Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Bethlehem 2005- September, Who's coming this year?
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 14-Sep-2005, 03:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Winston-Salem, North Carolina

male

QUOTE (Eamon @ 14-Sep-2005, 10:10 AM)
A Shrule,

Cool. Could use a glass.

If you guys are in town Sunday night, the Tannahill Weavers are down in Sellersville...maybe 20 minutes south of the CF. The venue is a small theater...probably not to much more that 200-300 seats, so it will be rockin. I saw Doogie McLean there last year...awesome.

Eamon

Ed, your welcome to have more than a glass but you need to come back to the hotel. I don't think the town fathers would like to see me slugging on a bottle of wine, walking through the fest. biggrin.gif angel_not.gif

Annabelle flies out on Sunday afternoon and after that, I have an almost 2 hour drive to get back home. I don't think I'll be able to make the Weavers.

When you figure out what day or days you are coming, bounce some ideas at me of where you want to meet. If your coming early enough, you can meet us at the hotel.
PMEmail Poster               
Irish Stepper 
Posted: 14-Sep-2005, 03:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacOak

Realm: Maryland

female

Alrighty! I'll keep an eye out for you. I'm not sure what we'll be doing when. I'll probably all over the place since I've never been to a large Celtic Festival like this. And I'll only be there Saturday. We might pop over on Sunday morning as well. Do you guys use the shuttle that they talk about on their website?

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 14-Sep-2005, 03:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

I use the parking garage by the Bethlehem Brewery. Turn onto Main St. at the brewery, drive about 200 ft. and make the next left at the Irish shop, go up the hill till you get to the parking garage on the right. The high school kids take care of the garage for the weekend and charge $10 for the whole day. Just walk down to the bottom of the hill to the fest. The hard part is climbing back up after a whole day of walking the fest.
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted: 14-Sep-2005, 07:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Shelley I sure hope to find you in the crowd! It would be wonderful to sit and chat !
I really hope to see you there! Print up that picture of us and I'll be on the look out for that innocent face of yours!

biggrin.gif Annabelle

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 15-Sep-2005, 08:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (Annabelle @ 13-Sep-2005, 11:39 PM)
Nag Nag Nag!

Dat's a girls job to shop! Hopefully Michelle G. W. will keep me in line this year. But I doubt it!

Need more rugs!

Annabelle

disgust.gif Trying to say, you and my cousin will spend the WHOLE time shopping at the fest???

Guess I'll be spending more time at the brewery. beer.gif smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Irish Stepper 
Posted: 19-Sep-2005, 02:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

female

Well that picture is a bit old. Might want to look at the more recent one that I uploaded into the gallery. That will give ya a better idea of how the last 10 years have taken a toll on my innocence! tongue.gif laugh.gif
Irish Stepper 
Posted: 19-Sep-2005, 02:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

female

I went ahead and updated my profile photo too. Now you can see the whole gang! I'll be with the hubby, but I'm leaving the kids with grandma! You'll probably be able to pick him and his "Bud 8" hat out of the crowd easier than finding me! laugh.gif rolleyes.gif Hope to see ya there!
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 19-Sep-2005, 03:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

Wow!! Bethlehem is such a kid friendly event and your leaving them behind?? Don't show them the pictures. Your going to have to make up excuses of why they couldn't have come.

Since you said you are coming on Saturday and leaving some time on Sunday, where are you staying for the night? Is it at the Hilton Garden Inn by the airport? If so, I need to bring more wine glasses. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Irish Stepper 
Posted: 19-Sep-2005, 03:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

female

We're staying at the Sheraton in Reading. My husband works for their parent company and he got a certificate for 2 free nights. This is going to be a long overdue get-away for us. Now that I think of it, I don't remember us going on a trip by ourselves since we've had the boys. This will also be my first Highland festival, so I want to be able to take it all in without, "mom I'm bored...can we leave now?". There's no way they'd be able to sit still and just listen to music. That's such a waste of time to kids! wink.gif rolleyes.gif I'm gonna be selfish. This is a totally ME trip without having to schedule things around them! laugh.gif
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 19-Sep-2005, 04:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

Can you switch to one of the Sheraton properties in the Bethlehem area? Reading isn't exactly around the corner.
PMEmail Poster               
Irish Stepper 
Posted: 19-Sep-2005, 05:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

female

Nope...the company, Meyer Jabara only owns a few hotels in PA, and the certificate is specifically for the one in Reading. I know it's not around the corner, but that's ok. I drive 75 miles one way to work everyday, so anything less than an hour away is considered close for me! cool.gif
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 19-Sep-2005, 06:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

laugh.gif Something tells me, you won't be coming back to Bethlehem on Sunday. There's no easy way to go from Reading to Bethlehem. Rt. 202 goes through every little mining and steel town. Your best bet is to follow the turnpike and come up that way but that is still a pretty good drive.

Guess that means you won't be joining us for some refreshments afterwards. sad.gif
PMEmail Poster               
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 19-Sep-2005, 08:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

Sorry bout that, it was meant to be Rt. 222, not 202. Any way, it will be slow going on that road.
PMEmail Poster               
Eamon 
Posted: 20-Sep-2005, 10:05 AM
Quote Post

Captain of the Prydwen
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

male

A Shrule,

Looks like I will be up on Friday evening. Where are you guys going to be?

Eamon

--------------------
"I care not whether I die tomorrow or next year, if only my deeds live after me." -Cuchullain

"Bíodh roinnt de sin agat!"
PMEmail Poster               
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 20-Sep-2005, 03:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

Ed, we should be there fairly early(5:00ish). Pick a time when you think you will be there and we can meet by the sound board, in the main tent. Just look for the redhead with the huge Canon camera and camera bag. That will be Annabelle.

Are you staying for the weekend and if so, where are you staying? We are at the Hilton Garden Inn, on Airport Rd. if you haven't made plans on staying yet. http://www.hiltongardeninn.com/en/gi/hotel...ctyhocn=ABEGIGI
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]