Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Site Re-Design, We are cleaning house!
CelticRadio 
Posted: 05-Feb-2010, 08:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
198,556 Gold!

Some good news about Celtic Radio. We are starting on a partial site re-design!

We hope to accomplish the following with the re-design:

1. Much simplier design.
2. Quicker loading.
3. Employ new technologies such as Ajax
4. More enjoyable user experience.

The forums will be staying though as is. Only the top user interface will change and our radio and music pages will see the biggest changes. The forums will have some enhancements to the user profiles such as adding twitter and facebook and removing older type contact systems.

Unlike prior development, this one will take place completely hidden until it is completed.

During this time we are open to all suggestions. If there is something you hate about our site, post it here. If there is something you love or something you would like to change, let us know here!

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 13-Feb-2010, 03:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
198,556 Gold!

The new design is now available on our main page. There still is alot of work we are doing to our main page and our playlist/album pages. Once we perfect the theme we will be moving the new design into the forum part of our site.

For now, the old them will be displayed in our forums. Eventually we are going to rebrand all of our pages with this new theme.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 14-Feb-2010, 08:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
198,556 Gold!

For the next 2-3 weeks things are going to be a little different across the site as we upgrade some of our technologies.

Can't upgrade everything at once, so we are handling it in pieces.

Our new policy on advertisments will centralize the google ads to one location on the page, so we are removing the more annoying ones that get in the way! But that does leave one big google ad at the top which can easily be turned off if you are premium account holder.

Once we get the new login, registration and process flow working good we shall start working on our "now playing" box on our main page.
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 15-Feb-2010, 02:36 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Look forward to seeing the new changes! smile.gif

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
MDF3530 
Posted: 15-Feb-2010, 11:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

I like the retro look thumbs_up.gif !

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Shadows 
Posted: 16-Feb-2010, 07:55 AM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

Lacks personallity if you ask me....but does seem to load faster.

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
WallaceGal 
Posted: 16-Feb-2010, 08:20 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Highland MI

female

Loads very fast, but the header is a bit plain compared to what I'm used to. I know how much work goes into this though so Kudos!!

--------------------
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Slàinte!
PMEmail Poster                
Rindy 
Posted: 16-Feb-2010, 04:15 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

I love it! I like how you combined the color schemes. Nice and clean looking. It's just going to take a getting used to as anything new does. I realize it's very time consuming but I just want to say "great job!" thumbs_up.gif

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 16-Feb-2010, 10:34 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

I luv it!!!
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 17-Feb-2010, 08:33 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
198,556 Gold!

Thanks for everyones feedback. Part of the decision in changing the design header was more geared towards simplicity and usability. Our biggest complaint from new members is it is just too confusing to play the music. Hopefully our LISTEN NOW button addresses that.

The next phase of the re-design will focus heavily on our front page, album pages, and a re-review of profiles. Think we need to add facebook, twitter, etc. to profiles. We also got some excellent new technology to inject into the music part of our site which will be very exciting for us.

Thanks for your feedback - we appreciate your honesty and hopefully we can attract more people to our site once this redesign is done. Any and all suggestions will be considered.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 21-Feb-2010, 12:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
198,556 Gold!

The Control Panel (commonly referred to as the Founder's Control Panel) is now completed with our new design and menu navigation system.

Next up will be the Web Services control panel which is not functioning right now. Should have it completed later today.

After that we are going to be working solely on the main page, followed by our album pages and then some clean up work throughout the site.

Undecided on the Medieval Theme for parts of our site. We may leave it intact and return the medieval forums to the previous theme.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 24-Feb-2010, 08:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
198,556 Gold!

The Web Services system (now Called Web CP on the member bar) has now been completed.

Web Services is a place where you can create a free webpage using one of our many Celtic themed domains. We offer free webpages and paid webpages using a simple interface. Coming soon will be a community webpage showcasing everyones website.

Both the Premium Control Panel and the Web Services control panel use our newly designed interface. Check it out, its faster and easier to use:

http://www.celticradio.net/php/founder/upgrade.php

http://www.celticradio.net/php/hosting/index.php

Next phase of our redesign project will entail our main page. Right now we are converting database scripts that only need to run periodically to static HTML pages so our main page will load even faster and the load on the servers will be less. Ok, that mumble jumble just means our site will be really cool behind the scenes! smile.gif

Since we started this project we are receiving 500 more visits a day!

We will keep updating this thread with the latest on our redesign project.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 28-Feb-2010, 09:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
198,556 Gold!

If all goes well our mini site redesign is about 2 weeks to completion.

We took a diversion to work on our album pages before we finish up on our main page and the end of the project. Here is an example of the new ALBUM pages:

http://www.celticradio.net/php/playlist.ph...bum&exact=exact

1) MP3 Download widget displays instead of the album cover for easily purchasing songs.
2) Editorial Review of the CD is pulled directly from Amazon.com.
3) New browse all CDs of an artist.
4) Link navigation in our playlist is being enhanced so you can click on the artist name to see all songs of an artist.
5) Song Info, Requests and Favorite pop-up notification have been converted to our special effects gray box (cool effect).
6) Cleaned up formating and a few new icons.

All in all we are pretty happy with the new design and this week we will be updating all of our playlist pages to this type of format (Queue, Last 25 songs, etc.).

Next we will work on our search box at the top of our page which we plan to show an auto completion as you type in the music search term and will be much more usable.

And finally our main page will be completed with a bunch of new fun latest technically stuff to make the music experience on our site much more enjoyable.

Again our EST time to completion is for St. Patrick's Day! smile.gif
CelticRadio 
Posted: 07-Mar-2010, 10:06 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
198,556 Gold!

Ajax search is now available on our music search located at the top left of our page. No, we are not talking about cleaner! smile.gif

Try typing in a search term for an artist you are looking for and you will see a display box giving suggested items you are looking for. Search is available for Artist, Album and Song.

We are closing in on finalizing the site redesign. Coming up this week will be our main page which will undergo some changes. It's possible we might add a cloud tag box to our main page now that we have search terms working good.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 08-Mar-2010, 06:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
198,556 Gold!

We have completed the "NOW PLAYING" new box on our main page. Tabs are now available to show:
  • Current Song Playing
  • If there is a MP3 download
  • Any Reviews
  • All Artist Albums
  • Similar Artist Albums

We have discontinued the automatic refresh on our main page as well as seconds to the song finishes as the current Now Playing Widget is more user driven and automatic refresh would interfere with the browsing of the tabs above.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]