> Congregational Sharing, Introduce Yourself to the Congregation
CelticRoz 
Posted: 12-Nov-2004, 05:51 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Hey Ami! Great to have you here. I hope you will find warmth and acceptance here on this site as I have and many others have. This is a great site. Feel free to share with us your spiritual walk as you feel led.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
gypseyreyne 
Posted: 16-Nov-2004, 07:30 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacRowan

female

Greetings to all of you.

I am a single mother of five beautiful daughters.
My oldest is married and I have a granddaughter named Alphabet. She is a greyhound they adopted from the greyhound rescue people. My son-in-law's father is a pastor who performed a ceremony he had them write to each other.

My next child is also married. I have a grandson who was kidnapped by his father and secreted away until a court decided my daughter had abandoned him. I do not see him. He is my prince I wait for. I also have a grand daughter whom I do see. We are a tribe of women.

My youngset is living with her aunt far away. She was suffering from a very bad case of empty nest syndrome 1 week after her youngest left for Air Force. So Sam I Am moved in with her. She rescued me when I was pregnant and continues to do so.

Chance is a daughter I gifted friends with. She is their light.

Destanie is in these two statments. 13. Red hair.

--------------------
Oh Lord! Thou knowest how busy I must be this day: if I forget thee, do not Thou forget me.Prayer uttered by Sir Philip Warwick before the battle of Edgehill.
PMEmail Poster               
Shamalama 
Posted: 17-Nov-2004, 09:01 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Conyers, GA

male

My name is Mark. My bride and soul-mate of 11 years is Denise. This is the second marriage for both of us, and we're helping each other to heal many emotional scars.

- I have a 23-year-old daughter named Stephanie. She has a BA in English, and one day wants to be a teacher.
- I have a 21-year-old son named Stephen. He is a US Marine currently serving in Afghanistan.
- I have a 19-year-old daughter named Tiffanie. She is studying Early Childhood Education in college.

I was raised from birth in a southern Baptist church. Today I follow in my grandfather's and uncle's footsteps as a layman part-time Music Minister in my small interdenominational church. You can see us at http://www.havenfellowship.org/ (you can see my ugly mug, when I had a goofy beard and before I got contacts, at http://www.havenfellowship.org/ministry.html)

I was "born" a Christian, but it's only been in the last 10 years that I have allowed the Holy Spirit to talk to me. It's still difficult to listen, sometimes, but I'm devoting a tiny bit more every day to following what God says to me and not what the world says to me.

The Holy Trinity is real. God exists. His Son, Jesus, walked the earth 2000 years ago. God's voice, the Holy Spirit, is alive today and is available to all that has ears to listen. Christianity is not a religion, nor just a philosophy - it's real. To deny any of the Trinity is to deny reality.

--------------------

Clan Mac Cullaich:
- Brewed in Scotland
- Bottled in Ulster
- Uncorked in America

Common Folk Using Common Sense
PMEmail Poster               
Celtic cat 
Posted: 27-Apr-2005, 04:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Florida

female

Hi......seems I have been avoiding posting here. Not really sure what to say, but here goes. I was raised by two women, which didn't include church. Teachings in the home included being open minded and believing in what felt right in my heart. My grandparents came to visit from Wisconsin and I went to church with them on two occasions at the local Catholic church. However I didn't go on my own until my freshmen year in high school, a friend invited me. I love most of Catholisicm but the mass started to lose its meaning. Our new priest had been a monk and he seemed way too solemn. Consequently, I began searching, and got involved in a new fad called Christian Wicca. It is very earth based and has a strong component of being one's own priest, which was very appealing. Shortly after I went on a date with a Baptist Protestant.....his preacher taught with the same "real life personality aka no ones perfect" approach. I have been there since. I am a Christian and my Jesus is in my life..... but no definite plans on the doctrine at the moment.

--------------------
*~Extinction is Forever~*

"For Those Who Can't Speak, We Must" -Tiger Creek
http://www.tigercreek.org/

"Man is born free, but is everywhere in chains."
~Jean-Jacques Rousseau

*Cha shoirbh triubhas a chur air cat.
It’s not easy to put trews on a cat.* CR

user posted image
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 30-Apr-2005, 01:03 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Thanks for sharing, Celtic Cat. I know it is scarey to share where we are in our spiritual path sometimes. As a Christian and as you read your Bible, it will lead you to Christ and not doctrine anyway. Doctrine is man-made. Some would say that the Bible is man-made too, but I don't believe that way. I believe it was devinely inspired by God Himself. God bless! smile.gif
Celtic cat 
Posted: 30-Apr-2005, 10:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Florida

female

Thank you CelticRose.
marti64 
  Posted: 23-Feb-2006, 09:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Worcester, Massachusetts

female

Hi All: I suppose I should tell you a little about myself. I grew up in a Massachusetts Congregational Church. I have taught sunday School, and have been a Deacon in my church.

I went to college in Nashua New Hampshire, at a small Catholic School. This environment enhance my belief in the Lord, and made me see that there was not just one way to worship.

I have been attending a small church in Massachusetts for 6 months now, that is far different from the one that I grew up in. There are not many members, but the people there are strong in their faith, and believe in the Word of the Lord, and that is what I need in my life right now.

There have been alot of changes in my life in the past few years, and without faith, there would have been no way that I could have gotten through it.

Now, that I have gone on forever(!!), I will say goodbye..for now, that is...I am looking forward to expanding my posts on this forum( and others) and getting to know you all

Love!!! Marti

--------------------
]AN EXCERPT FROM A POEM THAT I WROTE ON 10/11/07

WE CAN'T CHANGE WHAT WE HAVE DONE....
BUT ONLY TAKE A LESSON FROM EACH EXPERIENCE
AND MAKE THE MOST OF EACH MINUTE THAT WE HAVE LEFT
AND TELL OURELVES THAT IT IS OK TO LIVE, LAUGH AND CRY.....
PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE ALL WORK TOGETHER
TO GIVE US WHAT WE CAN AND SHOULD EXPERIENCE
AND WE NEED TO CHERISH ALL OF THE TIME
THAT WE SPEND WITH OURSELVES AND OTHERS MAKING THE MOST OF THE SPECIAL MEMORIES THAT ARE OURS..
AND THE ONES THAT WE HAVE YET TO CREATE WITH THE PEOPLE THAT WE HAVEN'T MET!!!!![/SIZE]
Elspeth 
Posted: 24-Feb-2006, 07:43 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

Welcome Marti! smile.gif

So glad you introduced yourself.

And again, write on all you like. We like getting to know people. smile.gif

Elspeth

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
crazykiltedcelt 
Posted: 23-May-2006, 01:11 PM
Quote Post

LOCH MOY
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: utah

male

Hi all I've been meaning to post here for some time so today i thought I better do it be for I forgot again.
Hi Iam Ken and like many of you I come fromm aCatholic background tryed Protesant and Ltheran chucrhes but never found what I was looking for. So I jion none for most of my youth. I was a diffult kid readng Shakesapre listen to Classical musci use logical thinking and common sences. At fifteen I found my chucrh home in the Churh Of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I have a Savior who is Jesus Christ , my advoicte with the Father and enjoy the compantionship of the Holy Ghost in my life. I 'am trying to spend at least 20 mins. per studing and puonding the sricptures each with pen and paper in hand to wirte down guideles I recive from the sprit as I read.
I'am gald to know many of you through your post so far and hope know many of us better as time goes on May the Blessing of lord and Savior be yours my brother and Sisters vin the Lord.

--------------------
shout freedom and loose the legs of woe

A man in a kilt is a man & an halve
PMEmail Poster               
ChocolateFilk 
Posted: 29-May-2006, 10:03 AM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacElder

Realm: San Diego Area

male

Hi All,

I am mostly a lurker, seldom post. Even in real life I don't say a whole lot. I am in my late 40s, and did not grow up in Christ. I came to Jesus and was baptized in September of 1983 at the church of Christ in La Mesa.

At the moment I am not attending church regularly, but still read my Bible 5 days a week. I am Married with no human youngens. Our youngens are 2 canines and three kitties. (See our Critters Here) I live in the San Diego area, am into Science Fiction, folk music and woodworking. I on the sound crew for San Diego Folk Heritage, and will be on the crew for the San Diego Highland Games next month in the city of Vista.

I have been amazed at how God has worked in my life all these years.

--------------------
Jesus is Lord ||| Love Kate ||| Clan Ross ||| Science Fiction ||| Windbourne Sound ||| Filker
PMEmail Poster               
sisterknight 
Posted: 29-May-2006, 10:51 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

Realm: clarks corner, new brunswick

female

well hello all...i guess it's about time i did a proper intro, so here goes.....my name is victoria(my friends call me vik)i grew up in the church of england(high anglican)sang in both junior and senior choir,was an altar"boy". i left the church after my parents divorced(the church would not even talk to us in our time of need and poo-poohed my mother for the divorce)i did continue to sing though(my gift from god according to my grandma)all through high school and college. my first marriage was in an old stone church by a friend of my mum's. i have a 23 years old son and was divorced when he was 6. i wandered between church and wicca for many years. i met the most wonderful man when i was working as fire dispatcher and we married in a presbyterian church. i still sing, not just in church choirs anymore, my gift has grown just as i have. i wear many different hats for my church......the singing is my way to give thanks to god(the big guy)for every day of my life, the good, bad and downright ugly....i know there is a reason for it all and in his good time he'll show me!!talk about going on tooooo much!!!!sorry

--------------------
non nobis domine,non nobis sed nomini tua da gloriam.

OKAY, WHAT DID I DO NOW??
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 30-May-2006, 02:29 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (ChocolateFilk @ 29-May-2006, 11:03 AM)
Hi All,

I am mostly a lurker, seldom post. Even in real life I don't say a whole lot. I am in my late 40s, and did not grow up in Christ. I came to Jesus and was baptized in September of 1983 at the church of Christ in La Mesa.

At the moment I am not attending church regularly, but still read my Bible 5 days a week. I am Married with no human youngens. Our youngens are 2 canines and three kitties. (See our Critters Here) I live in the San Diego area, am into Science Fiction, folk music and woodworking. I on the sound crew for San Diego Folk Heritage, and will be on the crew for the San Diego Highland Games next month in the city of Vista.

I have been amazed at how God has worked in my life all these years.

Well hey there CF! Sorry to abbreviate your name, but was easier for me. Hope you don't mind! Glad to have you here. Celtic radio is a terrific site with many terrific people so don't be shy about posting!

I see you are on the sound board for the San Diego games. I think you and I have spoken before because I am a major Wicked Tinkers fan. Hope the show goes well there. I get to see the band in July in Flagstaff, AZ and can hardly wait. Wish you could come join us!

Glad to see you are amongst the followers of Christ. I don't follow HIm perfectly in many ways, I am ashamed to say. But I am a strong believer that He is who He said he was and is to this day for us all. I attend a church and slowly but surely getting involved in it with friends I have made there. I say reluctantly for personal reasons. Let's just say I have been involved in too many church splits and knowing all the insides and outs, was very painful. I know there is no perfect church and I am far from perfect, but I still feel the need to be cautious.

I have been married for nearly 22 years now. Our youngins are four legged as well.

Hope to hear more from you! Write me privately if you would like.

speak soon!
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 20-Jul-2006, 10:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Hello, my real name is Robert and I've been a husband of 21 years and father of three (boy, girl, boy)and way too many cats and dogs. I was baptized Catholic, raised Lutheran and have always had a interest in all things spiritual. These interests led me from being a Lutheran to hanging out with and becoming one of the local "Jesus freaks" during my first three years of college. Went back to Lutheranism and spent one year in the seminary. Years later in my never ending search for truth I converted to Roman Catholicism. Right now I'm am earning my master's degree in Religious Education through a diocese extension course from Loyola University in New Orleans. Yes, God help me, I'm studying under the Jesuits LOL. Those who are RC know what I'm talking about. Hope I can learn from and add to the discussions here. shalom

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
RebeccaAnn 
Posted: 19-Mar-2007, 10:25 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Southren Illinois

female

I am not sure of many of these places yet and what many of the things mean or how to work here. I found this kirk while trying to figure out this strange new land and thought I would come in and listen a bit. I was afraid to post here at first but than I found two others. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Later-day Saints (LDS). I am RebeccaAnn. I was raised Southern Baptist and baptized with my brother when I was 9. When we were teens we went to the Salvation Army Church. Heavenly Father is the only father I have ever known. My father left us when I was 4 and so from the time I was 6 we were raised and taught by momma and Grammy. We were raised with the King James Bible and American Indian legends. We were taught at a very early age the only ones we could turn to, that would always be there for us no matter what are Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I went to a Catholic high school. Never could figure them out and was never accepted. I struggled with religion and how the churches were all so different. Why did the Catholics tell me I have to pray to saints and I can't go directly to the Lord? Why did they have Christ dead on the cross? In our church we had an empty cross and I often wore a beautiful cross with the Lord's Prayer in it that my grandmother gave me. Christ rose from the dead and lives today, so a proper cross should be empty. As you can imagine these concepts didn't go well with my teachers. Neither did the fact that I never went to confession and that I only went to mass when told I had to in school. Why confess your wrongs to the priest? He is just a man. If you have hurt another person go directly to that person and ask forgiveness. If you make a wrong turn or do a wrong go directly to the Lord and ask His help and forgivnnes. One day I asked momma what our religion was because our faith seemed not completely fit in with any. How can Heavenly Father and Jesus be one? They are two, if this is not so than when Jesus prays in the garden he is praying to himself. He isn't teaching because no one else is there. It's not logical. Then I found a story about how St. Patrick taught about the trinity using the shamrock. I found a clover and I understood. There are three leaves on one steam. Three people one in purpose. Momma said we have our own family religion. We are seekers of Light and Truth.
Good Friday 13 April 1979 I was baptized LDS. The missionaries called us dry Mormons and all we needed was proper baptism by one holding the proper authority from God. In the Book of Mormon I found the stories I learned as a small child. Jesus did come to the Americas and teach the people here. All that I knew to be true, I had found. At 13, I visited Temple Square in Salt Lake. The guide told us about the Temple and how it is a sacred place. I told the guide someday I will be married there. He just looked down at me and told me I would. When I was 16, Grammy was taken Home. I was lost and alone yet somehow I knew Grammy was watching over me and we would be together again forever.
Jim was baptized LDS 18 Sept 1982. 11 Oct 1983 we were sealed together forever as man and wife in Washington DC Temple and momma was sealed to her parents making us a Forever Family.
We are the parents of 5 wonderful children. Julianna is 20 and in her second year at Southern Virginia University. She is an honors student on academic scholarship and works at the school library. David just turned 18 on March 14th. He is in high school and attends the tech campus working in building trades. EmmaAnn is 9 and Sarah is 7. Jean-Thomas is our middle child and lives in Heaven with Jesus but watches over us always and visits from time to time. He sends rainbows. He says good music comes from Heaven as do all things good. He says there are two colors of people, dark and light. Has nothing to do with the color of the skin but the color within. Those who are dark you need to keep your distance yet at the same time love them and look to find the light hidden deep inside. Help them to find their hidden light. A stranger is just a friend I haven't yet met. Jean-Thomas is an angel come to earth for a short time. He lived a full and happy life and served a full-time mission and is still serving. Heavenly Father came and took him Home when he was 6 1/2. But in those few years he lived more than most live in a lifetime.
RebeccaAnn
PMEmail Poster               
Elspeth 
Posted: 20-Mar-2007, 08:13 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

Welcome Rebecca Ann!!

You certainly have had a full and fascinating faith journey so far.
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]