply can't be taken too seriously! Waaay too many cliches & stereotypes... sure the monsters are kinda scarey and sure we jumped a few times, and we did do the 'awww, poor thing' about the Frankenstein monster, but all in all VH seemed just a fun movie designed to entertain.

My son used to do role-playing games online, and he was really interested to see what the werewolves looked like since that's the kind of character he used to be. He really thought the werewolf(s) looked great but thought they ought to have a tail... I on the other hand thought their ears were too pointy. We got into a funny debate about THAT one!
PM               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 14-May-2004, 04:22 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

I saw Hugh Jackman on a talk show this morning...............oh boo hoo! He cut off those beautiful long locks or took off the wig..........either way....boo hoo! He is still handsome though either way!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]