> Wicked Tinkers, Highlander Radio Featured Artist
Rindy 
Posted: 30-Jan-2006, 09:17 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

female

I just got this in my email for all you night owls...

We will be on "THE LATE LATE SHOW WITH CRAIG FERGUSON" tonight on CBS. We just got the show a few hours ago Monday Jan. 30. Don't know much more! If you are up late check us out!!

TICKETS SALES STOP ON WEDNESDAY! We will be doing our first Burns Supper in Southern CA on February 4 at The Scottish Rite Center. The same place we had our Samhain Show. Go here for info and tickets: Tickets

So sorry to hear about Craig Fergusons fathers passing..

Slainte, Warren

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 01-Feb-2006, 03:01 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

I watched it, of course! biggrin.gif I had never heard of the Craig Ferguson show before! What a delightful Scottish accent he has! What a memorial he did for the recent passing of his father.

Anyway, the WT were delightful, as usual, and made me anxious to see them again this coming July! I already have my reservations! wink.gif thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 01-Feb-2006, 05:28 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

CR, It's good to see you and I am glad you got to watch it. I had programed my vcr to tape it all I got was black fuzz but I did manage to get a clip of the memorial and I like this Ferguson.. but did not of get to see WT performance. Its good to know it all went well..

You lucky you-getting to see them again!!!

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Dogshirt 
  Posted: 01-Feb-2006, 08:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

I missed them. Couldn't stay up, I get up at 4:30AM to go to work, and forgot to set up the VCR. But they play a lot here in the Northwest, so I will see them live again. Live is better, but I'm glad to see they got some National exposure, even if it was in the 1:30AM slot. GO TINKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
CelticRoz 
Posted: 02-Feb-2006, 06:49 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey Rindy! Yeah, I had recorded it on my DVR and it came out good with the exception that my DVR shut off before it ended! sad.gif so I missed their last performance. I am sorry you missed it. I hear they are working on a concert DVD, so we hope that will come out SOON! wink.gif You know me! I am a major WT fan all the way!

Dogshirt! I am like you! I love seeing the WT live! Nothing like it. I first became a fan when I first started posting on this site several years ago, bought their CDs and such. But when I saw them live, that changed everything for me! I really got to see just even more how talented these guys are and love em! Last year I took about 172 photos of them. Wonder how many I will take this year?! laugh.gif I plan to see them at the Flagstaff games in July! I can hardly wait! Btw, Dogshirt. I can empathize! I used to get up at 4 am every morning to go to work! I did that for 20 years! Ugh! I feel for you! I hope this national exposure will give them the credit they deserve and much more!
Dogshirt 
  Posted: 02-Feb-2006, 07:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

Good news today!!!!! Found out that we only have 2 more houses to build in this project and the we will be only 11 miles from home. I can sleep in till 5:30!!! OH THE LUXURY OF IT ALL! It will save on the $60.00 a week I'm spending on gass too! thumbs_up.gif

beer_mug.gif
Annabelle 
Posted: 02-Feb-2006, 10:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Wicked Tinkers! Are they wicked or what?

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 02-Feb-2006, 11:57 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Very wicked indeed and IMHO Aaron is the best piper around...bar none! thumbs_up.gif
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 06-Feb-2006, 04:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Winston-Salem, North Carolina

male

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 03-Feb-2006, 12:57 AM)
Aaron is the best piper around...bar none! thumbsup.gif

biggrin.gif Bet you won't be saying that after you see Sean play from the Tartan Terrors!
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 06-Feb-2006, 05:33 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hmmm, well I guess we will see. I may stand corrected. But Aaron of WT is the only American piper on the board of Glasgow, Scotland's piper's college now, isn't he? tongue.gif laugh.gif I will let you know what I think. wink.gif smile.gif
CelticRoz 
Posted: 09-Feb-2006, 09:21 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

For those of you who missed seeing the WT on the Craig Ferguson show last week, the WT website now has videos of their performance for you to see. here is the website:

http://www.wickedtinkers.com/the.late.late.show.html

Also, check out their 2006 tour schedule!

http://www.wickedtinkers.com/Wicked_Schedule.html
roisindubh 
Posted: 10-Mar-2006, 03:27 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacReed

Realm: Globe AZ

female

For those of you who missed seeing the WT on the Craig Ferguson show last week, the WT website now has videos of their performance for you to see.  here is the website....
Thanks for the link!!!!! We became fans of the Tinkers when we saw them at highland games around Seattle. We moved to AZ last year and didn't get to any games down here. Now, we've missed them at the Mesa games but hope to catch them in Flagstaff. It will be odd seeing them without Wayne, but I'm sure the "new" didg player will do 'em proud. I think they've autographed every CD we've bought so far. (We still need to get Whiskey Supper.) They've always been warm and friendly when we've chatted with them after shows, and they even remember us from previous shows. I was back east for a wedding and missed the Bellingham games two years ago, and they actually asked my husband where "the wife" was. How many bands remember fans they only see once or twice a year? It will be funny to see if they recognize us way down here. "What are you two doing in the desert?" LOL

Let me add an "Amen!" to the advice to seek out a live show, too. I always enjoy watching the band interact with the kids in the audience. They get them up and dancing, lead them around the crowd in a parade.... Lots of fun to watch! One of my favorite photos, out of the scads that I've taken of them over the years, is from the Enumclaw games in '04. Warren had stopped in front of some kids sitting in front and let a girl whale away at his bass drum for a few bars. They're like that: they obviously have a lot of fun playing, and the audience gets carried away on the ride with them. And there's never anything wrong with watching a bunch of good-looking men in kilts having a great time!

--------------------
Irishness is not primarily a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition of being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it.  — Conor Cruise O'Brien

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar, and fat.— Alex Levine

The curse of the Irish is not that they don't know the words to a song -- it's that they know them all.  — Susan Dooley
PMEmail Poster               
ChocolateFilk 
Posted: 10-Mar-2006, 08:45 AM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacElder

Realm: San Diego Area

male

note.gif thumbs_up.gif Like so many have said, the Tinkers are really cool live. I have seen them many times at the San Diego Highland Games. I see I will have to pick up the new CD, have all the others.

--------------------
Jesus is Lord ||| Love Kate ||| Clan Ross ||| Science Fiction ||| Windbourne Sound ||| Filker
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 10-Mar-2006, 04:07 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Thanks for the link Celtic Rose.. I finally get to see this clip...Yippee!!!! I hope all is going well for them..Are you going to get to see them this year? I think they would really be great live...

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 18-Mar-2006, 02:40 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey all! I hope y'all got to see the clip from the Craig Ferguson show.

Roisindubh! You live not too far from me. About 3 hours to be exact! It is beautiful country up there. I am an hour south of Pheonix. The Wicked Tinkers are no longer playing at the Mesa Highland games....boo hoo. So if you went to the event (and I was there) you missed them. However, several of us from here are going to see them in Flagstaff in July 15-16. Hope to see you there!

I saw them last year in Flagstaff and gave Rindy here a live feed and and sent her a WT t-shirt! hee hee! I have her Tinkerized too! laugh.gif

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]