> Been A Long Time, sca
Rindy 
Posted: 05-Oct-2007, 11:40 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

female

Welcome to Celtic Radio Rowan. Sekhmet I didn't know you did this! thumbs_up.gif Way to go!!!

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 07-Oct-2007, 03:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Our SCA is hit and miss up here. We keep trying to pull a group together but the interest is just not there yet. As well a good meeting place. Even though we do carry insurance sword play tends to scare most of the groups who let us use their facilities and we usually end up looking for someplace new. Senior citizen town. Things right now are in limbo once again altough another local medival group is disolving so we might get a few of their members and swell the ranks abit.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 07-Oct-2007, 03:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Oh, cool name Rowan, same as my new grandaughter! My SCA name is the same as my user name.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 19-Oct-2007, 08:25 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

we have a rather large SCA group here in Arizona. I am not part of the SCA, but they helps our 18thc re-enactor/living history enthusiast group out a lot in some of our events. Often times the SCA is set up next to us and so we have fun working together. In Flagstaff this past July, many of the SCA came dressed as Pirates and participated with us in a skit. It was tons of fun!

In regards to relationships, I could see how they can either form or break up. My hubby is way too shy to be doing something like re-enacting. His brother is the one who got me into it and I don't really act. I am their official photographer but I do have to dress in period clothing and know (ever learning) the history of the time period. I find both doing the research and sharing it with the public extremely fasinating and gratifying. My hubby just enjoys seeing me get dressed up in funny clothes and having fun with it, so I have his full support that way and it works.

I have two events coming up in November!
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
seamusmaccorcrain 
Posted: 20-Nov-2007, 09:06 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Barony of Bergental, East Kingdom, SCA

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #31
40,181 Gold!

Welcome fellow Scadians from the Barony of Bergental, East Kingdom!

I'm a combat archer and siege engineer, and Marshall in training in siege, and combat archery smile.gif

My next store neighbor is GrayWolf the Gonner, ex-seige general for EK, for those who may be familiar with the name.....and right now we've got 2 companies of siege engines that just got put away for the winter, from their usual places on our front lawn. Me thinks our other neighbors are finally getting used to seeing folks in armor etc around as much as they are during the warmer months LOL

Like many here , the SCA is a family affair and I'm glad it is smile.gif My wife is a Baronial Officer, and at present I'm Baronial Siege Champion....we'll see if we can make the position more permanent, so I can pass along the banner at the next competion this coming year!
Right now, I'm sitting here looking out the window at the SNOW and thinking of all the time before spring and wartime again darnit! Tho I'm thankful that our Yule feast will be in just a few more weeks so at least there is some activity going on!

BTW the moniker here is my Scadian name as well ,

YIS, Seamus

Rindy 
Posted: 20-Nov-2007, 03:52 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Welcome to Celtic Radio seamusmaccorcrain. I hope your enjoying the music as well as the great people that are here on the forums. I look forward to you posting.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
seamusmaccorcrain 
Posted: 12-Dec-2007, 08:53 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacHazel

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #31
40,181 Gold!

Haven't been able to listen as much lately as I'd like due to job hunting and life happening but I'm hoping to get to listen more and participate in the forums more as well.

Am also still recovering from a bout of Yule with the Sea Tigers down in Ct.....party was still going strong when we left at 1:00 am!!!!

Seamus
Rindy 
Posted: 15-Feb-2008, 04:26 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

seamusmaccorcrain are you still alive? Haven't heard from you. lol.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
jime307 
Posted: 28-May-2008, 12:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Jackson Hole, Wyoming USA

male

QUOTE (Robert Phoenix @ 07-Oct-2007, 04:35 PM)
Our SCA is hit and miss up here.  We keep trying to pull a group together but the interest is just not there yet.  As well a good meeting place.  Even though we do carry insurance sword play tends to scare most of the groups who let us use their facilities and we usually end up looking for someplace new.  Senior citizen town.  Things right now are in limbo once again altough another local medival group is disolving so we might get a few of their members and swell the ranks abit.

Aye it's the same way here, although I don't know any adults willing to do it, I bet if I put up signs or something I'd get tons, but no one so far has tried to pull a group together, I know a lot of people who would be very happy to make one, but as law states, I guess I'm not old enough to start a group, plus I have really no Idea how or Io would've started one long ago...

I wish I could get into it, but the closest group is half a state away, an almost hour and a half drive, and to go to meetings frequently would be tough to convince someone to take me there:lol:

--------------------

St. Patrick's Day countdown banner
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               View My Space Profile.
seamusmaccorcrain 
Posted: 08-Dec-2008, 10:21 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacHazel

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #31
40,181 Gold!

QUOTE (jime307 @ 28-May-2008, 01:46 PM)
Aye it's the same way here, although I don't know any adults willing to do it, I bet if I put up signs or something I'd get tons, but no one so far has tried to pull a group together, I know a lot of people who would be very happy to make one, but as law states, I guess I'm not old enough to start a group, plus I have really no Idea how or Io would've started one long ago...

I wish I could get into it, but the closest group is half a state away, an almost hour and a half drive, and to go to meetings frequently would be tough to convince someone to take me there:lol:

Still alive........we just had our Yule festivites, in conjunction with the Barony Beyond the Mountain, and our own Barony of Bergental......had quite a large gathering and Feast was sold out again, as usual for either of our Baronies!

On an even better not, I'm now qual'd as a CA marshall, and still an MIT for seige, and will be going for my Thrown Weapons Marshallate as well soon. And.....on the Baronial level, I was inducted into the Order of the Sable Bear, our martial arts service organization, and , on the Kingdom Level, recieved my AOA this weekend !!!!!!!

Yipee!!!!!!!

Seamus
Rindy 
Posted: 09-Dec-2008, 01:40 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

It's good to hear from you Seamus and congratulations on your achievements!

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
seamusmaccorcrain 
Posted: 18-Dec-2008, 09:02 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacHazel

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #31
40,181 Gold!

Thank you smile.gif

May the Celtic music flow like the mead and the ale and other wonderful things we've given to the world at large!

YIS,

Lord Seamus
stoirmeil 
Posted: 14-Jan-2009, 06:05 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

Well, Sekhmet, this thread inspired me to stick my nose in at the Canton of the Grate Whyt Whey, which is where I live now -- I was active (very) some 25 years ago in the Barony of the Bridge (Providence). Feeling a bit like an anemic revenant -- hardly any of the old guard are still there, unless they all changed their names, which I doubt. How much are they into really carefully executed garb anymore? Or good hand-made feasts where you need a spit boy, or live music for the dancing? I used to know some of the old Ostgardrs, and the site and postings seem very mild and low-key for that bunch. You still doing much with the SCA?

stoirmeil, or I should say Lucasta della Canzona Transalpina.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]