maggiemahone1 
Posted: 08-May-2002, 11:27 AM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

Have you ladies noticed anything? Not one ney or yeah from the male species. ::confused :-0

Did a ::ufo hover above and ::spacecraft every male alive?

maggiemahone1
PMEmail PosterUsers Website                View My Space Profile.
kylassie 
Posted: 08-May-2002, 02:55 PM
Quote Post

1st Queen of Scotland

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Kentucky

::jesterYes, Aon, we were only teasing you! You may post as you please here , we were just kidding !!!

I am with you Maggie - why haven't the guys had any comments? Do you think they are trying to hide something, or was this post just to bait us ladies into telling what we think about men who wear kilts?  ::shakehead

Let's just hope they don't post a poll regarding sporrans!!!!  
:D

--------------------
Slainte,

Janet

aka Kentucky Lassie

aka Janet, Queen of Scots :p
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 08-May-2002, 04:02 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

phew... good then :)
hey, I'm still young so excuse me when I'm uncertain in facing so much experience ;)
j/k

--------------------
Moderator: The Playground (RPG)

Carpe Jugulum
Carved with a twisted smile
An epitaph for sorrow
Sethian - Epitaph

If anybody wants a costum signature, pm me!
PMEmail Poster               
Skootz 
  Posted: 15-Aug-2002, 01:47 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacOak

Realm: Allen Tx

female

Hmmmm I would hope nothing  :-0

But question..to settle a bet of sorts between my BF and I:

I want to get a kilt-since I have a Clan, why not. Stenn says 'No women can't wear kilts' well..why not? I've never been referred to as a 'typical female' so my question is..why the heck not? Opinions?

--------------------
Fad Saol Agat and Blessed Be!
PMEmail Poster               
ColsohPIPER
Posted: 15-Aug-2002, 05:16 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

GO FOR IT.

Im buyin one as soon as I can save up some money again...

No women are more than welcome to wear kilts...Some die hard traditionalists still believe that a lady should wear only a ladies kilt.

Thats one option.  A ladies kilt tends to be more feminine, more flattering...they also, generally, are slightly longer and offten have less material...i.e. less pleats.  also they buckle on the oposite side...apart from these diferences they are very similar to the traditional kilt.  This said, it must not be true that women can't wear kilts, because there are kilts made specifically for us...

However, I am planning to buy the mens kilt myself...probably because someone told me i had to get a ladies kilt.  Actually i plan to buy a couple...one will prolly be a ladies kilt, but for my main kilt, my piping kilt i want it to be traditional, I want the heavy material, I want all the pleats...I WANT WHAT I WANT...

So you need to decide what you want..and when you decide GO FOR IT...dont let a smelly man tell you what you can and cant wear.   MAKE HIM WEAR THE KILT THEN

GOOD LUCK

CP (d)

Cabbagehome 
  Posted: 16-Aug-2002, 09:46 AM
Quote Post

Viking Queen of the Fair Isles

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Howell, Michigan USA

:D I love kilts. The little kilt like ColsohPIPER is getting for piping compatition. has been fashanable for women for many decaides (seen mostly in girls clothes.) With plaids coming back in style. You would be a big hit in your kilts.  There is a company in Texas that makes work kilts.  I'm rather fond of the Great Kilt. Watching a guy pleat and get into on of those is interesting.  Wish I could find old style brooch, to hold top peice.
PMEmail Poster               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 16-Aug-2002, 10:17 AM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

I'm hoping to see alot of kilts this week-end at the Highlander Games and Celtic Festival. My first time ever for the Games. I'm taking the digital camera, so hope to post some pictures.

Plaids are definetly making a come back, I remember in the 70's when the guys wore those plaid bell-bottoms. I seen some plaid hip-huggers for the female sex at Wal-Mart the other day. They were groovy! :)

maggiemahone1
PMEmail PosterUsers Website                View My Space Profile.
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 16-Aug-2002, 05:24 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

hmm... I just love kilts. I have a very short tartan (mcdonald of glencoe) skirt but I still think kilts look best on men.
But everyone should wear what he/she likes, cos it's our personal taste that makes us individuals. So why can't women wear kilts? we do wear trousers today ;)
PMEmail Poster               
Skootz 
  Posted: 19-Aug-2002, 08:27 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacOak

female

Quote (Guest @ Aug. 15 2002,6:16)
GO FOR IT.

Im buyin one as soon as I can save up some money again...

No women are more than welcome to wear kilts...Some die hard traditionalists still believe that a lady should wear only a ladies kilt.

Thats one option. A ladies kilt tends to be more feminine, more flattering...they also, generally, are slightly longer and offten have less material...i.e. less pleats. also they buckle on the oposite side...apart from these diferences they are very similar to the traditional kilt. This said, it must not be true that women can't wear kilts, because there are kilts made specifically for us...

However, I am planning to buy the mens kilt myself...probably because someone told me i had to get a ladies kilt. Actually i plan to buy a couple...one will prolly be a ladies kilt, but for my main kilt, my piping kilt i want it to be traditional, I want the heavy material, I want all the pleats...I WANT WHAT I WANT...

So you need to decide what you want..and when you decide GO FOR IT...dont let a smelly man tell you what you can and cant wear. MAKE HIM WEAR THE KILT THEN

GOOD LUCK

CP (d)

See that's how I look at it too :). Figure, heck if I am going to spend the money to get the Tartan, then I might as well get the whole 9 yards [pun intended]. I've never been one to hold to what is expected [wear Rockies and boots but HATE country music *lol*.], so there it is. Besides I look great in a tux jacket, so I think I'll just get the whole Charlie outfit.

Thanks for the input ya'll! You have helped me TONS!
PMEmail Poster               
Cabbagehome 
  Posted: 21-Aug-2002, 11:12 AM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

:p The whole 9 yards?  That's a great kilt. For down right, old style, good looks, team your kilt up with a tweed, high neck, fisherman, cable sweater. Add cable knee highs and a matching tam.
PMEmail Poster               
Skootz 
  Posted: 21-Aug-2002, 02:14 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacOak

female

Quote (Cabbagehome @ Aug. 21 2002,12:12)
:p The whole 9 yards? That's a great kilt. For down right, old style, good looks, team your kilt up with a tweed, high neck, fisherman, cable sweater. Add cable knee highs and a matching tam.

Oh no...itchty that. *lol*
PMEmail Poster               
Cabbagehome 
  Posted: 22-Aug-2002, 07:39 AM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

:-0 Well! If you're going for the SCA appoved look, you would have a leinen on under the wool items, except for the socks. We now have the choice of yarns and your outfit could be a soft as silk, as cool as cotten, or itchy as raw wool.
PMEmail Poster               
Skootz 
  Posted: 23-Aug-2002, 08:01 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacOak

female

Quote (Cabbagehome @ Aug. 22 2002,08:39)
:-0 Well! If you're going for the SCA appoved look, you would have a leinen on under the wool items, except for the socks. We now have the choice of yarns and your outfit could be a soft as silk, as cool as cotten, or itchy as raw wool.

SCA? Oh no no no..that is a dirty term around me. I am going for something entirely me :-0 . After all, it will have to go with the tatts [one of which is my Clan Badge] and the piercings here and there :p . *lol* Like I said, not your typical female *ROFLMCLAO!*

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
::smilingcolors ::smilingcolors
PMEmail Poster               
Cabbagehome 
Posted: 10-Oct-2002, 08:28 AM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

Well Skootz, did you get your kilt?  Did you get a little one of the whole nine yards?  Inquiring minds want to know. :-0
PMEmail Poster               
Knightly Knight 
Posted: 27-Oct-2002, 07:05 PM
Quote Post

King of the Kowboys
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Saint Louis, Missouri

male

Here is my Kilt question. Everyone in the family knows my fathers side is from Scotland but the family name was changed. No one remembers what the family name was or exactly when it was changed. IS there a generic tartan I can get for a kilt in order not to offend another family until at least i can chase down the correct name and get the correct plaid?

Please give me a yell if you know the answer and thanks

--------------------
If Jimmy cracked corn and no one cares, Why is there a song about it?
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt