Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
242,514 Gold!

FORUM NEWS!

We have added a new feature to our community forum called "Easy Editor". This is a true WYSIWYG (What You See is What You Get) editor that can be used to create your posts and replies in our forum. There are a ton of features in this editor including fonts, colors, size, pictures, embedded objects, videos, spell check, time stamp, full screen mode and much more.

The new Easy Editor is available when you make a post, but it is not our default editor. Since many members have grown accustomed to posting using our simple text editor, we decided in all fairness to keep that as the default editor. To turn on the graphical Easy Editor and take advantage of all of the features, just select it from the radio button from within your post. Please refer to the attached screen shot for more details on the location and sample Easy Editor.

A
few notes about this enhancement of our forum. Once you select the Easy Editor it will become your default editor, but you can easily change it back by select either the Normal Mode or Guided Mode. In addition, none of the clickable smiles on the left and the Code Buttons will work once you enter into the Easy Editor since they are all contained in the editor. And finally the spell checker requires an additional plug in for your browser which can be downloaded and installed the first time you use the checker.

Any questions, please let us know! Cool

Attached Image. (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
WallaceGal 
Posted: 28-Dec-2014, 08:30 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Highland MI

female

Though I like Easy Editor, it doesn't seem to work here with Firefox. Even after selecting and then reloading the page, I can't post anything.

And a quick FYI, if you right click the thumbnail and choose View Image in Firefox, it works perfectly smile.gif

--------------------
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Slàinte!
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRadio 
Posted: 28-Dec-2014, 08:52 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
242,514 Gold!

The Easy Editor plug may only be compatible with the most recent version of firefox or possibly there may be something interfering with the loading of the plugin. I am writing using the Easy Editor plug in from within firefox. Do you have Google Chrome or anyone on a MAC would love to get feedback if it works on those systems too.

A few bugs we need to work on:

1. Sometimes a popup box says that you must type a message when there is a message already in Easy Editor. Just click on the text area and then add your reply or submit and it will post.

2. There is a slight problem with line breaks doing 2 lines between each paragraph.

Could be other little issues once we start using some of the features, but we can address those as we find them.

Thanks for your feedback!

PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 28-Dec-2014, 09:43 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
242,514 Gold!

The line break issue is now fixed.

As evident by only 1 line break between paragraphs.

We will be working on Easy Editor today. Hopefully implement for profile signatures would be very helpful.
Shadows 
Posted: 28-Dec-2014, 12:35 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

Does not work well with IE8!
Font is so amall I can barely see it.

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 28-Dec-2014, 07:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
242,514 Gold!

We have updated the font in the text box for the Easy Editor to be larger (12pt). In some cases with browser caching you might still see the smaller font until your browser cache is cleared and also our website caching has expired.

Thanks for everyones feedback on this!

WallaceGal 
Posted: 28-Dec-2014, 07:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Highland MI

female

Firefox 34.0.5. As soon as I click the radio button for Easy Editor, the text box disappears from the page though the rest of the page is fine. Reloading does nothing. If I go back to Normal Mode, I still have to reload the page before it will work.

I'll have to try Chrome tomorrow and let you know.
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRadio 
Posted: 28-Dec-2014, 09:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
242,514 Gold!

Sounds like something is preventing it from displaying properly. A cookie is written to save what your preference is, so the one you choose it should always load up that one.

I tried tonight on Chrome, Firefox and IE11 with good results (Windows 8). Also tested on Windows 7. But that is not to say another configuration might be given issues. Will try tomorrow on some apple and android devices.

Will see if we can test on additional configurations tomorrow, but if it is giving any problems just set the default to normal mode.

Also fixed the bug that stated you "did not enter a message" even though a message was entered.

ONE THOUGHT... We are using Cloudflare and which has some hefty caching to increase the performance of our site. So it may need a few days for the changes to be effective. Because of this you may not have received an update in the webpage....so maybe try again in a few days.
ogdenmusic 
Posted: 02-Jan-2015, 08:46 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Cincinnati, OHIO

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #39
216,026 Gold!

I'm on google chrome and no issue.

--------------------
GO KENTUCKY WILDCATS
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 02-Jan-2015, 10:27 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
242,514 Gold!

That's good to know! Havn't yet tried out all of the features, but if we run into any bugs then we can address and fix. Not bad for this forum software originally released in 2003 to finally be updated and work!

Wink
CelticRadio 
Posted: 06-Jan-2015, 06:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
242,514 Gold!

Will keep this thread updated as we test out some of the features of Easy Editor.

Tonight we created a post using the link creator. Just highlight a word or words and click the link button for a popup that you can enter the link.

Also, discovering that pictures can be copied from other webpages very simple. Just right click the picture in your browser and paste to the editor box.

So far so good, now need to test a video out...

Wink
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]