> Snow
CelticRoz 
Posted: 24-Dec-2003, 04:53 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Annabelle! When I lived in Georgia, we always got the snow and that wicked ice during January and February. Will you get it then too? Sorry you didn't get a White Christmas. I wish you the best Christmas though! smile.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Eamon 
Posted: 26-Dec-2003, 08:22 AM
Quote Post

Captain of the Prydwen
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacReed

male

QUOTE (oldraven @ Dec 24 2003, 03:04 PM)

Eamon [/QUOTE]
Hey Eamon. You're not the only one who got that one for Christmas. Sucks, doesn't it.

sad.gif

Oldraven, hope you feel better. The strain that has been going around my area takes about a week to get over. Hopefully you have today (friday) off and can rest. Have a Hot Irish Whiskey, it will make you feel better.

Cup of very hot water
Shot of your favorite Irish Whiskey
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
5 cloves

Take as many as required until you feel better. And no margerine for you.

Dr. Eamon

--------------------
"I care not whether I die tomorrow or next year, if only my deeds live after me." -Cuchullain

"Bíodh roinnt de sin agat!"
PMEmail Poster               
RavenWing 
Posted: 26-Dec-2003, 10:09 AM
Quote Post

Dorkus Trollus Maximus

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Indiana, USA

female

It was too warm for it to snow, so we had rain followed by flurries on Christmas Eve that sisn;t accumulate at all. cry.gif

--------------------
May all your up's and down's be under the sheets!

Religion is for those who are afraid of going to Hell. Spirituality is for those who have already been there.
- Anonymous
PMEmail Poster               
Derfel 
Posted: 04-Jan-2004, 04:38 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Bad Berka

male

Oh, we had a little bit snow on christmas, but its all melting away on Dec. 26. Now it´s snowing since Friday, and it is really cold outside. Nice winter weather!
On the pic you can see my parents dog Bessi on christmasday. wink.gif

Sláinte! beer_mug.gif

Derfel

--------------------

Who the truth speaks needs a fast horse

www.floydsworld.de
PMEmail Poster               
Derfel 
Posted: 04-Jan-2004, 04:40 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Bad Berka

male

QUOTE (Derfel @ Jan 4 2004, 05:38 PM)
Oh, we had a little bit snow on christmas, but its all melting away on Dec. 26. Now it´s snowing since Friday, and it is really cold outside. Nice winter weather!
On the pic you can see my parents dog Bessi on christmasday. wink.gif

Sláinte! beer_mug.gif

Derfel

ooooooops......... biggrin.gif
forgot the pic!

Derfel

Attached Image. (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 04-Jan-2004, 05:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

We got a hell of a lot of snow today. We live on a corner lot and have a recessed garage, so I had to do both sidewalks and the driveway. I am exhausted. I did dress for the occasion (big coat, layered clothing, gloves and a wool baseball hat), so I didn't lose anything to frostbite. I also took a break after shoveling the driveway. I went inside to sit down and have a cup of coffee. Also, I took my Walkman™ and listened to the Green Bay-Seattle game ( censored.gif Packers! I'm a Chicago Bears fan, so it is against my religion to be happy when the censored.gif Packers win) to help the time go by faster.

My friend Nathan, who came home for Christmas, was supposed to fly back to Virginia Beach today, but the plane that was supposed to take him to Baltimore was diverted to St. Louis, so he rescheduled his flight to tomorrow.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 04-Jan-2004, 05:15 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

Mike, I was watching the Weather Channel today and they were calling for 8 inches of snow in the Chicago area. We have had beautiful weather for the past 3 or 4 days. Today was 66 degrees F. This coming week winter is supposed to return. smile.gif

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Elly 
Posted: 04-Jan-2004, 07:30 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacReed

female

I`m a newbie really so hope you don`t mind me jumpimg in here. biggrin.gif

My complaint is, it`s too hot, snow I would love to see at the moment thumbs_up.gif

today at 9am it was 30o, am I complaining, Aye I guess I am at that LOL rolleyes.gif

Was talking to a friend of mine on the MSN this morning in East Lothian and he made me soooo jealous, it was a lovely 8o there, Och well not to worry LOL

All the best to you, Elly biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Elly 
Posted: 04-Jan-2004, 07:40 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacReed

female

Hi Derfel, Just viewed the pic of the dog, looks like he is enjoying the weather, He looks a lot like my wee dug actually except Sandy (short for Alexander) is just that a sandy colour, and isn`t too happy at the moment with the heat here. sad.gif

I actually got him from an animal refuge, and was told he was probably a cross between a cocker spaniel and a retriever but don`t really know for sure, but he sure looks a lot like the dog in the picture. thumbs_up.gif

anyway all the best to everyone, Elly thumbs_up.gif

PMEmail Poster               
JaneyMae 
Posted: 04-Jan-2004, 08:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Idaho, USA

female

Derfel, Beautiful dog! I love dogs :-)

We got down the mountain only seeing 3 wrecks on the way. They closed the highway behind us as we came trough because of blowing and drifing snow. I'm ready for a beach. Our townhouse in the valley has snow stacked everywhere with nowhere else to put it. Sad. More snow due Tues. & Wed. I don't need a snow day from work right now. Have a ton a material to dish out to my students before the end of the term. We could have one in 3 weeks. lol.gif

--------------------
JaneyMae

Tangle Goblinwitch: She is only seen in the enchanted moment between sleep and waking

"Never miss a chance to shut up." Will Rogers

Leprechauns, castles, good luck and laughter.
Lullabies, dreams and love ever after.
A thousand welcomes when anyone comes...
That's the Irish for You!
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Annabelle 
Posted: 04-Jan-2004, 09:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Oh Janey I'm glad you got down safely from the Mountain. Now I'd love the snow. You could leave me up there provided I had enough supplies, gas and diet coke. I'll sock in a couple dozen books and the world can go away for a month.
We have property up in NC outside of Boone that we are planning on building up there. I've been all weekend looking at blueprints trying to decide on what to build. I'll be stocked up so if I ever get that type of snow fall everyone can just leave me there.
I'll have back up generators, gas and Celtic Radio, what more do I need?
A

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
DevotedDefender 
Posted: 05-Jan-2004, 05:59 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacElder

Realm: hermiston, Oregon.

male

...Freak'in snow. I was caught totally unprepared for it this year. You see I moved away from the snow in the eastern Oregon high mountains down to the eastern Oregon desert at just over 200 feet elevation...
Any way , I had my motorcycle partly disassembled and was prepping it for new paint... Had tow go to work by the time I got home that night the temp dropped 30 degrees and my poor bike lay under 7 in. of powdery white...
On the other hand the town I moved away from La Grande , has gotten 30 in. as of 1 jan and it has snowed every day since, But since my son only had a yard sick to measure with I don't really know how much is in his yard , more that 36 in... So I guess I cant complain...

--------------------
...Per Ardua...
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted: 05-Jan-2004, 03:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Hey send that Freak-n-snow this away. It's back up to a balmy 76 degree's here today. Tomorrow it's suppose to be cold again. This is the reason everyone get's so sick here the weather can't make up it's mind.
A
PMEmail Poster               
barddas 
Posted: 05-Jan-2004, 03:19 PM
Quote Post

Offical sacrifice to the guitar gods-Play til you bleed

ZodiacWillow

Realm: second star to the right, straight until morning

male

Saturday it was 66 degrees here in Ohio. Today it's about 20 degrees. Also over the weekend, we got almost 4inches of rain in about 36 hours. I would have rather had snow. I had about 9inches of water standing in my backyard last night....

And now we are starting to get snow flurries....

I just wish it would stay cold... all of my bulbs are freakin' out!!!!! censored.gif

--------------------
BARDDAS BLOG/WEB SITE

Co Founder/Member of the KDC

Music is holy, art is sacred, and creativity is power

Everyday is EARTH DAY to a farmer

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."
Oscar Wilde

Some men are drawn to oceans, they cannot breathe unless the air is scented with a salty mist. Others are drawn to land that is flat, and the air is sullen and is leaden as August. My people were drawn to mountains- Earl Hamner Jr.

PMEmail Poster                
andylucy 
Posted: 05-Jan-2004, 03:22 PM
Quote Post

High Chief Of The Dartboard
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: Western Kentucky

male

71F yesterday and now it is 34F today. There were some flurries just a little while ago. Maybe it is headed your way Annabelle. Unfortunately we got all of ours yesterday in the form of rain. It might snow a little here tonight. I hope not, 'cause that will mean more wrecks when the idiots who shouldn't even be allowed to drive on dry pavement in the daylight, venture out into the snow in the dark. Grrrrrrrrr. censored.gif censored.gif censored.gif More work for em, cutting into my quality time with CelticRadio!!

Just my tuppence.

Andy

--------------------
Just my tuppence.

Andy

Never drink to excess; you might shoot at a tax collector and miss. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes.

TANSTAAFL

If a person doesn't believe in something, he'll soon believe in anything. - G. K. Chesterton

9-1-1: state sponsored Dial-A-Prayer
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]