> Drunken Sailor, Listener Album Review
hlegg 
Posted: 29-Feb-2012, 07:26 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacRowan

male

Love this album. The Irish Rovers just make me feel good and they're getting better with age! Two favorites are Titanic and Whores and Hounds. Embarrassed to say I didn't actually know Titanic was built in Belfast until I heard the song - really beautiful.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 22-May-2012, 04:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
254,888 Gold!

Review of the Irish Rovers "Drunken Sailor" authored by Carol Stepp....

"Back in the 1960s, I managed a merchant seamans' bar in Corpus Christi, Texas. I had the privilege, for a few years, of serving "booze" to men (and a few women) from all over the world who came in on merchant ships. This was one of the best times of my life.

Fast forward a few years to a time when I had a chance to see The Irish Rovers live in concert - a quartet I had long liked because of their song "The Unicorn", and which took me to buying two of their cassettes. They did a good show, and somehow, I got a tin whistle from one of them, which I have to this day. Unfortunately, as music came in on better sources (like CDs), my tapes got relegated to a box and I forgot about the Rovers for a time...."

http://www.celticradio.net/php/news.php?item=1084

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]