> The Gathering Place, A place to blether
Cookie Mans Wife 
Posted: 14-Nov-2007, 04:45 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

female

Well apparently I'm having issues burning this CD. I shall be leaving shortly. I will see you when I get there. cool.gif
PMEmail Poster               
leenie 
Posted: 14-Nov-2007, 04:46 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Devil Riders
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Illinois

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
38,905 Gold!

Lady of Avalon and Gwenlee...I've recovered nicely from the all nighter. Made it until 9 PM last night for a total of 38 hours awake UGH Back to work tomorrow.

Cookie..Don't have any dinner plans been gone all day again. If only I had a maid and cook.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Perkeo 
Posted: 15-Nov-2007, 01:55 AM
Quote Post

Lord of the Drink
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #1
4,474,791 Gold!

King of CelticRadio!

Clan: AWARE

Greetings everyone!

I really need to make my visits here more frequently. Maybe I'll cut down on some of my hobbies......nah!

Anyway, it's been a better year this time around. Started a new job...getting ready to quit that one and start another new one. Some day I hope to win the Lotto so I don't have to work....well, I can dream anyway.

I hope every one is doing well....winter is coming...get out the good rum/whiskey or what ever warms your insides and be safe.

Cheers! beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Member since 2004
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 15-Nov-2007, 09:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Already got a glass of mead onmy desk ready to go. thought I would drop in, post a bit, and see what if anythoing is going on. I've got the house to myself-too bad I have to get these papers done or I could have a fairly decent night. maybe even take a walk about before it gets too cold. Hoping everyone is keeping warm and toasty. Gotta go throw the dogs toy now before he squeeks the heck out of it.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 18-Nov-2007, 07:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hey everyone!

I'm gonna sleep good tonight. I'm over at my parents' house and I was putting up their icicle lights on their gutter. After I was done, I went across the street to look at it from the neighbor's point of view. I've already got my tree up and icicle lights hanging in my window at my apartment. The lights on the tree and in the window are the clear kind. I want them to match and I hate the colored icicle lights.

I've updated my Flickr page too!

http://flickr.com/photos/mdf3530/

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 21-Nov-2007, 08:34 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Georgia

female

So, is anyone working today? I'm the only one in my office so far and I only expect one other person to join me. We have 9 people in this office on normal days but most everyone has taken this week for vacation time and a couple of folks are "working at home." right...

But, I found that I can get live365 on my compy here at work which I previously had problems accessing. I switched computers with someone else in the office when she upgraded and I never thought to see if the newer, cooler compy would let me access my fave radio station. Today, I gave it a try and EUREKA! here I have my wonderful celtic music again. Happy dance time!

So, I'm settling in to get a lot of work done, go home early, and enjoy a couple of days off. In the meantime, let's see who else is out there...anybody?????

--------------------
Check out my new blog at www.dilettantesdilemma.blogspot.com
Patti, The Celtic Pretentious Wombat

Feel the Teal! The year is 1599, and a new musical sensation is sweeping the youth of England! Dude! Life is Good! Visit The Lost Boys Online
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
valpal59 
Posted: 21-Nov-2007, 08:40 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Yes, I am working today. We get off at noon and don't come back until Monday. clap.gif
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 21-Nov-2007, 08:59 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

Pretty much, I think we get off today when we decide we've had enough. I think it will be shortly after lunchtime. The only bad thing about having both Thursday and Friday off is that I'm just part-time and I don't get paid for the holidays. So, I've had to work extra hours all month to make up for my ten hours that I'll lose. Fortunately, it's been a very busy month and it hasn't been hard to accomplish putting in an extra hour here and there.

Today, I'm really busy and I sure do enjoy listening to this lovely music. And I can turn up the volume since nobody is around to hear it. My boss hasn't come in yet and her office is way in the back, anyway, so she won't notice the music. Shoot, if I have to be here today, I'm going to enjoy it!

Holiday hugs!
biggrin.gif
Rindy 
Posted: 21-Nov-2007, 09:11 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Just checking in really quick to say Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate it. If your traveling travel safe. We have snow and 5 degrees I'm not going anywhere.

gwenlee, this is the second snowfall this year.

pretentiouswombat I am also working and love listening to Highlander Radio!!

I am thankful to have all of you here on Celtic Radio and thankful for the wonderful music.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
leenie 
Posted: 21-Nov-2007, 09:47 AM
Quote Post

Queen of the Devil Riders
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Illinois

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
38,905 Gold!

OH Rindy...be careful driving ..5 degrees..Good Grief! I suppose you are used to the temp. and the snow where you live.
Pretentiouswombat.. at least if you have to work , you can listen to good music while you do it. biggrin.gif
Hello Valpal. Hope all of your Thanksgivings turn out wonderfully. To all who are traveling...please be careful..(that's the mother in me telling you this) can't help myself.
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 21-Nov-2007, 10:23 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

I was listening to the radio on the way to work this morning and they were talking about all the people traveling this weekend and I, for one, am glad that I don't have to go much of anywhere. My dad lives about 15 minutes from me and he is taking us to dinner at a restaurant near him so that's it when it comes to my travel plans.

Down here in Georgia, we have gone from unseasonably warm weather to unseasonably cold and back to warm again. Today I left the house with just a sweater on and that's been the norm for the past couple of days. It certainly is good for the heating bills! I got mine the other day and I didn't have a stroke (which is what usually happens in the winter months).

Well, my boss got here, so now I have company. :-) Then one of the big bosses from our main office called in and I think we got brownie points for coming in today. Always nice to earn a few of them whenever possible.

Ah, I hear the B-Bards! That's one that I requested. Happy dance!

Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 21-Nov-2007, 03:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

I get HR at my workplace now too after I dished out 10 bucks for a pair of speakers. What can I say, cheap employeer but at least I get to irritate the h out of my coworker. He hates any kind of music. Today he called LeAnn Rimes a banshee. Bugger always turns everything down so you can't hear anything. Doesn't matter whose music it is.

Anyway I get HR during my breaks and for the first hour of the morning. Love it.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. We got lots of snow today.
PMEmail Poster               
Cookie Mans Wife 
Posted: 21-Nov-2007, 07:01 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHolly

female

Looking for leenieww tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 21-Nov-2007, 10:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

I had to work Tuesday night, which for you day workers that would be today. Any way, I am up right now cooking for tomorrow. I have the pumpkin pies in the oven and I have made the sweet potato bake, and deviled eggs. The rest will wait until tomorrow.

I have a bunch of people coming over which is going to be real nice.

All of you that get to listen the HR at work are so lucky. I have to bring my CDs and a few of them are wearing out.

Pretentious-How did I miss meeting another Georgia girl? Did you get rain your way. We got some today.

Rindy I hope you are enjoying the snow and staying warm. I love snow but I don't like to travel in it. Mainly because it brings out the worse in people here in the south. Folks down here think that because they 4 wheel drive that they can drive fast and crazy and even those that don't have 4 wheel drive just don't drive with caution. Any way I do miss seeing the snow covered mountain, the first snow of the year but not the cold.

Is anyone planning on shopping the day after Thanksgiving?
I'm not. I don't like the madness.

Well I smell the pies, I better go check them

Happy Thanksgiving everyone

Gwenlee

CelticRoz 
Posted: 21-Nov-2007, 10:50 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Greetings all! I am so very sorry I have not been around. This year has been horrendous for me and our family. We have a huge family and there is always something going on. I sure hope things calm down after the first of the year! would be nice anyway. At this time we have a family member who was expected to die on Sunday night and miracously woke up yesterday, spoke of his wishes to not have the plug pulled on him and got off the ventilator and is expected to go home in a couple weeks! How's that for miracles?! We have much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving!

Just did an American Revolution reenactment this past 3 day weekend. Was lots of fun and the fellow participants are always terrific. Don't have my next 18thc reenactment till February next year! Huzzah!

Will be posting photos in the reenactment forum as soon as I get them all done.

In the meantime, wanted to wish you all a very Happy and safe Thanksgiving.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]