Posted: 22-Jul-2008, 03:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Highland MI

female

LOA, did they ever find out what caused the reaction? Such a scary thing. I'm glad she's doing better though. I've been following along.

--------------------
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Slàinte!
PMEmail Poster                
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 22-Jul-2008, 05:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (WallaceGal @ 22-Jul-2008, 05:54 PM)
LOA, did they ever find out what caused the reaction? Such a scary thing. I'm glad she's doing better though. I've been following along.

Wallacegal,

No they just don't know what caused such a severe reaction. I guess that's why they wanted her to consult her family doctor and I'm bringing her tomorrow though I won't be able to be with her since I myself have an appointment at the hospital.

But when I get back in the afternoon I should be able to know a bit more but again probably not since the doctor will have her to go for allergy tests I'm sure.
To really be able to determine what caused it in the first place.

I have a friend that told me that she had a similar reaction from a medication which one I don't remember,but she said that there was "sulfa" in her medication.
So I really don't know for now, we'll see what the doctor say.

Thanks for the kind words,LOA

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 23-Jul-2008, 04:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (Lady of Avalon @ 22-Jul-2008, 04:50 PM)

Tomorrow she has to go see her family doctor because at the hospital they took away one of her high blood pressure pills and she just don't know why.

See -- this is one of the things I really have a peeve about. When someone has had a frightening medical experience, they are likely to feel shaken and kind of "walking on eggs" for a while anyway, but when medical changes are made in their normal routine and NOT EXPLAINED, there is a real risk of loss of the sense of control. This is not, and never has been, a positive factor in overall health, physical or mental; and any doctor worth his or her salary knows that anxiety or confusion is bound to represent a drain on the resources for physical recovery.

Doctors do get their back fur up when patients challenge them -- it's all in the way you approach it, but I think if I were your mom I would very sweetly let the doctor know that she intends to be the best kind of patient: a full partner in her health care, and in order to be fully cooperative and a good partner, she needs to have treatments, including changes, fully explained.
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 23-Jul-2008, 04:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

I had new prescriptions for some of my medications called to the pharmacy a couple of weeks ago. Today I find that I have no refills on the blood thinners and cardiac medications. I have been running back and forth from the pharmacy to the MD's office today and will not know till tomorrow if it is all straightened out. These things , though the low end of the spectrum as medical errors go, should not happen.

Slàinte,   

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 24-Jul-2008, 01:46 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Hey everyone. I know that I have said this before but time sure does fly. I can't believe that it is almost the end of July.

I have been working a lot between my regular job and my part time job. But it has come in handy for the unexpected expenses.

My son got a job this past week which was a relief for him. He starts college at North Georgia College this fall.

My daughter with MS is doing okay. She is on chemo, monthly for now. Next month she will get another MRI and the doctor will make a decision about the next course of treatment. Did I mention her hospital bill from May when she had plasma pheresis was almost 130,000 dollars? I just about fell over. Thank goodness she had health insurance and it paid all of it.

We got her a puppy this past week. A dachshund. Her name is autumn and she is so cute.

We have been busy getting a few things done on our property. The inspectors are suppose to go out this week to inspect the power pole so we can get a meter and some power. After that we will move our camper up there. It is a nice size camper about 35 feet long so we have a lot of room. We are going to work on clearing a place for the house. I am still looking a floor plans and hopeful I can decide on one.

LOA I am glad your mother is better. I once had a severe reaction from latex and my face was swollen up like a balloon and I had difficulty breathing. When they were giving me IV benadryl I was afraid I wouldn't wake up. It took a couple of weeks for the swelling to go down.

I hope all of you are well and enjoying you summer.

TTFN

gwenlee

PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 28-Jul-2008, 06:23 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Been a while since I posted here. Spent a very hectic saturday; a little work, a little fun, plus some more work! Was totally exhausted at the end of the day. But sunday! slept in till 10 am; read the paper and read my book. What a relaxing day! Now back at work...yuck! sad.gif

The Dublin (Ohio) Irish Festival is this weekend, but I'm not going, due to lack of funds... sad.gif sad.gif

cheers
PMEmail Poster               
jime307 
Posted: 28-Jul-2008, 06:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Jackson Hole, Wyoming USA

male

Sorry to hear your not gonna be able to go that sounds like it would really be something. I've been working most of the summer as well at my first job. I'm working for my uncle (A master electrician/ electrical contractor) Whose just built a new building to move his buisness into, I'm doing lots of odds and ends stuff like cleaning and helping him move his old office to his new one (Old office 600/700 Square feet or so, New office 8000 square feet or so) and burning scrap wood. It's exausting but it's good for me at any rate. Hope you all have a great week smile.gif

Jimmie

--------------------

St. Patrick's Day countdown banner
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 30-Jul-2008, 01:36 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello all!

First of all, Patch! I would like to say that I can't believe your having to go through all this beaucracy to get your meds, etc, but then I sadly can believe it all. Makes me so very angry. I hope all will work out for you in the end.

Hey JP, great to hear from you. Hope this finds you and yours doing well.

Gwenlee, time surely does fly. Congrats to your son for starting N GA college this fall. How wonderful you got your daughter a Dachsund puppy. I have always wanted one as they are one of the best dogs. They love to burrow.

All goes well here. Talk to you soon.
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 30-Jul-2008, 03:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (gwenlee @ 24-Jul-2008, 03:46 AM)
My daughter with MS is doing okay. She is on chemo, monthly for now. Next month she will get another MRI and the doctor will make a decision about the next course of treatment. Did I mention her hospital bill from May when she had plasma pheresis was almost 130,000 dollars? I just about fell over. Thank goodness she had health insurance and it paid all of it.

Hi Gwen!

I met an artist recently who has MS and takes chemo treatments for it; its a good treatment, in her case anyway. This gal is a trooper, active and going and teaching art classes, but I can see her fatigue sometimes when she leans on her cane at the gallery. I sure hope the chemo will help your sweet daughter as much as it has my new friend.
Glad to hear your place in N. Georgia is progressing! What a beautiful part of the state that is. We used to visit Clayton a lot when my husband's auntie lived there.

I'm pooped right now, and enjoying visiting here whilst cooling off underneath the ceiling fan in the computer room/library. I thought I'd get to work on art today, but our old dear Dancer feels bad today and I've been in the barn most of the day trying to make her more comfy. I cleaned the stalls very thoroughly, so she'll be able to rest tonight. She barely lets her right back hoof touch the ground, and after checking her hoof & leg I believe its her hip that is hurting. She's got hip trouble, we knew that when we got her, so we keep MSM on hand to help ease the discomfort. Hubby has some ointment somewhere that he says he'll administer when he gets home. Dancer is such a sweetheart, I hate to see her so uncomfortable.

Attached Image. (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 31-Jul-2008, 09:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Grandaughters first birthday which we held at our ren faire
http://www.sobophoto.com/
Lake Superiore ren faire day 2 page 7
little green farie at the bottom of [age

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
ballydun 
Posted: 01-Aug-2008, 10:34 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Albuquerque, New Mexico

female

Wow, I can't believe the summer has gone so quickly! My kids start school on the 12th of August!!

This Summer has been pretty busy here. Been traveling more than usual...wired considering the economy right now, but have had a lot of fun!

I will be closing my shop at the end of August. We just have never been really self-supporting and have needed a little help from our other business, so we decided to just give it up. I am sad, but relieved as well. I hope to continue selling at Celtic Fests and such as well as on my website, and really look forward to not working for a little while.

Hubby has been laying laminate flooring in our house. What a lot of work, but it will sure be pretty when he's done. Also getting new windows and landscaping! Gotta love those Home equity loans, huh?

Better stop rambling now. Great to hear from everyone and catch up on all of the news.

Take care everyone and God bless!
Barb

--------------------
[color=red]"I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision." Maya Angelou

PMEmail Poster               
pflanary 
Posted: 01-Aug-2008, 12:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Southwest VA (Lee Co.

female

Greeting to all,

It's good to be back and 'see' my celtic radio friends. Nice to see so many new folks, too.

My life has really changed since I was last here. I lost what was left of my job the middle of Mar. (Good riddence!). Within a week of that, my Da lost his driver's license because he had not gotten medical clearance to drive after his big accident in Aug. and another one in Oct. or Nov., and since why he blacked out/fell asleep causing the accidents was still unknown.

I was actually glad that he lost his license because I worried about him driving, especially with a useless left hand and arm but couldn't be with him much while I was working. So for a couple of months I was living a few days with him then a few days at home (80 miles away one way) until I got my animals all moved up here.

Now I'm living a life of leisure and loving it. I drive Da to all of his church meetings and Masses, dr. appts., shopping, eating out, etc. and make sure he uses his sleep apnea machine when he sleeps or naps, plus some light housekeeping and limited cooking. I also stay up late and sleep in like the true night owl I am.
I can't remember when I was last so undepressed--happy, actually!

Glad to be back and hope to be able to stay in touch.
Pat

--------------------
God then made man. The Italians for their beauty. The French for their cuisine. The Welsh for their voices. The Germans for their cars. And on and on until He looked at what He had created and said, "This is all very well, but no-one is having fun. I'll have to make an Irishman."
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
Posted: 03-Aug-2008, 07:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hello all!

I've added some more photos to my Flickr page!

http://flickr.com/photos/mdf3530/

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
jime307 
Posted: 04-Aug-2008, 05:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Jackson Hole, Wyoming USA

male

Great pics of your family in there mdf3530, and that cathedral is really beautiful, just think of how long it must have taken to make that stained glass! I just got home from weed whacking all day, I'm green in front but white and tan on the back of my clothes. Anyways, I'm about to leave to hunter safety soon. pflanary, I'm so happy to hear everythings going so well for you, that's fantastic. Wishing you all the best.

Jimmie
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 05-Aug-2008, 01:45 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello all,

MDF, loved your photos! Thanks so much for sharing!

Been a busy week for me with a lot happening.

My DH was having a major birthday this past weekend and I worked on 3 birthday parties for him. All went very well!

While planning these parties, I got stung by a bark scorpion I believe he hit me with as much venom as he could cause I was in severe throbbing pain for 10-1/2 hours. The pain itself did not go away for close to 22 hours. I was in great misery..at least I thought I was! I felt like such a baby! LOL

On a positive note, I sold three pieces of artwork in the past week!

All else goes well. Just hotter than Hades here in the desert these days.

Talk to you all soon!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]