Bookmark and Share
celticbagpiper 
Posted: 05-Jan-2007, 07:55 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacRowan

male

A complete and total must have for anyone who loves celtic music and especially that of the group Celtic Woman.
PMEmail Poster               
Ceciliastar1 
Posted: 10-Jan-2007, 02:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Ohio.

female

I saw the concert version on PBS the other day and in my opinion it was ok. I liked the first album much better. I thought with the first album it was a little more traditional is that makes sense. With this new album they throw in a lot of non-celtic songs. I really didn't like their version of "Beyond the Sea" I thought that it wasn't a very good version. Again this is my opinion. I loved the first album but I think I'm going to pass on this new album it's not celtic enough for me and I don't like some of the versions of newer songs they did.

--------------------
There's a dear little plant that grows in our Isle
Twas St . Patrick himself, sure, that set it;
And the sun of his labour with pleasure did smile,
And with dew from his eye often wet it.
It grows through the bog, through the brake, through the
Mireland, and they call it the dear little shamrock of Ireland.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
normancelt 
Posted: 17-Jan-2007, 06:46 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacVine

Realm: Kansas City, Missouri

male

I agree that the new Celtic Women CD and Video are excellent. The first one was more subdued but this one shows that they really enjoy being together as a group. I also have the Christmas CD and it gives you a warm comfortable feeling during the Christmas season.
PMEmail Poster               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 06-Feb-2007, 09:55 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

I have all of the Celtic Woman cds, including the solo albums and love them. I am a little confused, though. In some of the newer albums a little card is included which shows all of the albums available. On one of these cards, there is a picture of an album by someone named Deirdre. Who is this? I knew that a new member, Hayley, had appeared on the new album, but I know nothing of this Deirdre. Anyone have any info about her?

--------------------
Sln agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tr mo chridhe. 'S i Gidhlig cnan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 07-Feb-2007, 08:24 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (WizardofOwls @ 06-Feb-2007, 09:55 PM)
I have all of the Celtic Woman cds, including the solo albums and love them. I am a little confused, though. In some of the newer albums a little card is included which shows all of the albums available. On one of these cards, there is a picture of an album by someone named Deirdre. Who is this? I knew that a new member, Hayley, had appeared on the new album, but I know nothing of this Deirdre. Anyone have any info about her?

It's Deirdre Shannon. She was featured here on CR.net just recently. Don't know when she was with CW though.
Love that Hayley Westenra too.
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 07-Feb-2007, 06:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

QUOTE (WizardofOwls @ 06-Feb-2007, 07:55 PM)

One of our Highlander Radio folks heads up her fan club. Check out the introductions and there is a link to Deirdre's information. I have her album, and I've got to tell you, she's fantastic. Great voice.

Her departure from her brief time with Celtic Woman is somewhat of a scandal. Nothing at all against the other girls, but it seems that the CW management was pretty unceremonious in letting her go. The Celtic Woman website has a forum that goes into this somewhat.

And I agree that Hayley is quite a talent! She has a new project coming out next month.

Have a great day!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt